• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Annie Wu did this at Boston Comic Con:
tumblr_nsdg79R8yk1qanptoo1_540.jpg

Hagi

But what do you do with all those books? Sell them? Throw them out? I wish more LCS would take them in trade.

books-thrown.jpg

Personally I'd donate them to a school but some crafty kid would probably steal them and sell them on ebay.

Started reading Nextwave on MU and yoooo this is great, why haven't I read this before?

Started reading Nextwave on MU and yoooo this is great, why haven't I read this before?

The answer to that question is simple, have you read one of the two GOAT comics Planetary or Transmetropolitan? If you haven't, that's probably why you haven't.

Was just curious if anyone draws like him

I'm sure someone must. Considering how many comic artists there are.

Messi, have you been keeping up with Fresh Romance? I loooooove this book.

Nothing makes me want to go full digital like moving. Shit. Boxes full of comics are heavy

I'm going full digital as soon as the iPad Air 3 drops. For now I'm just buying odds and ends that I'm too lazy to run to the shop for, or that are digital-only. Fresh Romance and We Stand on Guard are my two main digital books right now.

Why can't all physical books just be well made OHCs? They make reading and shelves so nice.

Well that just sounds impractical. Especially when the cover of the book ends up being thicker than the material contained within.

Annie Wu did this at Boston Comic Con:

Awesome. :D

That shirt, that hair, that tattoo. It's like an aggregate of every other white dude in Brooklyn.

The blonde is a cutie, tho. That dude reminds me of that nerd from ABC series Revolution.

Hagi

The answer to that question is simple, have you read one of the two GOAT comics Planetary or Transmetropolitan? If you haven't, that's probably why you haven't.

I've read the former not the latter. I really liked Planetary, especially the Batman issue.

I've read the former not the latter. I really liked Planetary, especially the Batman issue.

Now that you mention it... I never got around to reading the Batman issue. It's literally the last thing in the omni and I still have it bookmarked. lol

In all seriousness, I haven't read Nextwave either. Waiting for that collection in September.

Why can't all physical books just be well made OHCs? They make reading and shelves so nice.

...OK, maybe this is a reason for the above not being the case.
I cant tell you which is heavier, a box of tpbs or hcs. You can usually fit more tpbs in abox but hcs are heavy all by themselves...

U leaving Austin? Shit I had all these plans...
Moving in with my folks for about 4-6 months while my wife and I look for a house to buy. Will probably look to buy in the not yet gentrified side of east austin near Decker Lake.

Moving is my least favorite thing.
I've moved like 20+ times and I am 26 ffs. The longest I've stayed in one place is like 3 years.

I have given serious thought to downsizes my collection to #essentials and 2 shortboxes in the next little while yeah
Yeah Im looking at these Mark Millar books and thinking hmm how many of these do I really need?

But what do you do with all those books? Sell them? Throw them out? I wish more LCS would take them in trade.
My LCS actually buys old singles and collections. Not sure about trades/hcs

Hagi

Now that you mention it... I never got around to reading the Batman issue. It's literally the last thing in the omni and I still have it bookmarked. lol

In all seriousness, I haven't read Nextwave either. Waiting for that collection in September.

It's really good. I actually found a copy of it in this haggard comic store that was only open for like 8 months in my town. I'd really love to get Cassiday and Ellis to sign it one day, hopefully one of them is at NYCC next year.

I'll have to look into the Nextwave collection, I think this is something I want to own.

I recently realized how much digital comics have ruined me. At this point, all my physical books are just decoration. If it ain't on my ipad, it's probably not/never going to get read.

It's really good. I actually found a copy of it in this haggard comic store that was only open for like 8 months in my town. I'd really love to get Cassiday and Ellis to sign it one day, hopefully one of them is at NYCC next year.

I'll have to look into the Nextwave collection, I think this is something I want to own.

Yeah, I think I'll read it in a little bit.

I'm going full digital as soon as the iPad Air 3 drops. For now I'm just buying odds and ends that I'm too lazy to run to the shop for, or that are digital-only. Fresh Romance and We Stand on Guard are my two main digital books right now.
If I had an HD tablet I'd probably go digital. I just have an iPad one. It barely works for anything outside of the web browser and comixology.

I dropped Fresh Romance. It is too expensive for what it is imo.
I bought the first issue. Im unsure what to think of it really. I think it would have gone better if it was two stories instead of four. I feel like each story barely gets going before the next one starts. Ill probably cop the rest later, since I've been hoping we get more romance comics.

Romance stories are also so hard to get down. I'd love to do one in the future.

Also, while it may be a bit pricy, I know for sure that the writers and artists are being compensated very fairly, so I dont quite mind the price.

Romance stories are also so hard to get down. I'd love to do one in the future.

Always attributed that to the readers and writers having wildly varying degrees of experience and expectation towards what constitutes a good romance tale.

Whereas with action pretty much 99.9% of the audience has only experienced that via vydyagaemz or sportz so what you tend to get is nearly always some variation of blitzkrieg or overcoming hardship through great effort/cost.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm worried it will disappoint like the first Obama vs Romney debate. Trump, come out swinging please!

Except this is Republicans vs. Republicans, not two presidential nominees. It'll be like a WWE match. No holds barred. They'll come out kicking and clawing at each other. It'll be brilliant.

Top Bottom