• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

It is related. The cover of Issue #4 shows Hulk, Wolverine, and Silk all attacking Ghost Rider. I imagine the cover is deceptive but they're all still fighting that purple monster, so this arc is only just beginning.

Oh my god please STOP trying to recreate the magic of the New Fantastic Four. Even Rick Remender barely pulled it off. You ain't stand a chance.

Owzers

2016 is the year Sillymonkey

First Trump winning, now Overwatch

When will his reign of terror end!
If Roman Reigns can get another title run...

Vol 1 trade roundup

More please:

Shutter

I would read more but might not actually buy more:

Rumble
Autumnlands
Birthright
Nailbiter

No...leave me alone:

Wytches

Just watched one of the best arcs I've seen in awhile in a television show with Person of Interest. Time to read comics and go sleepies
why is his right forearm so tiny
It's not. Just at a forward angle
Like. Maybe try making something so cool people will want to recreate IT in 25 years.
Hence why I said someone needs to do an X-book with all the names picked out of a fucking hat

Tizoc

Riiiiight so Revolution's last issue just released and the only tie in issue left is the MTMTE one that's releasing next week. I think it is ridiculous that a tie-in issue would release after the main book ends @_@

Okay, that makes sense, they're still playing the Ms. Marvel playbook while their rivals changed the playbook and are currently winning.

And enough of the Marvel is killing the X-Men OTs in the Discussion thread, ugh, enough.

See I've got 4 responses to Marvel's attitude towards the X-Men.
I'll post them once PSX '16 ends and we get to see the trailer and it confirms what we've learned so far about it.

2016 is the year Sillymonkey

First Trump winning, now Overwatch

When will his reign of terror end!

MFRnUCK.png

When indeed?

arkon

..../ )
.....' /
---' (_____
......... ((__)
..... _ ((___)
....... -'((__)
--.___((_)

Are you buying the single volumes or the box sets?

(Also kind of annoyed that the Christmas box set turned out to be a "double-dip").
Yeah. That was annoying. I wasn't even sure if the slipcases were going to be a regular thing for the Barks stuff. They don't seem to be handling it like the Rosa stuff which I think is the better way to do it. Release two single volumes a year and when the second volume is out release the slipcased set of the two.

So now I've got to decide if I want to go with the slipcased editions and be double dipping on some like that bloody christmas set.

Teen Titans #1&2
So this was pretty decent. Very clichéd, but I'm willing to forgive it for how enjoyable the Damien stuff is. The rest seems very forced and secondary, and honestly right now the only two members that interest me are Damien and Kid Flash. For the most part there's a lot of really forced dialogue and character psychology all in one, and I'm not feeling it. I'll give it one more issue and after that I'm either in or out.

Titans #5
A weird combination of intense and dull. Like, the entire
race across the country was intense. Like not knowing what'll happen, and being in Wally's head as he did Speed Force shit was all good. However, at the same time I was like, "we get it. Now fucking do it already."
So as much as I'm enjoying this book, I'm starting to cool on it.

Nightwing #9
While I felt this issue was a bit cheesy and I wasn't digging the art
(also why is Harley on his list of friends?)

WE FUCKING BACK BAYBEEEEE

WE DID IT FAM. WE DID IT.

Superman coming in to convince Dick that he's the fucking best? 10/10 would read again.

Nightwing #9
While I felt this issue was a bit cheesy and I wasn't digging the art
(also why is Harley on his list of friends?)

WE FUCKING BACK BAYBEEEEE

WE DID IT FAM. WE DID IT.

Superman coming in to convince Dick that he's the fucking best? 10/10 would read again.
IIRC they met during the Grayson Annual. She stole a kiss from him.

Yeah. That was annoying. I wasn't even sure if the slipcases were going to be a regular thing for the Barks stuff. They don't seem to be handling it like the Rosa stuff which I think is the better way to do it. Release two single volumes a year and when the second volume is out release the slipcased set of the two.

So now I've got to decide if I want to go with the slipcased editions and be double dipping on some like that bloody christmas set.

