• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Catwoman #37: Damn, son.

Omar-Oh-Indeed.gif

Fintan

Just finished Nextwave. Loved it. Perfect mix of artist and writing, Immonen's style suits perfectly. And obviously just incredibly funny.

Will there ever be more Nextwave?

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done with figures and statues!

Brand new Sean G Murphy statue got bumped by a figure as I was moving it and fell and its hand, Batarang, and cuff spikes broke.

I just spent 75 dollars on it yesterday and it was a work of art to me. One little fuck up by me and it just seems like a waste. It's put back together but it looks terrible by my standards. I can't unsee it.

sad_cat-13555.jpg

Owzers

That sucks Korupt :( Gluing things back together can be serviceable....but we know what's been done.

You could always try selling it on ebay describing the damage.

Cheska

I'm done!!!!!!!!!!

Brand new Sean G Murphy statue got bumped by a figure as I was moving it and fell and its hand, Batarang, and cuff spikes broke.

I just spent 75 dollars on it yesterday and it was a work of art to me. One little fuck up by me and it just seems like a waste. It's put back together but it looks terrible by my standards. I can't unsee it.

Oh noooooo!!! This is always my biggest fear with my stuff, which is why I try to put it far and away from my pets. I'll have to keep this in mind though, maybe I'll space my figures out a little more :(

You know what is almost as bad? Learning to paint miniatures for the first time. And sucking really bad at it. I have three models currently sitting in Simple Green, to strip them down, so I can start over.

Bii

You know what is almost as bad? Learning to paint miniatures for the first time. And sucking really bad at it. I have three models currently sitting in Simple Green, to strip them down, so I can start over.

It's why I never got into Warhammer. I see some dudes at my local hobby shops painting with finesse. I tried my hand on a single figure and shit looked like it had melted.

tim1138

I had a friend in college and grad school who was into those miniatures. They look pretty cool when done right.

I'm done!!!!!!!!!!

Oh noooooo!!! This is always my biggest fear with my stuff, which is why I try to put it far and away from my pets. I'll have to keep this in mind though, maybe I'll space my figures out a little more :(

Ya'll need to go to Ikea and get some display cases. You really shouldn't be buying this stuff without them.

I'm going to start a statue glueing service for GAF. I fixed up Rick and you can't even tell the difference.

As long as it isn't a hot gluing service...

Messi

I live in fear of someone clipping my Black and White Harley. Its nowhere near the front of a shelf but I am always nervous. 1st edition is expensive now :/

I am sure it counts for very little here as I talk about it quite often Korupt but Sunstone is my favourite book of the year. It is just delightful. Reviews have been very good too.

Zombine

Banned
What's the verdict on Sunstone?

Ignorant fucks will tell you that it's garbage/creepy/not worth your time.

People like myself who read it will tell you that the art is beautiful, the story is incredibly human and organic, and Stjepan completely nailed BDSM culture and fetishes. It's a brilliant book.

Cheska

Ya'll need to go to Ikea and get some display cases. You really shouldn't be buying this stuff without them.
I have glass cases already, and I honestly don't really like them that much.

So I cleaned up and arranged my shelves before the new year. Set aside space for Jan 2015 orders too.

Love your set up! Especially a certain fine gentleman on the top of the bookcase.

Indeed. The happiest manga ever made

Edit: Oh wow those Nausicaa hardbacks! Where?! Gimmie!
Amazon my friend! They really are a thing of beauty in person.

I have glass cases already, and I honestly don't really like them that much.

You must like dusting, then. If you don't like the enclosed ones, I've heard good things about these. A friend of mine bought a few of them and loves them. Though I would be wary of putting them in a room animals have access to.

Also, OMG, the Cliff Chiang Art of War Wonder Woman comes out next week!? Excite! I thought it wasn't until February, though.

Messi

You must like dusting, then. If you don't like the enclosed ones, I've heard good things about these. A friend of mine bought a few of them and loves them. Though I would be wary of putting them in a room animals have access to.

Also, OMG, the Cliff Chiang Art of War Wonder Woman comes out next week!? Excite! I thought it wasn't until February, though.

Wait...what?

BBTS said 1st quarter 2015

Yotsuba!

My man!

Why do you not own all released volumes of Yotsuba!?

Thought I admit, I've only read up to volume 4. I have to get through the rest one of these days.

Yotsuba is brilliant. If you like it, you should give Barakamon a shot too.

I have volumes 1 through 9 but have read up to 11. Am buying them as I progress through my re-read.

Love your set up! Especially a certain fine gentleman on the top of the bookcase.

That was one of my first figures, I think (not that I have too many).

I have bad luck with my figures too. I broke a leg on the tea table that comes with the Layton figure. Then the head on my Brook figure detached and fell between the wall and my shelf. Chipped the skull in a couple of places.

Cool. It is a great edition.

Messi

Just read all of Sunstone in one sitting. Yeah it's sexual but really a nice story.

MY MAN!

I've been saying it for ages. Its the heart that makes it great. They have such a wonderful relationship

Cheska, that image is not a avatar giftshop. tut tut.

barrin87

Read Rat Queens TPB yesterday and it was funny but not sure I really loved it. I'll probably grab the second volume next year to decide.

Just finished up New X-Men by Grant Morrison and thought it was spectacular. Any recommendations on where to go next in terms of X-Men?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom