• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually debating dropping all image titles. They're great books but this last CMX sale makes me wonder if I should just wait for sales of their books. Even waiting for the 1.99 one month delay I'm still paying 2x what I could.

I probably won't though

#1's of the month

They're Not Like Us
Wasn't that good, a straight forward introduction of characters
literally sitting around a table
. Premise isn't that interesting either, but I really like the art. Probably give it two more issues to see if is worth keeping on the pull list.

Rumble
Art was amazing, I know this was discussed earlier in the thread (his hellboy stuff) but I love the style. Story was alright, staying with the series for now.

Messi

Lol okay. Except that using things like that doesn't exactly work. See, Amazing Spider-Man 2 may have done well in the box office, but it sure as hell didn't when it was released on DVD/Blu Ray. Most people don't want to waste their money on something they know isn't good after already giving it a chance.

We've all dropped books because they weren't good, or we didn't like them. I highly doubt that many people are buying Harley and not enjoying it or looking forward to the next issue. The creative team has been stellar, and have really hit a lot of high points with the book already.

I'm not asking you to like it, but maybe you guys should be more respectful of those of us who do.

This is 100% truth. <3 Cheska

I buy Harley because if I didn't, I'd get the Messi guilt-trip.

I'm kidding. Power Girl arc has been legit amazing. There are a few books I'm looking at dropping, though.

I don't want to have to put you on ignore. Don't force my hand.

This is 100% truth. <3 Cheska

I don't want to have to put you on ignore. Don't force my hand.

I agree! Harley has been consistently good each and every month. I'm sure if it had some prodigy hipster artist on art like David Aja, it would receive the same acclaim. Harley likes keeping a monthly schedule though.

tim1138

With Twitter down I have nowhere to vent about the Bengals shitting the bed on national television again, I don't know what to do.

Messi

With Twitter down I have nowhere to vent about the Bengals shitting the bed on national television again, I don't know what to do.

I just had to watch the Rockets actively play against themselves to lose vs the spurs. Sports suck sometimes. Also it is nearly 3am. I stayed up for this shit.

Zombine

Banned
I just had to watch the Rockets actively play against themselves to lose vs the spurs. Sports suck sometimes. Also it is nearly 3am. I stayed up for this shit.

Lol once again, I'm a Knicks fan. You don't know disappointment until you follow a team that has no D whatsoever. I'm also a Yankees fan. My teams are actively fisting me without any lube on a regular basis.

tim1138

We had a QB, I would confidently say we had a Super Bowl team. With Dalton, im amazed we have made it this far.

At least the suffering will be over soon when he one and dones them in the playoffs again.
Doesn't help the defense is playing like crap tonight too.

Messi

Lol once again, I'm a Knicks fan. You don't know disappointment until you follow a team that has no D whatsoever. I'm also a Yankees fan. My teams are actively fisting me without any lube on a regular basis.

I can't imagine you enjoy watching basketball this year...

Dude, Yankees? You had a decade of good baseball. Try being a Reds fan.

Cade

Given how horribly the JPY is against the US dollar right now, probably about $130 USD. And GSC charges a flat 2,000 JPY shipping rate.

Not anymore. JPY is 0.0083 to 1 USD right now.

I'm behind the times, Freeza. I don't keep up with all the animes or the figurines. Pls forgive.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Lol okay. Except that using things like that doesn't exactly work. See, Amazing Spider-Man 2 may have done well in the box office, but it sure as hell didn't when it was released on DVD/Blu Ray. Most people don't want to waste their money on something they know isn't good after already giving it a chance.

We've all dropped books because they weren't good, or we didn't like them. I highly doubt that many people are buying Harley and not enjoying it or looking forward to the next issue. The creative team has been stellar, and have really hit a lot of high points with the book already.

I'm not asking you to like it, but maybe you guys should be more respectful of those of us who do.

I dropped Harley because Ms Marvel took its place in my lineup of comics. Plus, Rat Queens gives me more than enough hijinks to cover 4-5 comics combined.

Disappointed to see that #1 comic of the year, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, was not on the ballot. Even with the write-in rule I think I'll exclude it from my ballot however, I think it'll be fun to just stick to the lineup we have and see what I can think of. I already know what to vote for the first three slots, but the fourth will be a little trickier (although I think I know what I'm gonna put in). I think I'll write something up for it sometime this week, I don't know how many people will actually read it but it'll be fun to do some wordvomit.

Overall, this was quite the fine year for comic books (I spent a lot of money!). I became a regular poster earlier in the year and it's made the hobby a lot more enjoyable since I'm able to talk about it with you all. This community has always felt very welcoming and I hope any lurkers who eventually sign up pull a Zombine and post here lots. Thanks y'all for being so great.

MG310

Let the hate flow through you Bengals fans.
We'll probably blow it in the 4th and lose to a field goal

Haven't had the chance to do any reading at work so I'm way behind on SiP book club.

tim1138

Let the hate flow through you Bengals fans.
We'll probably blow it in the 4th and lose to a field goal

Haven't had the chance to do any reading at work so I'm way behind on SiP book club.

Primetime Andy ain't coming back on anyone, he's probably got another 2 or 3 picks in him.

Zombine

Banned
I don't vote guys. I'll admit that shit. It's because I just enjoy what I enjoy, and I prefer to sit back and watch everything unravel. Velvet didn't make it on there and I ain't even mad.

I'm gonna hold my own voting process right now. Every book you guys enjoyed this year? They're all number 1 on my list. Everybody won.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo fuck this fucking clown

What the fuck at that ending, came outta nowhere. Bye Grill Bro :(

Zombine

Banned
Yesss. Space: Punisher really deserved this victory.

Because Space Punisher landed the #1 spot on Zombine's Best Books of 2014 list, here is a pic of Darkseid sitting:

20101222-1.png

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Because Space Punisher landed the #1 spot on Zombine's Best Books of 2014 list, here is a pic of Darkseid sitting:

20101222-1.png

Coincidentally, that picture of Darkseid sitting on a couch landed the #1 spot on Kipp's Hot 100 Men of 2014.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
This reminded me, what happened to that Kipp/Rafa comic that was going to save? destroy? the comics industry?

Long story short, I didn't have what it takes to be a comics superstar.
My apologies to Rafa. His ideas were genuinely brilliant.
If I remember tomorrow, I'll post the finished first page and rough second page since at this point I don't really plan to finish it.
But yeah, drawing comics is very, very tedious, hard work and I didn't have it in me.

...the fuck. there actually exists a space punisher run? God damn it, now i have tonread that thing.

Yes you do.

Long story short, I didn't have what it takes to be a comics superstar.
My apologies to Rafa. His ideas were genuinely brilliant.
If I remember tomorrow, I'll post the finished first page and rough second page since at this point I don't really plan to finish it.
But yeah, drawing comics is very, very tedious, hard work and I didn't have it in me.

kipp...

Revenge+of+the+Sith.mp4_snapshot_01.59.58_%5B2013.05.04_13.29.15%5D.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom