• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Could I read Wildstrom #1 and not be lost if I know nothing about anything Wildstorm other than say Midnighter...

This relaunch was my first Wild Storm reading and I felt pretty lost with #1. But I'd say give it two issues. The exposition you need is in the second issue.

how was godshaper.

AMAZING!

Finally got (most of) my new haul in!

Pretty Deadly vol 1 is a rebuy, I loaned my sister the first volume a few years ago and never saw it again. Shutter vol 2 and Six Gun Gorilla are still out in the dark behind the stars (aka the royal mail service), and I already wrote about The Spire. Really looking forward to reading through these, had a flick through a few, and they look great. Can't believe I'm only just getting to Prophet, I've been planning on picking it up since the first issue previews lol

I love that 5 of these books, half your haul, feature artists based in my town.

Vic_Viper

From these 3 series:
- Astonishing X-Men
- All New X-Men (Bendis)
- Wolverine and the X-Men

Which would be the right order to read? Astonishing > Wolverine > All New?

Just so you know, Wolverine & the X-Men and All New X-Men have an event that intersects with the 2 series called Battle of the Atom. It takes place towards the end of Wolverine but towards the beginning of All New.

Also Highly recommend reading Bendis's Uncanny X-Men while reading his All New. It starts right after the first trade (you will know when) and runs right along with All New. It gives you a chance to see whats going on with both sides/teams.

Wanderer5

Yep, just recently found out myself too.

Here's a collection of all of them.

https://twitter.com/Platypus222/lists/unbeatable-squirrel-girl/members

Ha ha that is awesome.

Also this looks cool!

C9tWZfoXcAEr0Su.jpg

Kssio_Aug

Just so you know, Wolverine & the X-Men and All New X-Men have an event that intersects with the 2 series called Battle of the Atom. It takes place towards the end of Wolverine but towards the beginning of All New.

Also Highly recommend reading Bendis's Uncanny X-Men while reading his All New. It starts right after the first trade (you will know when) and runs right along with All New. It gives you a chance to see whats going on with both sides/teams.

Thank you!! Will consider the Bendis Uncanny! =)

I love that 5 of these book, half your haul, feature artists based in my town.

Oh really?? I had no idea, I didn't pick based on that intentionally, although I did pick them based on the art for the most part. The current comic art culture where your at must really appeal to my pleasure centres lol

Nah, gonna buy the Hardcover when it coming out.
Reading stuff on my 5 year old iPad isnt fun anymore

Fair enough dude. I can't even imagine how thick the HC will be, will probably take a week to read through.

Nova a being cancelled before I even get the chance to support it with the trade would be so typical. Perez art on it is so good.

Seems safe considering its gotten an OGN, Eisner noms, and does well in trades

Thank God too, what a great series

Marvel really have to get out ahead of some of this stuff that would survive better in the book market first rather than considered a failure at comic stores before even making it to trade. At least with Gotham Academy going away at DC, the team were super clear in that round of interviews that a) the book would be back, and b) likely in an altered form in terms of delivery. So many books (or more so great creative teams & partnerships) gone by the way side because they couldn't compete on the stand beside Batman & Spiderman, seems a waste. I don't know if we're talking digital first or OGNs or whatever, but there's folks at these companies who's entire job is to have the answer.

mreddie

I thought this book was safe given how long the past kid nova books run.

The drop off after demanding Rich to be back might have been the "So after all that, you don't even come to the party?"

Basically, I feel they axed the book because no one came to it after the whining that Rich should be Nova again.

tim1138

This was a different situtation, I think the events in the life of Jeph Loeb had to a lot to do with how safe it was

Loeb only wrote like the first five issues, that book went a good 30 issues before Secret Wars and another 11 afterwards before the current relaunch.

mreddie said:
The drop off after demanding Rich to be back might have been the "So after all that, you don't even come to the party?"

Basically, I feel they axed the book because no one came to it after the whining that Rich should be Nova again.

Kinda looks that way. And honestly did anyone expect those people to buy the book again?

Top Bottom