• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

Read Rat Queens TPB yesterday and it was funny but not sure I really loved it. I'll probably grab the second volume next year to decide.

Just finished up New X-Men by Grant Morrison and thought it was spectacular. Any recommendations on where to go next in terms of X-Men?

Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedom is the follow-up to the story. And its soooo good.

Listen to this man! Astonishing X-Men is one of my all time favorites.

Time to post the goat panel?

img

I'm going to need someone to explain the Grayson Annual to me. Did I miss something? Does it tie back into the Batman stuff from before? Like, is that the woman from the Two-Face arc or something? I enjoyed it I'm just confused.

trJEP is of questionable age. I need to see some ID for that one.

That is Mena Suvari lol

Old enough to be your Mother.

Surprisingly small folder. Kind of disappointed.

How much is that in American Dollars? That is sweet. But as you say you have to multiply by 4.

Given how horribly the JPY is against the US dollar right now, probably about $130 USD. And GSC charges a flat 2,000 JPY shipping rate.

Yen usually basically converts over evenly, so just move the decimal two places left (e.g. that statue is roughly $160)

Not anymore. JPY is 0.0083 to 1 USD right now.

Owzers

My heart winced when i saw Harley Quinn in the 2014 voting thread. It's worse than watching the Heat win a title, but at least those days are over for now.

Cheska

Oh shit, Cheska handing Stray Bullets the slap. :O

I bought the omnibus, and am very eager to get started on that after Strangers in Paradise, but from a sales perspective, it just doesn't seem to be as popular as Harley has been this year. I'm not saying it's not a good book, but clearly Harley is doing something right if over 50,000 people continue to buy it every month.

Lotta people pay for shit entertainment products in droves all the time, that aint news. You don't nominate Amazing Spider-Man 2 for Best Movie of the Year, tho.

tim1138

That's probably 2nd. Claremont slips into overly wordy at times and it hinders the flow. His internal narration is explaining exactly what the artist is showing but with clutter.

Oh I totally get that, I fully admit a lot of it has to do with Claremont writing my three favorite stories (Dark Phoenix, God Loves Man Kills, and Days of Future Past) and being the X-Men writer I grew up with. Later era Claremont is definitely not as good as vintage Claremont.

So, what makes Harley Quinn so good? Is it a genuinely fun read? Wacky? Is there good drama? Art? What?

Cause if someone told me that a Harley Quinn title was gonna be nominated as COTY, I'd be surprised as hell

I don't know if it would be fair for me to vote. I only read Marvel on-goings, and 6 months late at that.

Lotta people pay for shit entertainment products in droves all the time, that aint news. You don't nominate Amazing Spider-Man 2 for Best Movie of the Year, tho.

Ouch. I want to read Harley Quinn just to see which side of the line I fall on.

Cheska

Lol okay. Except that using things like that doesn't exactly work. See, Amazing Spider-Man 2 may have done well in the box office, but it sure as hell didn't when it was released on DVD/Blu Ray. Most people don't want to waste their money on something they know isn't good after already giving it a chance.

We've all dropped books because they weren't good, or we didn't like them. I highly doubt that many people are buying Harley and not enjoying it or looking forward to the next issue. The creative team has been stellar, and have really hit a lot of high points with the book already.

I'm not asking you to like it, but maybe you guys should be more respectful of those of us who do.

We've all dropped books because they weren't good, or we didn't like them. I highly doubt that many people are buying Harley and not enjoying it or looking forward to the next issue. The creative team has been stellar, and have really hit a lot of high points with the book already.

I buy Harley because if I didn't, I'd get the Messi guilt-trip.

I'm kidding. Power Girl arc has been legit amazing. There are a few books I'm looking at dropping, though.

Messi

So, what makes Harley Quinn so good? Is it a genuinely fun read? Wacky? Is there good drama? Art? What?

Cause if someone told me that a Harley Quinn title was gonna be nominated as COTY, I'd be surprised as hell

Its funny and heartfelt at the best of times, it is really wacky as a Harley book should be. It is something different that 95% of books on the market. The art is great and the fill in/special issues artists have been really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom