• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Nah, they do those kinds of promo shots all the time. I don't think Valiant would really fuck with a Hickman sized team.

The shot reminds me off the initial group shot in CWII with Faith taking the place of Jane!Thor(I still find it funny Carol didn't get to be in the middle of the group even in her own event).

Well this explains why his Guardians run is garbage.
It's actually really shitty that he can't be bothered to do research.

I guess just reading the the not even long guardians book or skimming through the wiki was too much work. Especially one with access to books and comic nerds

Honestly he could be just busy with 100 books he writes and i'm just being annoying fanboy.
He also has been writing at least 2 other books while writing Guardians. The man is a busy one. Pre-SW he was writing 2 X-books and Guardians. Now he's writing 2 Iron Man books, Jessica Jones, and Miles Morales in addition to Guardians.

A book is going to suffer.

duckroll

Half way through East of West Year Two, walked into a comic store, couldn't help myself, picked up Black Monday Murders Vol1. Send help.

caliph95

New Character in Weapon X
/s
:
7aj52u2n49ry.png

Penguin

Most interesting promotion for her

Curious to see what brings to the table

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

She's already proven herself as the writer responsible for the lives of DC Entertainment's DC Super Hero Girls, and this summer, Shea Fontana is stepping up to the big leagues — or the Justice League, at least — as the new writer on DC's ongoing Wonder Woman series.

Fontana has signed on to write five issues of the twice-monthly series for the heroine, beginning with July's No. 26, with a storyline that will introduce a new villain into the DC Universe. The move comes fresh off the success of her DC Super Hero Girls work (in addition to two graphic novels to date, she's also written animated adventures and a digital comic series for the property).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Dead link is dead

Why do these links never work

Hmmmmmm they seem to have pulled them down. I still have the tab open from last night.

Here are the new #1's....

Moonstruck #1
Story: Grace Ellis
Art: Kate Leth, Shae Beagle

A NEW ONGOING SERIES from Lumberjanes creator GRACE ELLIS and talented newcomer SHAE BEAGLE that tells a story of monsters, romance, and magical hijinks! The first arc also includes an additional short story with artist KATE LETH! Fantasy creatures are living typical, unremarkable lives alongside humans, and barista Julie strives to be the most unremarkable of all. Normal job, normal almost-girlfriend, normal...werewolf transformations that happen when she gets upset? Yikes! But all bets are off when she and her centaur best friend Chet find themselves in the middle of a magical conspiracy. Will Julie and Chet be able to save their friends? Is Julie's dogged determination to be normal a lost cause? Who's going to watch the coffee shop while our heroes are out saving the world?? These questions and more will be answered in MOONSTRUCK, coming July 19 from Image Comics.

Sacred Creatures #1
Story: Klaus Janson, Pablo Raimondi
Art / Cover: Pablo Raimondi

When the supernatural forces maintaining the fragile balance of power in this world start to unravel, Josh Miller, a young college grad and expecting father, is caught in the middle of a vast conspiracy threatening to tear apart the foundations of humanity as we know it. As myth and reality collide, Josh finds himself on the frontline of a battle against an enemy dating back to the beginning of time itself. Comic legends KLAUS JANSON (Daredevil, Dark Knight Returns) and PABLO RAIMONDI (X-Factor, Book of Doom) proudly present SACRED CREATURES, their first-ever creator-owned series, with a monster-sized first issue featuring 66 pages of color art!

Generation Gone #1

Story: Ales Kot, André Lima Araújo
Art / Cover: André Lima Araújo, Chris O'Halloran

America, 2020. Three young hackers with nothing to lose. A secretive scientist with a plan. One final job. What happens when you're poor, angry, and get superpowers you never asked for? Skins + Unbreakable = GENERATION GONE, sort of— if you also include multiple trips to the sun, weird black goo, a breakup fight inside a nuclear factory, love, hate, anger, loss...and survival. GENERATION GONE is for every kid struggling out there. It's about what it means to be young in the USA, 2017.

Lazarus: X+66 #1 (Of 6)

Story: Greg Rucka & Eric Trautmann
Art: Steve Lieber

In the wake of “CULL” and setting the stage for “FRACTURE,” the sixth storyline of the critically acclaimed LAZARUS, this series takes us into the year +66 with six separate stories. Casey Solomon has caught the eye of the Lazarus, but gaining the Family’s attention can be as much a curse as a blessing. Will Dagger Selection destroy Casey, or will survival mean something worse?

Three thoughts:

Who's the blond guy in the middle?
Damn is Metallo the character with the most design changes ever?
Mongul, what the fuck are you even doing on Earth with these fools?
"Yo, want to join our totally cool Revenge Squad to try to take down Superman? We're going to try to get Zod to work with us as well."

tim1138

Three thoughts:

The blonde dude looks kind of like Ulysses from Johns short N52 run.

caliph95

Three thoughts:

I think that guy is Blanque, a new villain introduces in in Lois and clark, jut the colouring makes him look blond.
he was recently recruited in the latest Action comics

dan2026

I think that guy is Blanque, a new villain introduces in in Lois and clark, jut the colouring makes him look blond.
he was recently recruited in the latest Action comics
Fair enough. I haven't read that issue yet.

