• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Sandfox

Yeah, he went zero to "jews control the media" really quick.

x0OyQUI.jpg

If the rumors about Humphries being the one to leak CWII are true, this makes it even funnier.

Given what Humphries wrote for the Guardians line, he shouldn't be one to joke.

Kakaroach

Well it is a Remender comic. He likes to do that stuff and sometimes it got awkward in regards to his Marvel work.
Funny thing is I love Remender for the most part. Uncanny X-Force is one of my favorite stories of all time and his Punisher run is loads of fun. Just disappointed Deadly Class got really messed up.

jurgen

Given what Humphries wrote for the Guardians line, he shouldn't be one to joke.

I would agree but the night and day transformation of Humphries when he came over to DC convinced me that his Star-Lord was guided by editorial for brand synergy™ and whatever Bendis decided to randomly do.

Seriously, I'm shocked by how good Green Lanterns has been.

mreddie

I would agree but the night and day transformation of Humphries when he came over to DC convinced me that his Star-Lord was guided by editorial for brand synergy™ and whatever Bendis decided to randomly do.

But he pushed StarKat though.

I still say Marvel dropped the ball on Bennett hard than Hump.

Sandfox

I would imagine it has more to do with Geoff Johns than anything else. The issues people had with Humphries' stuff wasn't either wasn't present in Bendis' run or we know it's Humphries' idea. Even when it comes to syngery people overstate how much there is in the main Guardians book, but Humphries had a ton for whatever reason.

jurgen

I would imagine it has more to do with Geoff Johns than anything else. The issues people had with Humphries' stuff wasn't either wasn't present in Bendis' run or we know it's Humphries' idea. Even when it comes to syngery people overstate how much there is in the main Guardians book, but Humphries had a ton for whatever reason.

I think that Johns' guidance helps but I believe he had a lot of potential over at Marvel that either wasn't honed or was muddled by editors. Avengers A.I. was severely under-rated in my opinion and Humphries did a lot more for Hank Pym than anyone else had done in decades. That book was just DOA, unfortunately.

Actually rethinking the X-Men Blue news, doesn't that
make the team really, really dude heavy? I don't really like that for someone reason.

Sandfox

I think that Johns' guidance helps but I believe he had a lot of potential over at Marvel that either wasn't honed or was muddled by editors. Avengers A.I. was severely under-rated in my opinion and Humphries did a lot more for Hank Pym than anyone else had done in decades. That book was just DOA, unfortunately.
Humphries has written some good stuff.
make the team really, really dude heavy? I don't really like that for someone reason.

According to Bunn, there's going to be multiple new members.

mreddie

Every underrated book from Mahvoo since 2013.

I can't believe I enjoyed X-men blue more than gold.

Still hate the alternate universe og5 though lol.

Sad about Rucka leaving WW, because even though it's been 20 issues it seemed like he only just started getting to the really good stuff. I lowkey feel the flashback issues could have stopped after year one, and bless her heart but I just don't find Veronica Cale all that interesting as a villain.

I think it's cool.

Just for the eventual Wolverteam book we'll get when he comes back.
Fantastic Fourverines.
Can do that shit right goddamned now.
Too bad Land face is in full effect
As long as the action is as on point as Mighty Avengers, I'm good to fucking go.
He's such a shit

I love him.
Guess Bunn didn't want to use Laura AGAIN after what Hopeless and Bendis did? Reminds me: do you think Laura would remember Jimmy from Bendis' run? That'd be cool.
Willing to bet other
Ultimate versions aren't far behind.

Of who, though? According to Bunn, there's a theme. Young succeeding the old? So, who else is a young version of a previous mantle holder? Thunderbird 3? Siryn?

arkon

Am I the only one who didn't love Deadly Class? Amazing premise, but way too much teenage angst and absurdity. They're all hardcore druggies and love to sleep with one another. I dunno man, I thought it had so much potential.

I didn't love it either. I still follow it (through digital sales) but it's not high up on my list of priorities. Haven't read it in a long while but I was opening up to it more after the initial arc. It does that thing of know-it-all younger characters which I just find hard to buy into. One of my pet peeves. I was getting into it more as we learned some of Marcus' history though. I forget which issue I last read, 9 or 10? I'll probably wait until it's all done before reading the rest of it. So yeah like enough to keep up with in a sense but not love.

