• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

TheFlow

Banned
1614705_ful.jpg

Generation Zero finale today. Even though it seems it was always planned, it's sad to see this one go so soon. It was really original and weird in its own way; it went as far as to make a fetus one of the main characters. Van Lente is a goddamn treasure. Valiant is moving towards their iconic characters this year, but I hope there's a return in the cards for this group.

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Not sure if anyone else here listens to it, it's pretty damn long, but the guys from Weird Science DC got put into this weeks Green Arrow issue. Guess Ferreyra is a big fan of the podcast.

MNAtcTq.jpg

So New Warriors & Squirrel Girl looks more like GLA. Also getting pre-Civil War #1 vibes which is probably due to their Young mini. MHWilliams was right. Sad about no Justice or Firestar.

Malyse

So, I'm at comixology WTF-ing at the lack of Tomboy #11 after that sent me two "hey bruh, we gonna charge you for this subscription, WE GONNA CHARGE IT!" email but there's no new chage? No confirmation email? And I check the release date and
Dg8ufXT.png

Why?

VanWinkle

WOW at The Button Part 1. What an intro.

I really haven't seen a ton of Fabok interior art before, but holy crap was that some amazing art.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Scarlet Spider Issue 4:

BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT - Ben's back in his classic threads! • We hope it'll make a difference, because the Scarlet Spider's at odds with a deeply connected crime lord and her impervious consigliere. • And will Kaine finally catch up to his clone-brother?! Rated T+
Did we knew that Kaine is coming back?

Scarlet Spider Issue 4:

BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT - Ben's back in his classic threads! • We hope it'll make a difference, because the Scarlet Spider's at odds with a deeply connected crime lord and her impervious consigliere. • And will Kaine finally catch up to his clone-brother?! Rated T+
Did we knew that Kaine is coming back?
Yep. The whole book is built on his chase of Ben.

Don't even find it sad how every major Marvel event has had a minority dying in the first issue.

I'm listening to a Guardians interview with Duggan and Kuder and the book sounds pretty interesting. They went in pretty good detail about future plans for the book so these aree legit spoilers:
-The book is going to tackle cosmic entities reacting to a feeling that the universe was reconstructed(Secret Wars) and they will be hunting down the Infinity Stones(which haven't shown up since the event). Duggan said this is the biggest thing he has done at Marvel
-Ideas that people haven't thought about in a long time will be reintroduced. Including old fan favorite characters
-The story explaining Baby Groot is going to be "profoundly messed up"
-No Thanos stories planned
-They are going to continue some stuff from the DnA run hinted at, like stuff with the Nova Corp, and villians, along with some Uncanny Avenger/Rage of Ultron stuff popping
-Duggan has been writing Rich, but won't tell us where
-Stuff that shows up early will be setting the seeds for stories that could drop in year 2 or 3

Combined with the stuff that we already knew I'm expecting a good run.
Well now I'm excited. You can Make Mine Marvel for this one.

caliph95

I'm listening to a Guardians interview with Duggan and Kuder and the book sounds pretty interesting. They went in pretty good detail about future plans for the book so these aree legit spoilers:
-The book is going to tackle cosmic entities reacting to a feeling that the universe was reconstructed(Secret Wars) and they will be hunting down the Infinity Stones(which haven't shown up since the event). Duggan said this is the biggest thing he has done at Marvel
-Ideas that people haven't thought about in a long time will be reintroduced. Including old fan favorite characters
-The story explaining Baby Groot is going to be "profoundly messed up"
-No Thanos stories planned
-They are going to continue some stuff from the DnA run hinted at, like stuff with the Nova Corp, and villians, along with some Uncanny Avenger/Rage of Ultron stuff popping
-Duggan has been writing Rich, but won't tell us where
-Stuff that shows up early will be setting the seeds for stories that could drop in year 2 or 3

Combined with the stuff that we already knew I'm expecting a good run.
In Duggan we trust

Top Bottom