Dont you think all Barks will come out in Boxes too? Because I am waiting for them. Should I buy the rest of them separately or wait? Don't want to have a incomplete collection. And yes this double dipping has to stop, that's not the way to do it.

Edit: So this editions are missing: The pixilated parrot (2015), Terror of the Beagle Boys (2016), Trick or Treat (2015), The Ghost sheriff of last gasp (2016)

arkon

Dont you think all Barks will come out in Boxes too? Because I am waiting for them. Should I buy the rest of them separately or wait? Don't want to have a incomplete collection. And yes this double dipping has to stop, that's not the way to do it.
I don't know if we've had official word on it but signs do point to them doing it all in boxes hence the double dip problem. The christmas box seems to be the odd one out in that sense. I'll have to check my box at home to be sure but IIRC the package design and dress is different. Maybe why they decided to repackage those books in other more uniform box sets.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Titans #5
A weird combination of intense and dull. Like, the entire
race across the country was intense. Like not knowing what'll happen, and being in Wally's head as he did Speed Force shit was all good. However, at the same time I was like, "we get it. Now fucking do it already."
So as much as I'm enjoying this book, I'm starting to cool on it.

Yep, I'm very close to dropping it.

I don't know if we've had official word on it but signs do point to them doing it all in boxes hence the double dip problem. The christmas box seems to be the odd one out in that sense. I'll have to check my box at home to be sure but IIRC the package design and dress is different. Maybe why they decided to repackage those books in other more uniform box sets.

Yes it's diffrent, the whole boxsets with the current design started at 2014 for Rosa and Barks, so you could be right. Maybe the christmas set was to test the markets if there is a demand.

mreddie

Best Book
Trash Ass Book
Vailant Book of the Year
Best IDW Book of the Year that isn't Revolution
Rebirth of the Year
ANAD of the Year
Best Statue of the Year
Olivia Wilde of the Year
Worst Tweet of the Year
Best Art
Greg Land Art of the Year (Worst Art)
Best Adaptation
Forced Push of the Year aka the YAS QUEEN

Tizoc

So yeah GL Avengers #2 was good, some nice humor in there too, and the art is good.

Sonic #289 only adapted up until
Sonic vs. Egg Gundam
, but was a decent issue otherwise.

Best Book
Transformers: More than meets the eye

Best IDW Book of the Year that isn't Revolution

Rebirth of the Year
Eh Superman I guess
ANAD of the Year
Great Lakes Avengers
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Best Adaptation
Sonic the Hedgehog 288-289

ElNarez

Banned
-Most Shocking Disparity Between Two Works By A Same Creator
-The Veal Tartare Award For Books Sent To Die An Early Death And Done Raw
-Gayest Comic
-Most Mealy-Mouthed, Cowardly, Or Generally Deceitful Motherfucker In This God Damn Industry
-Best Personal Redemption
-The Ray Smuckles Award For Comic That Most Rewards Paying Attention

that's mine so far, I have some ideas for nominees in each category, good times

MartyStu

Best Passable Rebirth Book We're All Overrating Because It Replaced Characterization with Iconography
Marvel Outreach Award for LGBTQ Acceptance
The 'Tec Award for Largest Quality Drop Off In a Series
The Terrigen Mist Award for the Most Damage Done to the X-Men Brand
The Chip Zdarsky Award for Best Twitter Exchange
The Brian Michael Bendis Award for the Longest, Least Consequential Event
The Inhuman Deportation Force Award
Douchiest CEO to Donate Money to Donald Trump Award
Southern Bastards Award for Best Representation of a Typical Trump Voter
The Harley Quinn Award for Worst Comic Character
The Gerard Way Award for Pseudo-Intellectual Masturbation
Shittiest Publisher Award--Just Kidding, It's Valiant
The Tom King Award for Character Development (aka The Vision)
The Tom King Award for Character Regression (aka The Batman)
The Watchmen Award for Outstanding Achievement in Fucking Over a Creator
The Brian K. Vaughan Award for the Best Writer in Comics
The Fiona Staples Award for Best Illustrated Genitalia

I could do this all night...

