• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

myfreeza.gif

The_Red_Star_Coverart.jpg

iT'S Available on US PSN and so is the (vita compatible) PSP ver. Both are great and I've had a blast with the PSP ver. too.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Might drop Guardians 3000. I cannot STAND the future slang terms like "whatevermind" and "Maxi-sexist". They just irk me. Not my favorite art style either. I did enjoy the first issue quite a bit though.

Gf has asked a few times if we could drop it so it might be the next on the drop list for us.

well the Steph run by Brian Q Miller is great 'cause it's charming and legit fun. It wraps up pretty well too despite the looming New 52 and it's one of my favorite teen cape books from the last few years. Give the first few issues a shot, I have opinions you can trust. Also, especially towards the middle/later of the run, there are some great girly hijinx issues, like the team-up issue with Supergirl. It might be my fav issue of the run.

damn now i wanna reread it

Alright you got me, I'll definitely check it out this week.

fauxtrot

Banned
Wait... Does that say "Hellboy Coasters"? Do Hellboy coasters exist!? I need these.

I didn't do a whole lot of searching, but you can see them all here:

https://www.darkhorse.com/Products/13-252/Hellboy-Art-Coaster-Set

They're literally ten years old now, so I'd imagine eBay is where you'd find them and who knows for how much. There's another set with the actors on them, so don't make the mistake of buying those if you see a listing without pictures.

The Shutter trade came out? Man, I've been asleep. Waiting for DHC anyway. Best approach for all Image books.

I picked up the floppies of Shutter #1 - #6 for about $5 and it was well worth twice that. Being friends with the owner of my LCS has its perks.

edit - Guys. GUYS! I just caught up on The Walking Dead #130 - 135 and holy shit... I wasn't very satisfied with the All Out War arc, partly due to my own hype, but I'm willing to put my reputation on the line by saying this book is as good as it's ever been right now. If things keep going the way they are, we just might have another Prison-caliber story on our hands. I don't care of it's en vogue to shit on Kirkman these days, this man is doing the lord's work. One reveal in particular put the horror back into this horror-esque comic. Some of you know what I'm talking about. If you're a lapsed reader, I urge you to give it another shot.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Pretty light week for me thankfully (not that I don't appreciate getting good comics when they come, I just like them spread out rather than 20 in one week)

Chew #45
Deadpool #38
Detective Comics #37
Gotham Academy #3
Grayson #5
Low #5

Mindwipe

Yeah I agree; personally ended up picking up a lot of Avengers vs. X-Men stuff but I also wanted a lot of the Valiant stuff. Only reason I passed is I haven't read all of the Valiant stuff I picked up in their Humble Bundle.

I bought a few follow up volumes. But yeah, I have a stack of Humble Bundle stuff still to read.

For what it's worth, XO Manowar starts crossing over with some of the other Humble Bundle volumes pretty heavily in volume 5 (especially Unity), so it's worth bearing that in mind in the reading order, because it sure as hell doesn't say in the trades themselves.

I like how the poll doesn't even remotely reflect market reality. Valiant is less than a percent of the market share but 20% of that vote.

Owzers

I like how the poll doesn't even remotely reflect market reality. Valiant is less than a percent of the market share but 20% of that vote.

Thankless DC addicts.....who don't vote on cbr polls while they inject their next weekly.

I read a few more issues of Manhattan Projects, up to 17, before deciding on whether or not to get the OHC. I think the books lost some steam but I still like it. I wish it would have gone on a different direction than where it is, right now the story seems as confined
as the characters are. After wiping out the alien race they teleported in on, they divided the team up into projects that are never fully realized through the course of the issues alongside advancing the Oppenheimer civil war and then locking everyone up, the book feels small now.

Thankless DC addicts.....who don't vote on cbr polls while they inject their next weekly.

Or Evangelical Image / Valiant Hipsters poll inflating.

Real poll name: Which publisher do you really want other people to know you like reading rather than the ones you actually read.

Yeah I said Hipsters. Deal with it.

Owzers

Or Evangelical Image / Valiant Hipsters poll inflating.

Real poll name: Which publisher do you really want other people to know you like reading rather than the ones you actually read.

Yeah I said Hipsters. Deal with it.

Hmmmmmmmm I read more Marvel than anything, but i'm more thankful for Image. The poll wasn't " Which publisher do you buy most comics from" and people just lie about it. It's still just a poll though, it's like when Wii U win's a poll on something.

Hmmmmmmmm I read more Marvel than anything, but i'm more thankful for Image. The poll wasn't " Which publisher do you buy most comics from" and people just lie about it. It's still just a poll though, it's like when Wii U win's a poll on something.

You'd just expect their numbers to be higher if they are garnering this much weight in a poll like that. Suggests a vocal minority.

Zenescope

I look forward to your top ten Zenoscope cleavage shots of 2014

CBTech

Considering jumping on that comoxoligy sale of Catwoman. From what I remember you all mentioning I should avoid the issues by Nocenti, but the issues before that run are fine or at least has good art. Does that sound right?

Messi

Considering jumping on that comoxoligy sale of Catwoman. From what I remember you all mentioning I should avoid the issues by Nocenti, but the issues before that run are fine or at least has good art. Does that sound right?

Art is good/sexual pre Nocenti but they story ain't worth much. I'd avoid it. Just get Brubakers run.

Yeah, the Winick issues are painful, so avoid all the Catwoman in the sale. All of it. Just burn it all and, instead, get Detective #854-860 and JH William's Batwoman (#0-24), and the Bryan Q Miller Batgirl run. And then spit into that Catwoman fire for DC prematurely ending both those runs.

Just read Madman In Your Face 3D special.
Holy balls that was an amazing ride. Has to be the coolest book I've read.
So well done. I'd suggest everyone to check it out,, was super fun and entertaining.

Also I was going through a big stack of random floppies I never read.
I read How I Made The World. It was pretty damn good, really enjoy these type of books. Black and white smaller publisher, "life story" type of book. Pretty good.

You'd just expect their numbers to be higher if they are garnering this much weight in a poll like that. Suggests a vocal minority

I'm pretty sure their trades sell really well. Image is certainly bigger than before. I don't know why marvel/dc don't get into the creator owned comics realm more though. Obviously Vertigo was big for a while but DC has changed their focus while Marvel has Icon basically doing nothing. If they wanted, I think they could take a huge slice of the Image pie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom