• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp - You're currently 3 for 3 when it comes to making me jealous of your avatar. Keep up the good work, friend.

Haha thanks! When I made this new one, I made a couple extra ones that I didn't end up using. Feel free to take one if you'd like!

I'll be totally honest. I actually have no idea who this character is in my avatar. I mean, I know it's some BPRD guy, but that's about it. I just saw him/this image in the Hellboy: First 20 Years book and loved the design.
Mignola is too good.

I'm confused, are we hooking Messi up with Kipp or something?

I don't think Messi would ever go for me. I don't love girly hijinks enough.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Whoops. Forgot to vote. If I did, Deadly Class would have been one of my votes. Alex + Ada would be another and the last would have been Tooth & Claw #1. Also liked Wytches #2, Gotham by Midnight #1, Gotham Academy #2, and Silver Surfer #7.

Dropping Hawkeye vs. Deadpool, All-New Ghost Rider (way too late with dropping this, but whatever), and Death Vigil. Probably going to drop Bob's Burgers after #5 since only the first issue has been entertaining thus far.

Zombine

Banned
Real talk Freeza is my ComicsGAF waifu. In my heart everyone else is on ignore.

raining_david_tennant.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp's Budgeting and Price Responsibility Deposits: Because You Deserve That Omnibus (But You Still Have To Eat)

Haha. I should write that book.

Speaking of my budgeting and silly level of frugality, there's a chance I'll be buying a house in Colorado at the beginning of next year... Really, really hope that this actually happens.

Your heart is taken by Mignola anyways.

I cannot deny it. There would always be that distance between Messi and me because of my feelings for Mignola that just couldn't ever go away.

If I could bring another to my dinner it would be you. Then Kipp, but then I'd have to buy dinner for Kipp. Then it'd be really awkward.

Hahaha. No, no, it's cool. I just won't eat. You guys can eat, I'll just enjoy your company.

Zombine

Banned
Haha. I should write that book.

Speaking of my budgeting and silly level of frugality, there's a chance I'll be buying a house in Colorado at the beginning of next year... Really, really hope that this actually happens.

I cannot deny it. There would always be that distance between Messi and me because of my feelings for Mignola that just couldn't ever go away.

Hahaha. No, no, it's cool. I just won't eat. You guys can eat, I'll just enjoy your company.

Have you read whatever the hell that Hellboyverse book is called? SS Robot Soldier 69 or whatever the fuck? That book is so much fun. I can't remember shit about it, but it's great.

Finshed doom patrol. might be one of the most fun comics run iv ever read. Morrison just threw everything at the wall and it hit. Really liked how the series ended. More comcis should stive to be as fun as this one.

Best part were the characters themselves, all distinct personalities

Checking it out, why does the deluxe edition not have issue five?

Was it an unrelated story?

Yes and no. It covers the events of the first four issues from another perspective.... that of the prison laborers. So it doesn't seem like an essential issue when you're reading the first two arcs as one epic tale.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'll be totally honest. I actually have no idea who this character is in my avatar. I mean, I know it's some BPRD guy, but that's about it. I just saw him/this image in the Hellboy: First 20 Years book and loved the design.
Mignola is too good.

Man, you're in for such a treat when you get to Johann's introduction and the rest of the team. He and Roger are my favorites...

You have like 150+ issues of Mignola magic still to come, not counting Odd Jobs (which are short stories he had little to no direct involvement in).

Oh damn, Nailbiter was really good! The scene with
the blinking lights in the morgue was very well structured
. I hope this series is collected with OHC's.

Cade

This thread has the woooooorst opinions sometimes. Mignola art hate? I can't guys I can't. I can not.

Even his early stuff is gold.

Messi do you know there is a chick with fire powers in Hellboy REAL TALK

Zombine

Banned
This thread has the woooooorst opinions sometimes. Mignola art hate? I can't guys I can't. I can not.

I love Mignola Art! He draws the best Gothic Blobs in the business.
I actually riff on his art all the time, and he got me into drawing.

Cade

Real talk, though: Mignola draws these horrifying and often gross creatures and makes you care about them. Quite a feat.

Messi

I didn't hate. I just said it does nothing for me. I appreciate that the man has talent.

Can I see a picture of this fire carrying lady?

fauxtrot

Banned
The Hellboy movies are great fun for what they are, but I really wish we'd have gotten an animated series that focused on the unique atmosphere within Mignola's work and an art style similar to his.

The Amazing Screw-On Head pilot is beautiful for those who haven't seen it (and is hilarious to boot), but it never got picked up by Sci-Fy (err, Syfy). It even has an all-star cast! I'd read the one-shot before watching it, though.

Cade

I didn't hate. I just said it does nothing for me. I appreciate that the man has talent.

Can I see a picture of this fire carrying lady?

Hater :(

Also Zombine sniped me before I could even Google. He's got the fire ladies on tap, yo

Dragon Age? I didn't think people were still talking about that.

I'M 52 GODDAMN HOURS INTO THIS GAME AND STILL HAVE THREE LOCATIONS I HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED YET! I would almost say that this game might be too long. But I won't mind if the new Mass Effect game ends up being this long. Needs fewer Ubisoft quests, though.

Zombine

Banned
I'M 52 GODDAMN HOURS INTO THIS GAME AND STILL HAVE THREE LOCATIONS I HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED YET! I would almost say that this game might be too long. But I won't mind if the new Mass Effect game ends up being this long. Needs fewer Ubisoft quests, though.

My brother, who has played the Mass Effect games a combined total of 27 times, and someone who has played DA:O 21 times is starting to feel the fatigue of Inquisition and he loves it.

It consumed GH. RIP Inquisitor.

Comixology destroyed my bank account. I ended up getting

Hexed #1
Fight Like a Girl #1 #2
Snowed In
Buffalo Speedway
A Brush With Darkness
Astronaut Dad
Bikini Cowboy Vol.1
Blastosaurus Vol. 1
Bugged Vol. 1
Fade Out: Painless Suicide
Flutter Vol. 1
Holiday Funeral
Kinds Of Blue Vol. 1
Kit Kaleidoscope
Musashi
Nathan Sorry Vol 1 and Vol 2
Papa
Snow
Strange Someone
The Package
The Trails of Francis Bear
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange : The Oath
Dr Strange Season One
Guardians of the Galaxy #1-#12

Messi

I think I'm about ready to move out of the creator.

Cheska

Cheska, we need to talk.

Why are you playing Tales of Xillia 2 instead of Dragon Age? It's like I don't even know who this person is.
LOL! See, I'm learning from you guys how long Dragon Age is. So I spent 10 hours on it, and then decided I should try and wrap up unfinished games first for my GOTY list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom