• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

ElNarez

Banned
okay but really you guys

shot
9ZmFes1.png

chaser
GEFpQzv.png

I've seen some more recent artwork from Land and I actually thought that was okay. Not amazing but not horrible either. And it's not surprising to see him in another X-book, totally eXpected (SORRY).

Weapon-X might be good :^)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How's that pull?

Increased by 0 books?

My pull list? Yeah I've added nothing to it

X-Men doesn't interest me, same with Iceman and Jean. Also the same with Weapon X.

I'll try Black Bolt but I'm not exactly hyped. I'm sure they'll fuck up Cable too.

Forever the optimist.

mreddie

My pull list? Yeah I've added nothing to it

X-Men doesn't interest me, same with Iceman and Jean. Also the same with Weapon X.

I'll try Black Bolt but I'm not exactly hyped. I'm sure they'll fuck up Cable too.

Forever the optimist.

We need a update on pull lists, sadly, I dropped some DC books and picked up...a Archie book...DON'T LOOK AT ME, IT'S HIDEOUS!

We need a update on pull lists, sadly, I dropped some DC books and picked up...a Archie book...DON'T LOOK AT ME, IT'S HIDEOUS!

I don't even keep track of a pull list, I just go down the new CMX releases every week and pick out what I want while trying to keep it under X number of dollars.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Event books or mini series aren't on here but atm

MARVEL
All New Wolverine 15
Amazing Spider-Man 22
Avengers 02
Captain America Sam Wilson 16
Captain America Steve Rogers 08
Champions 03
Daredevil 14
Doctor Strange 15
Extraordinary X-Men 16
Guardians of the Galaxy 15
Infamous Iron Man 03
Invincible Iron Man 02
Karnak 06
Old Man Logan 15
Silver Surfer 07
Spider-Man 10
Star Wars 26
Thanos 02
The Mighty Thor 14
Uncanny Avengers 17
Ultimates2 02

DC Comics
All Star Batman 05
Batman 12
Detective Comics 946
Green Arrow 12
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 10
Justice League 10
Midnighter and Apollo 03
New Super-Man 06
Nightwing 10
Suicide Squad 07
Superman 12
Trinity 04
Titans 06
Wonder Woman 12

Independent Comics
Invincible 132
James Bond 12
Judge Dredd 13
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers 10
Monstress 09
Paper Girls 11
Saga 41
Seven to Eternity 04
Sex Criminals 16
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 38
Walking Dead 161

Sandfox

There were articles on the comic news sites yesterday saying they might announce more titles than were originally teased. We'll see I guess.

Where did you see this?

I thought his Cable and X-Force was fine at the time, but I honestly don't remember a single thing about it now, but his All New X-Men was pretty much completely unreadable. I had to drop that pretty quickly.
AN X-Men has gotten better and IMO his other work has been good.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
My attempts to get into Hearthstone are going horribly.

I feel like I'm the very first Pokemon trainer they run into, and all I've got is a level 2 Pidgey and they've got a level 7 Squirtle.

Where did you see this?

Bleeding Cool posted a speculative article based solely on Sana Amanat saying "We've announced some of those titles, I think" about the upcoming X-Men and Inhumans launches.

There could be more, but it seems a lot more like Bleeding Cool manufacturing a story based off an off-handed remark from an editor from outside the line being unsure what had even been revealed so far. But it gets the clicks.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Bleeding Cool posted a speculative article based solely on Sana Amanat saying "We've announced some of those titles, I think" about the upcoming X-Men and Inhumans launches.

There could be more, but it seems a lot more like Bleeding Cool manufacturing a story based off an off-handed remark from an editor from outside the line being unsure what had even been revealed so far. But it gets the clicks.

Yeah that's the one.

I was just looking at my pull list yesterday actually. Doesn't including upcoming titles, just stuff I'm pulling right now. Includes events and minis and a couple of things on long hiatus (like Copperhead), but not recently finished titles (like New Avengers).

Marvel: 43
DC: 14 (19 total)
(Young Animal: 4)
(Vertigo: 1)
Image: 25
Abstract: 1
Aftershock: 2
Albatross: 1
Boom!: 2
Black Mask: 2
Dark Horse: 1
IDW: 3
Kaboom!: 1

Certainly pulling more than I was this time last year, thanks largely to DC's vastly improved line and an incredibly strong year for Image and other indies. My Marvel pull list hasn't changed in size much.

My attempts to get into Hearthstone are going horribly.

I feel like I'm the very first Pokemon trainer they run into, and all I've got is a level 2 Pidgey and they've got a level 7 Squirtle.

Sounds like Hearthstone!

TheFlow

Banned
Just looking at that weapon at cover is already a nope for me. Of course they put warpath on that book instead doing another x-force.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Image:
Autumnlands
Birthright
Black Magick
The Black Monday Murders
Black Road
Black Science
Chew
Copperhead
Deadly Class
Drifter
East of West
The Fix
Horizon
I Hate Fairyland
Injection
Kill or Be Killed
Lazarus
Manifest Destiny
Monstress
Motor Crush
Nailbiter
Paper Girls
Revival
Rumble
Saga
Shutter
Southern Bastards
Spread
Violent Love
The Walking Dead
Wayward
The Wicked + The Divine

Aftershock:
Animosity

Recently cut Switch due to inactivity, Cry Havoc cuz it seems dead, and Black Hammer cuz Cyclops jobbed to a cloud.

Avengers
Champions
Infamous Iron Man
Invincible Iron Man
MASK: Mobile Armoured Strike Kommand
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Pink
The Mighty Thor
Optimus Prime (when it starts)
Pathfinder: Worldscape
Transformers: More than Meets the Eye/Lost Light
Transformers: 'Till All Are One
The Unworthy Thor

So that'd break down as:
Marvel: 6
IDW: 4
Boom: 2
Dynamite: 1

That's about it these days. After Christmas when money frees up a bit more I might start picking up some more books. But right now, I just want comfort food for my brain and these books have that. I found having a longer pull list kinda pointless, it was €40-50 a week of stuff I was buying out of obligation. I think I prefer to buy comics as I want to read them.

Sandfox

I was just looking at my pull list yesterday actually. Doesn't including upcoming titles, just stuff I'm pulling right now. Includes events and minis and a couple of things on long hiatus (like Copperhead), but not recently finished titles (like New Avengers).

Marvel: 43
DC: 14 (19 total)
(Young Animal: 4)
(Vertigo: 1)
Image: 25
Abstract: 1
Aftershock: 2
Albatross: 1
Boom!: 2
Black Mask: 2
Dark Horse: 1
IDW: 3
Kaboom!: 1

Certainly pulling more than I was this time last year, thanks largely to DC's vastly improved line and an incredibly strong year for Image and other indies. My Marvel pull list hasn't changed in size much.

Sounds like Hearthstone!

Mine would be:

Marvel: 27
DC: 2
Image: 4
Dark horse: 1
Archie: 1

I'm probably forgetting some stuff though.
Just looking at that weapon at cover is already a nope for me. Of course they put warpath on that book instead doing another x-force.
Weapon X is basically X-Force in all but name.

My list off the top of my head:

DC:
Detective Comics
Batman Beyond
Action Comics
Superman
Supergirl
New Superman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Titans
Teen Titans
Deathstroke
Raven
Doom Patrol
Mother Panic

Once they start: Batwoman, Super Sons, The Kamandi Challenge, The Wild Storm

Marvel:
Uncanny X-Men
Extraordinary X-Men
Spider-Man 2099
Ms. Marvel
Daredevil
Sam Wilson Captain America
Steve Rogers Captain America
Totally Awesome Hulk
Black Panther
Black Panther: World of Wakanda
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
Moon Knight
Avengers
New Avengers/US Avengers
Champions
Squadron Supreme
Karnak
Thanos

IDW:
Transformers Lost Light
Transformers Till All Are One
Optimus Prime
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe
GI Joe

Image:
Saga
Paper Girls
Lazarus
East of West
Kill or be Killed
Descender
The Wicked and the Divine
Throwaways

Whenever they come out again:
Trees
The Manhattan Projects
Black Magick
The Dying and the Dead (lol)

Once they launch: Frontier, The Old Guard

Valiant:
Ninjak
A&A
Harbinger Renegade
Faith
Generation Zero
Divinity III + all one shots
Bloodshot USA
Wrath of the Eternal Warrior
Britania

Dark Horse:
Black Hammer

Probably forgot a couple of books, but that should be most of what I'm currently getting. Will probably wind up grabbing some more stuff off the walls that look interesting to see if I'll stick with them.

"A killer."

That's rich coming from you, Barton.

Bendis obsession with always putting Clint and Logan forward as the "killers" of the Avengers that are the only ones willing to kill the villains while the others say "No way we'll do that" is really something I've noticed in his older works. I really wonder how many writers took inspiration from his interpretation of him instead of the older "You killed someone? I can't be close to you".

Bendis obsession with always putting Clint and Logan forward as the "killers" of the Avengers that are the only ones willing to kill the villains while the others say "No way we'll do that" is really something I've noticed in his older works. I really wonder how many writers took inspiration from his interpretation of him instead of the older "You killed someone? I can't be close to you".

I explained away the Dark Reign stuff as him coming back from the dead slightly wrong. Of course, the revelation that the Wanda he met in New Avengers wasn't the real one kinda screwed that up for me.

The current stuff....I just file it away in a dark corner and hope it never comes up. Don't think I'll be picking up Occupy Avengers (what a shite name) at all.

Number of books I follow by publisher, by collection, tends to hover around

20-25 image books
10 DC, and a vertigo or two
5 marvel
However many ongoing we would agree the various mignola series of mini series constitute

The numbers tend to flux as books begin or end but I've noticed this is the natural order of things for me. I think with Image and Dark Horse I'm happy to let those numbers go up as they like, whereas I'll try stick to the marvel and dc numbers, to keep room in my wallet for if Image or DH go into overdrive with good books for awhile.

I'm no expert, but how is it not?

I think it is. It's just closer to the original X-Force than the newer iterations. It even features two of the members of the original team (Domino and Warpath), and hunting down anti-mutant terrorists was kinda their thing. Its not really a stretch from there to hunting down anti-mutant shadow programs.

Right now my ongoings are:

Marvel:
Squirrel Girl
Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
Black Widow

DC:
Batman
Wonder Woman
Superman
Supergirl
The Flintstones
Doom Patrol
Shade
Cave Carson
Mother Panic

Image:
Deadly Class
Snotgirl
The Fix
Sex Criminals when it does come out

Dark Horse:
Hellboy and The BPRD 1954
Lady Killer 2

Other:
Motor Girl
Love & Rockets

Could stand to chop more off but I'm enjoying everything so it's kind of hard to really find one to drop. Maybe Batman but I want to see the end of this arc. Some of these go on break or have irregular schedules so they're not really constant presences either.

Dusknoir

My pull list:
DC (17)
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Action Comics
Detective Comics
DeathStroke
All Star Batman
New Superman
Superwoman