• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Nick making Cap not be an actual nazi takes the wow impact out of it, making this just The Superior Captain America (and some dubious "I know I display all the signs of being a racist but I swear I'm not" type shit).

And anyway they should have had the villain be a hero who actually was part of Hydra the entire time, instead of some lame cosmic cube fuckery. Just sacrifice Carol for that shit and then mindwipe her after lol.

Invinbile #135 tho: Mark is about to get that ass beat since
he can barely take on one teenaged Virtumite. Don't know wtf Eve thinks she's doing either.

VanWinkle

I really enjoyed it.

Suicide Squad has been great post event too.

Have they been doing proper issues now that Jim Lee is gone? I was actually kind of excited for the title hearing Rob Williams was going to be writing it, and then when they said Lee would be doing half issue stories and then the other half of the issue would be something else, I jumped off.

Have they been doing proper issues now that Jim Lee is gone? I was actually kind of excited for the title hearing Rob Williams was going to be writing it, and then when they said Lee would be doing half issue stories and then the other half of the issue would be something else, I jumped off.

Neh it's been real weird. JRJR doing half of the issue with his art looking like ass and then the back half being like a separate but same story but them going together. It's been kind of weird. It's almost like one full issue but two halves that don't completely sync up.

To counter Messi, I've hated SS since the event(thought it started Rebirth fun and great). The last half of the last issue I liked though and seemed like it could be going in a cool direction, but who knows.

Messi

The backups gave us this though

4ivN3VN.jpg

VanWinkle

Neh it's been real weird. JRJR doing half of the issue with his art looking like ass and then the back half being like a separate but same story but them going together. It's been kind of weird. It's almost like one full issue but two halves that don't completely sync up.

To counter Messi, I've hated SS since the event(thought it started Rebirth fun and great). The last half of the last issue I liked though and seemed like it could be going in a cool direction, but who knows.

Oh, interesting. Not sure how I feel about that. I will probably get the eventual deluxe edition to try for myself, though.

I hope Darkseid War didn't ruin monthly comics for Fabok. Dude is too good to only be doing one off issues here and there.

Is he doing all four issues of The Button? I hope so.

tim1138

Oh, interesting. Not sure how I feel about that. I will probably get the eventual deluxe edition to try for myself, though.

Is he doing all four issues of The Button? I hope so.

He did the Batman issues and Howard Porter did the Flash issues, which is great for me because I love Howard Porter.

The backups gave us this though

I don't think it's been all horrible, but trading Lee for JRJR has been atrocious, the back-ups went from being their own thing to just being confusing continuations, this whole Waller/Harcourt thing has been convoluted and pointless all just to capture Rustam that was just randomly attacking people then it was all a part of Waller's plan.

There's been moments, but JRJR art and stupid convoluted story has really made me hate it.

I hope Darkseid War didn't ruin monthly comics for Fabok. Dude is too good to only be doing one off issues here and there.

I bet the commitment to ship (most books) twice a month really rained on his parade. Funny to think he wasn't that big a name not too long ago either, I remember he was on Layman's TEC run, right?

VanWinkle

Man, DC is so blessed having Ivan Reis, Jason Fabok, Francis Manapul, Gary Frank (though he doesn't do interiors much anymore unfortunately), Pat Gleason, etc etc. SO MANY GREAT ARTISTS.

Man the more I read Uncanny Avengers the more I want to see an animated series for it. But then I remember how marvel animation is currently....

To echo Messi, SS has been fucking aces sinces JLvsSS.

I have to catch up, funnily enough I stopped picking SS up after the event. No other reason than being too lazy to go to the comic store.

tim1138

I bet the commitment to ship (most books) twice a month really rained on his parade. Funny to think he wasn't that big a name not too long ago either, I remember he was on Layman's TEC run, right?

Drawing Darkseid War about killed him. I can't remember if it was on his Facebook page or in an interview, but he said he was working like 12-15 hours a day seven days a week. After that he swore off doing big team books and monthly stuff so he could spend time with his family (which is totally understandable). That's why he only does covers and stuff like the first issue of JL vs SS and the Button.

Drawing Darkseid War about killed him. I can't remember if it was on his Facebook page or in an interview, but he said he was working like 12-15 hours a day seven days a week. After that he swore off doing big team books and monthly stuff so he could spend time with his family (which is totally understandable). That's why he only does covers and stuff like the first issue of JL vs SS and the Button.

Oh wow, really? That's crazy man, I had no idea, I thought you meant it in the most general sense, not a specific reference, shit, I feel bad now. Ah man, I don't blame him. This guy needs a 10 issues a year Image series lol.

Loving some of these covers coming out of Boom's Dark Crystal series:

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am so excited for when Guardians of the Galaxy 2 starts next weekend <3

Remember when Groot finally said "We are Groot" and we all shed some tears?

error4041

I Hate Fairyland ended on a fairly fucked-up note today.
The guy mistaking Gert's threats of violence for sexual remarks was pretty funny though

Royals was pretty great, though the reason for Medusa being sick is kinda lame.
Black Bolt actually being Maximus is a fun twist
It also explains how the Black Bolt solo can co-exist with Royals.

I think Fabok is mostly really good but I think him being overworked showed on Darkseid War.

Sometimes I think it would be pretty useful for guys who draw digitally to have an inker anyway. For example, there's no way Capullo could have kept his monthly schedule on Batman if it wasn't for the inters he worked with but somehow it's expected for digital artists to be able to both jobs within the same time frame

Dalek

I think Fabok is mostly really good but I think him being overworked showed on Darkseid War.

Sometimes I think it would be pretty useful for guys who draw digitally to have an inker anyway. For example, there's no way Capullo could have kept his monthly schedule on Batman if it wasn't for the inters he worked with but somehow it's expected for digital artists to be able to both jobs within the same time frame

I'm interested in this. Is there a way to know what artists draw digitally vs physical? I'd love to even see video of people drawing digitally-it's so foreign to me.

arkon

Oh wow, really? That's crazy man, I had no idea, I thought you meant it in the most general sense, not a specific reference, shit, I feel bad now. Ah man, I don't blame him. This guy needs a 10 issues a year Image series lol.

Loving some of these covers coming out of Boom's Dark Crystal series:

I thought that was a new Monstress cover for a second there

I thought that was a new Monstress cover for a second there

I believe it's the same artist on covers! Different interiors, but they're still pretty good in the previews. I was a big fan of the movie as a kid, that and Labyrinth, so I'll bite when the collection comes out. Especially now I'm familiar with Spurrier.

Man, if I buy all the books I want today, it'd be $65. :3

This isn't that far off what I'd prefer to spend on an average month haha

Sandfox

Zuberbolts was just...there.

Didn't do anything but it was a Bucky book that happened to be connected with the Cap stuff.

It pretty much just housed those characters in the time between Standoff and Secret Empire. I thought the final arc was decent enough, but the rest was meh.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I want a book with Reed and Sue out exploring new universes after Secret Wars.
Put Slott & Allred on this book. And make it two books, that are intervowen. One that shows what they explored in the months/years since SW and one that show us the story moving forward.

=$$$

I miss Reed and Sue a LOT. Any FF team, really. The void is palpable.
Yeah, right? I really love Reed and how he always gets into more trouble while he tries to fix the world. Had never thought this a couple of years ago, the F4 where super cheesy to me, but now I love these characters so much, even while I am not considering myself a fan...

Top Bottom