• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Excited for more Lazarus, even Lark-free. Unsure about that Kot book. I'll need to see a preview. Reminds me a bit of Change, which I only read the first issue of, but loved. But I did not like Zero very much. I like how Kot writes but his subject matter is not always interesting to me. Like, spies and armies and shit are yawnsville.

Mindwipe

Thanks for the suggestions, but I was hoping to find something for Wonder Woman specifically--that the movie release would catch their interest for the reading (this is for the fall).

Edit: Also, I was really wanting to do something with a female lead.

I will look at the other suggestions too of course. Thanks!

The Chiang and Azzerello New52 run is fairly contained, and contains a functional origin story and is much more classics orientated that might provide a jumping point to various mythological works, and it's effectively contained within six trade paperbacks.

Wait, Lazarus isn't cancelled?

I could've sworn that I read it was.

Nah, it's taking a break until next year while Lark recharges though. Rucks is putting out the mini series collaboration with other writers and artists in the meantime

Nice btw, did I miss this or has it not been posted? IDW finally putting out a HC that collects the other Locke & Key one shots. It#s only 72 pages, as was the one they did in Feb, kind of wish they'd just waited and put them together into one thing.

LK-Heaven-and-Earth-HC-SINGLE1.jpeg

Apparently CBR put it up yesterday but I was oblivious.

Vic_Viper

Just saw the Apple buying Disney rumor. If this goes through all the Netflix shows will probably end and will be released on iTunes instead. I seriously hope this doesn't happen, Disney is way better off without Apple messing around.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just saw the Apple buying Disney rumor. If this goes through all the Netflix shows will probably end and will be released on iTunes instead. I seriously hope this doesn't happen, Disney is way better off without Apple messing around.
I dont think this is going to happen.

Edit: Dude, its not a rumor, some analyst just said that this would be a cool idea. Its like when Patcher is drunk again and says silly stuff.

Vic_Viper

I dont think this is going to happen.

Edit: Dude, its not a rumor, some analyst just said that this would be a cool idea. Its like when Patcher is drunk again and says silly stuff.

Ok good lol. CBR was reporting it like it was almost a sure thing. I would be so pissed if it happens.

On another note, has Marvel announced any movies for after Infinity War 2? Obviously not another Avengers film, but some of their other movies like Captain Marvel and Black Panther. Are they all scheduled for before the 2nd IW? Seems like they might take a break for a bit if they haven't announced anything.

Kakaroach

Mmm. Like Arkon, whenever I've had issues with it in the past, it had been more to do with the writing style. Characters that were a bit too self aware of their own characters strengths and flaws and mention it quite often and so on, but that's really a Remender quirk across all his books. I've learned to accept it and love it, for the positives that comes with his writing style. Also I would only say, stick with it if that's the bother. For both Deadly Class & Black Science, characters thinking they understand themselves and the social situations around them way too over confidently end up playing large parts in the DNA of the books.

Also, funnily enough if there's one thing I haven't questioned, it's the drugs and sex lol
Yeah it felt like the whole second arc was about being self-aware. Something most teenagers, especially ones constantly on acid and coke, usually aren't.

I loved the premise, but dropped it after a few issues for similar reasons. Then I re-read it, bought the over-sized hard cover, and now it's in my top 3 books currently being published :)
Really? It's just kind of hard to get past this initial Billy's dad arc and all the unnecessary love triangle stuff. Maybe I'll give it another chance down the line.

Haha I have a good one but I'm not sure it's okay to post lol

*bleeds from every orifice*

I'm pretty sure he conceived Low when in therapy for being too nihilistic about the world hahaha

Village

Getting a lot of videos in my youtube feed talking about marvel and diversity

the hell did i miss?

Another note, had no idea DC had hanna barbara comics. When did that happen, also why isn't space ghost in injustice 2

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but Amazon is giving away an Injustice Comics Pack for Twitch Prime users at Comixology. I have no interest in this, so I'm giving away the code.

redeem: https://www.comixology.com/redeem
Code: TPDC-Q300M

I didn't get round to volume 2 after they cancelled the book, but I quite liked vol 1 of the Blackman/Del Mundo Elektra. Art, as Lore mentions, was phenomenal.

I don't really like the self-aware teens thing Remender does in Deadly Class either - it bothered me in the start of I think volume 3 (or 2?) but by the end I'm hooked again. It's a tic of Remender's i'm not super into but I still really like the book a lot

The Magdalena #1 - okay book. Probably the closest thing to a Magdalena comic i'd actually like.

Nova on the other hand, continues to rule. Never read a Nova comic before this run but it's really good!

Slayven

Went to the comic shop and flashed my Comic-Gaf badge, and shockingly i didn't get a discount.

Why did no one tell me there was a new Ray series? I am one of the 6 remaining Ray fanboys

caliph95

Went to the comic shop and flashed my Comic-Gaf badge, and shockingly i didn't get a discount.

Why did no one tell me there was a new Ray series? I am one of the 6 remaining Ray fanboys
Can i be fanboy if only read it for Priest.

Also it was a rebirth one shot for the JLA team

Nova on the other hand, continues to rule. Never read a Nova comic before this run but it's really good!

Mmm honestly Nova isn't a character I'd normally check out, there's just no naturally pull, but the art for the book looks phenomenal. Really great. In fact, Marvel are quite good with artists on their cosmic books in general. The upcoming Black Bolt with Christian Ward, Gamora. All books I know very little about the writers but great art.

jurgen

Mmm honestly Nova isn't a character I'd normally check out, there's just no naturally pull, but the art for the book looks phenomenal. Really great. In fact, Marvel are quite good with artists on their cosmic books in general. The upcoming Black Bolt with Christian Ward, Gamora. All books I know very little about the writers but great art.

It's really worth checking out. Not only is the art phenomenal but Jeff Loveness is writing a great book.

He better get a Spider-Man ongoing. Marvel doesn't know what they're missing out on.

You don't realise that every month I search the image solicits for Low HC and then Sejic. Right :(

Mmm, well don't get too excited for Sejic unless you really like cover credits

Low though. This is how you die! That attitude in Low, you would be dead already, gotta turn that frown upside down. You just gotta Dive into an aquatic fantasy like none you've ever seen before in this oversized hardcover, packed to the gills with concept art, design sketches, original script, and more hidden treasures. Collects Low #1-15.

It's in there, honest

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tony Guerrero‏ @GManFromHeck 2h2 hours ago
More
You might've noticed, I've parted ways with GameSpot and ComicVine.

welp thats comicvine dead

Messi

Mmm, well don't get too excited for Sejic unless you really like cover credits

Low though. This is how you die! That attitude in Low, you would be dead already, gotta turn that frown upside down. You just gotta Dive into an aquatic fantasy like none you've ever seen before in this oversized hardcover, packed to the gills with concept art, design sketches, original script, and more hidden treasures. Collects Low #1-15.

It's in there, honest

I don't know if you are joking anymore :(

Top Bottom