Either way Superman rogues are top tier.
Hopefully will be a fun arc.

Generation Gone #1

America, 2020. Three young hackers with nothing to lose. A secretive scientist with a plan. One final job. What happens when you're poor, angry, and get superpowers you never asked for? Skins + Unbreakable = GENERATION GONE, sort of— if you also include multiple trips to the sun, weird black goo, a breakup fight inside a nuclear factory, love, hate, anger, loss...and survival. GENERATION GONE is for every kid struggling out there. It's about what it means to be young in the USA, 2017.

This sounds intresting especially with Ales Kot, but that line should really never be used to advertise anything, someone please insert the gaf of steve buscemi pretending to be a teenager here ha

IIRC Kot is maybe 30 years old. Out of comic writers, he's actually likely to be able to write teenagers just fine. Were not talking Mark Waid here

IIRC Kot is maybe 30 years old. Out of comic writers, he's actually likely to be able to write teenagers just fine. Were not talking Mark Waid here

I meant more the wording of that line just seems really cheesy to me, like its something some executive thinks will sell the book to the youth of today rather than something Kot will have written.

Though not for nothing as someone past thirty to the skins age generation they are referencing we would seem very old :(

Owzers

Generation Gone #1

This sounds intresting especially with Ales Kot, but that line should really never be used to advertise anything, someone please insert the gaf of steve buscemi pretending to be a teenager here ha

The book ends with the three of them voting for Trump to send a message to the establishment.

Help me please, ComicsGAF.

I'm a high school teacher and I need to pick something for this reading program we do. Now, it can be literally anything that's not too adult; it just needs to be a printed text, basically. I had thought about doing a Walking Dead collection, but it's too R-rated for some of our students. What about Wonder Woman? Is there a specific collection that's at least decently well-written and has some thoughtful content? I thought that it might be a good reference point with the movie coming out; we could talk about representations of women in mainstream media, etc. But I need to have a text that's got something substantial to talk about.

Thanks!

I'm a high school teacher and I need to pick something for this reading program we do. Now, it can be literally anything that's not too adult; it just needs to be a printed text, basically. I had thought about doing a Walking Dead collection, but it's too R-rated for some of our students. What about Wonder Woman? Is there a specific collection that's at least decently well-written and has some thoughtful content? I thought that it might be a good reference point with the movie coming out; we could talk about representations of women in mainstream media, etc. But I need to have a text that's got something substantial to talk about.

Thanks!

Initial thought was Saga, it would be a great fit but a bit too lewd or at least quite free with swearing, genitalia etc. Paper Girls might be a good fit. BKV stuff is my go to for some reason.

Thanks!

I'd suggest you consider the 6 issue mini-series Six Gun Gorrilla. It's about the importance of imagination and storytelling. It's also about the value in holding on to our memories of love, even after heartbreak (It's sort of a stealth anti-suicide PSA in this sense). It has cool action and killer art, too. An alternate dimension and a gorilla shooting guns. I think they'd dig it and it would give you a lot to talk about.

I'd suggest you consider the 6 issue mini-series Six Gun Gorrilla. It's about the importance of imagination and storytelling. It's also about the value in holding on to our memories of love, even after heartbreak. It has cool action and killer art, too. An alternate dimension and a gorilla shooting guns. I think they'd dig it and it would give you a lot to talk about.

Haha. I literally ordered this a few hours ago. Makes me feel good about that!

Initial thought was Saga, it would be a great fit but a bit too lewd or at least quite free with swearing, genitalia etc. Paper Girls might be a good fit. BKV stuff is my go to for some reason.

Both are super sweary though. There are are probably better suited books.

Something like Scott Pilgrim popped into mind first.

If you want it more relevant, the March trilogy is widely thought of as top tier.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I was hoping to find something for Wonder Woman specifically--that the movie release would catch their interest for the reading (this is for the fall).

Edit: Also, I was really wanting to do something with a female lead.

I will look at the other suggestions too of course. Thanks!

Batjag

Thanks!

The Legend of Wonder Woman by Renae De Liz is exactly what you're looking for. Both the story and the art are excellent.
Amazon.com listing

Reviews at Goodreads

tim1138

Thanks!

Check out Meteor Men by Jeff Parker and Sandy Jarrell. It's a coming of age story with sci-fi trappings with great writing and art. Anecdotally, my wife teaches high school and is friends with the school librarian. He's told her it's one of their most checked out graphic novels.

Both are super sweary though. There are are probably better suited books.

Haha probably!

As far as WW, I can only pitch in and say that Azzrello's run is a nice finished up story that is plenty thoughtful with good ideas in it, but there's probably better stuff that came before that I have no idea about. Azzrello's run starts at vol 1: Blood and is six books long if that's relevant. Haven't read Legend of yet <3

Tim dropping the bombs with the insider knowledge!

Top Bottom