Whoa.

What happened to 'tec? Has the drop in quality been that severe?
What did King do to Batman?
What is the passable book?

I have not had the time to read anything in the past 4 -5 months and your post has me shook!

Ross61

Whoa.

I have not had the time to read anything in the past 4 -5 months and your post has me shook!
Tec's been consistently great for me.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Whoa.

I wouldn't worry about it. Tragic has been pretty anti-Rebirth from the beginning. I think it stems from his jealousy of Tom King's long and illustrious career in the world of international espionage.

kmfdmpig

Best Book - Omega Men
Trash Ass Book - Justice League
Best IDW Book of the Year that isn't Revolution - MTME
Rebirth of the Year - Superman
ANAD of the Year - Ms. Marvel
Olivia Wilde of the Year - not the blonde version in Messi's avatar, any of the others
Best Art - Wonder Woman
Worst Art - Birds of Prey
Forced Push of the Year - Inhumans

I agree that 'Tec has been great. The last issue was a bit slower, but was still a quality issue. Batman has been a bit hit or miss for me, but Detective has been very good and very consistent.

Tec has been trending downward for me as well. I haven't enjoyed Victim Syndicate too much.

Teen Titans #1&2
So this was pretty decent. Very clichéd, but I'm willing to forgive it for how enjoyable the Damien stuff is. The rest seems very forced and secondary, and honestly right now the only two members that interest me are Damien and Kid Flash. For the most part there's a lot of really forced dialogue and character psychology all in one, and I'm not feeling it. I'll give it one more issue and after that I'm either in or out.

Agreed. Enjoying it well enough but it's nothing special imho.

IIRC they met during the Grayson Annual. She stole a kiss from him.
Aaaaah

Friends though?
Yep, I'm very close to dropping it.
It's sad because I've really liked it. One of my favorites, but it's managing to feel like it's very plodding.
even accounting for perspective, it is way off lol
giphy.gif

Agreed. Enjoying it well enough but it's nothing special imho.
It has good art and everything it's just not all that great storywise. Like, Detective Comics is doing an evil team vs good team arc and it's doing it far better.

Ross61

Aaaaah

Friends though?

It's said because I've reallt liked it. One of my favorites, but it's managing to feel like it's very plodding.

giphy.gif

It has good art and everything it's just not all that great storywise. Like, Detective Comics is doing an evil team vs good team arc and it's doing it far better.

I think they befriended over the course of that annual, or what Dick considers a friend.

VanWinkle

Some notable (for me) things from DC's spring (edit: actually, summer I think) catalog:

-Aquaman by Johns Omnibus
-Kamandi Omnibus
-Adam Strange Silver Age Omnibus
-New Teen Titans Omnibus (New Edition)

-Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-Batman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-Action Comics Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-Superman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-The Flash Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Rebirth Deluxe Edition

-Batgirl: Stephanie Brown Vol. 1 TPB
-WW by Rucka Vol. 2 TPB (not the Rebirth one)
-WW by Byrne Vol. 1 TPB
-Legion Lost: The Complete Saga TPB
-Midnighter: The Complete Wildstorm Series TPB

Some notable (for me) things from DC's spring catalog:

-Aquaman by Johns Omnibus
-Kamandi Omnibus
-Adam Strange Silver Age Omnibus
-New Teen Titans Omnibus (New Edition)

-Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-Batman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-Action Comics Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-Superman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-The Flash Rebirth Deluxe Edition
-Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Rebirth Deluxe Edition

-Batgirl: Stephanie Brown Vol. 1 TPB
-WW by Rucka Vol. 2 TPB (not the Rebirth one)
-WW by Byrne Vol. 1 TPB
-Legion Lost: The Complete Sage TPB
-Midnighter: The Complete Wildstorm Series TPB

Don't sleep on the Silver Age Doom Patrol omnibus. It's great comics.

The only character on the original Weapon X teaser that is actually on the team is Sabretooth ;p

Uuuuuugh man...I love Pak but I'm not overly fond of the lineup or the premise. And I don't know if I can do another round of Land.

Top Bottom