Am I the only one who didn't love Deadly Class? Amazing premise, but way too much teenage angst and absurdity. They're all hardcore druggies and love to sleep with one another. I dunno man, I thought it had so much potential.

Mmm. Like Arkon, whenever I've had issues with it in the past, it had been more to do with the writing style. Characters that were a bit too self aware of their own characters strengths and flaws and mention it quite often and so on, but that's really a Remender quirk across all his books. I've learned to accept it and love it, for the positives that comes with his writing style. Also I would only say, stick with it if that's the bother. For both Deadly Class & Black Science, characters thinking they understand themselves and the social situations around them way too over confidently end up playing large parts in the DNA of the books.

Also, funnily enough if there's one thing I haven't questioned, it's the drugs and sex lol

I loved the premise, but dropped it after a few issues for similar reasons. Then I re-read it, bought the over-sized hard cover, and now it's in my top 3 books currently being published :)

Injustice 2

Damn good way to come back. Seems like it's the year of the villains.

Detective Comics

Was kind of iffy on the issue as a whole, but the end ramp up was pretty amazing.

Action Comics

What a waste of an issue. This issue kind of annoyed the hell out of me. Now we got an issue of Superman and Action after Reborn with not a damn thing really being addressed.

Hal and GLC

Glad this book is picking up. I really liked Guy and Arkillo being the voices of reason.

Rose

Definition of generic and cliché.

Spencer & Locke

I liked the sense of humor this had. The cuts to Calvin & Hobb's territory and then having a spin on it and cutting back worked really well and overall I'm really interested in this.

Red Hood and Outlaws

For some reason it kind of bothers me that Bizarro is wearing an exact copy of current Superman's costume. It just doesn't seem to make sense for me with this current Bizarro. This one doesn't think he is Superman, RH and Artimis wouldn't want him to be confused with the real Superman, there's just no real reason for it to be an exact copy. Hell if anything it would have made more sense for him to make his own and it end up being a callout to older uniforms.

It oddly really bothers me. /shrug

Action Comics

What a waste of an issue. This issue kind of annoyed the hell out of me. Now we got an issue of Superman and Action after Reborn with not a damn thing really being addressed.

I can back to Action for the Superman Reborn crossover and got this issue too. Really reminded me of all the issues with Jurgens' writing. Just dull and plodding. DC should let Dan stick to pencilling.

caliph95

I guess just reading the the not even long guardians book or skimming through the wiki was too much work. Especially one with access to books and comic nerds

Honestly he could be just busy with 100 books he writes and i'm just being annoying fanboy.

Well this explains why his Guardians run is garbage.
It's actually really shitty that he can't be bothered to do research.

I guess just reading the the not even long guardians book or skimming through the wiki was too much work. Especially one with access to books and comic nerds

Honestly he could be just busy with 100 books he writes and i'm just being annoying fanboy.

I think that was a joke...

caliph95

Rose looked good at least the cover those but i hear is how generic it is.

Well might as well jump in Rat Queens and Seven to eternity
Started reading Spire

Welp. I guess I'll skip Rose then.

Rose looked good at least the cover those but i hear is how generic it is.

Well might as well jump in Rat Queens and Seven to eternity
Started reading Spire

It's just so run of the mill. I may be a little more rough on it because I feel like I'm kind of tired of the fantasy genre at this point. It really comes of as a far less interesting Seven to Eternity. You got your bad person that took over the kingdom and went out to kill everyone that could possibly appose them and the main character is one of these people years later.

You don't even really get to see what the special power or people are in the first issue. You just kind of get a glimpse and know it has something to do with tigers or something.

Just...bleh.

caliph95

It's just so run of the mill. I may be a little more rough on it because I feel like I'm kind of tired of the fantasy genre at this point. It really comes of as a far less interesting Seven to Eternity. You got your bad person that took over the kingdom and went out to kill everyone that could possibly appose them and the main character is one of these people years later.

You don't even really get to see what the special power or people are in the first issue. You just kind of get a glimpse and know it has something to do with tigers or something.

Just...bleh.
I'm far from a fantasy nerd but that sounds like every other fantasy story ever, it sounds almost up there with an army of evil invading a nice kingdom and a chosen one to sae them.

Also that sounded disappointing though i just herd of it going through release this weeks

Sad about Rucka leaving WW, because even though it's been 20 issues it seemed like he only just started getting to the really good stuff. I lowkey feel the flashback issues could have stopped after year one, and bless her heart but I just don't find Veronica Cale all that interesting as a villain.

Whaaat? Nooooooo. This sucks.

Not sure if any UK folks use them but wordery are doing an Easter code that gets you 15% off of anything in your basket after the first book, and their prices are pretty competitive in the first place. I was doing a new round of trades anyway and got £15 off, can't complain.

Edit: code is BOOKHUNT, and its good til the 17th.

Not sure if any UK folks use them but wordery are doing an Easter code that gets you 15% off of anything in your basket after the first book, and their prices are pretty competitive in the first place. I was doing a new round of trades anyway and got £15 off, can't complain.

Edit: code is BOOKHUNT, and its good til the 17th.

Thanks, I've found Wordery and Book Depository are the two best priced for newer books for UK buying. Its usualy a little cheaper buying through there stores on Amazon as well. I'm always torn doing that though as who I work with are an Amazon supplier and Amazon treat you like shit most of the time ha

I would say Deadly Class improves as it goes, though I liked the first volume a lot even so. The only part I havent really liked all the way through was the part where he shits himself, just thought that was lazy teen gross out movie comedy, but you know different sense of humours and all that.

Thanks, I've found Wordery and Book Depository are the two best priced for newer books for UK buying. Its usualy a little cheaper buying through there stores on Amazon as well. I'm always torn doing that though as who I work with are an Amazon supplier and Amazon treat you like shit most of the time ha

Yea the US have their IST etc. but you just dont get many places with good deals on comics here. I use both of those as a general rule of thumb as well, especially wordery if they have express delivery available for the books you're after since it's a catch all price and not based on weight. I'll go the marketplace route if express isn't available, I find they dispatch the orders put through Amazon a little quicker in those circumstances and as you say man, a little cheaper. £15 isn't a lot but hey, it's two Image v1s or something!

Also, I don't want to imagine how it is dealing with all that on the seller's end hah

arkon

I also use speedyhen and recently have started using Books etc. I generally go for the cheapest out of those four. Occasionally Amazon UK will have the best price too.

I've got some good deals off speedyhen with things like Usagi Yojimbo saga hardcovers being £10-15 cheaper per volume. That was a while ago though. I think prices are much closer now

Yea the US have their IST etc. but you just dont get many places with good deals on comics here. I use both of those as a general rule of thumb as well, especially wordery if they have express delivery available for the books you're after since it's a catch all price and not based on weight. I'll go the marketplace route if express isn't available, I find they dispatch the orders put through Amazon a little quicker in those circumstances and as you say man, a little cheaper. £15 isn't a lot but hey, it's two Image v1s or something!

Also, I don't want to imagine how it is dealing with all that on the seller's end hah

Yeah I wish we had something like IST over here, but I guess theres not the same market for it over here. I know you can order in bulk from there to make posatge to uk not so bad but I usually just order a few single issues or a trade a week on whatever I am trying to catch up on so doesn't really work for me.

I usually don't do so bad on cost as I tend to be a bit behind on my trades, only really up to start of Marvel Now in trades. Rebirth in DC and a year or so behind on indies. Theres a few favourite titles I get in single issues if I really want to keep up with it (BP, Black Monday Murders, Motor Girl, a few of the pannini ones to keep up with x-men/avengers). I have noticed prices seem to be a bit higher than they used to be across all trades though, probably Marvel and there bloody 4.99 :(. Still any discount you can get it is something.

Well lets just say if your a customer of Amazon you'll do alright but if your a supplier to them you get the short end of the stock. There completely customer based and if they treat suppliers like shit there such a big company they can get away with it.

Light month for Image! lol

Damn, James Harren is actually in Scotland, signing in Edinburgh this weekend....if only I had known this and planned. I would love to have rise of the black flame/rumble signed.

Top Bottom