• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon, it's obviously going to be Alfred. Or the Joker. Or Alfred AND the Joker.

Really fearing for Damien. He's the one thing higher ups would love to scrap because his existence totally doesn't make sense in the five year span they arbitrarily forced if you think about it for more than one second.

Age of Ultron is alternate-future stuff, right? Like a "what-if?" scenario showing what would have happened to the MU, if they'd gone with this storyline instead of Marvel NOW!?

Really fearing for Damien. He's the one thing higher ups would love to scrap because his existence totally doesn't make sense in the five year span they arbitrarily forced if you think about it for more than one second.
If anything is going to happen to Damien it will be at the hands of Morrison, not Snyder. So the youngest Robin walks out of DotF, only to step into the street and get hit by the Inc. bus he didn't see coming.

kswiston

Wolverine's belt reminds me of D Man.

Looks like Thing has some potholes, and Hulk is either half scarred or half hairy.

I don't think it is possible to scar the Hulk. He's regenerated from a bloody skeleton before. Banner has tried to shoot himself in the head before too, so you can't injure the Hulk by injuring Banner either.

However, plot devices...

C'mon, it's obviously going to be Alfred. Or the Joker. Or Alfred AND the Joker.

In a perfect world Joker would kill Alfred-->Batman kills Joker---> Bruce becomes Alfred to Dick's Batman.

It's going to be Robin :(

Did you read all of the Bat's Zero issues?

But he Didn't want to be just Robin anymore. it worked, especially after trying to take over for Bruce until Dick changed his mind

And the lack of those two "points" is jarring to me.

Atlantean Power Girl NEVER HAPPENED. Do you understand? NEVER.

yea..andSupergirl rocked the headband better

Bros I will legit cry if Tim dies next week.

man I'm expecting it'll just end up as some joke with Joker laughing all over himself or something since everyone is freaking out....or maybe I'm hoping lol

kswiston

What would be the point of killing Damien other than to return Batman to his childless status quo? If Damien messes up their stupid New 52 timeline, DC should have wrote him out of the books, or adjusted their timeline appropriately. Too late to fix that now.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
In a perfect world Joker would kill Alfred-->Batman kills Joker---> Bruce becomes Alfred to Dick's Batman.

Did you read all of the Bat's Zero issues?

I did not actually. I'm just reading Batman, most of B&R, some of the Nightwing crossover issues and missed all zero issues for some reason. Read all of Inc pre-new 52, so I'm not really up to speed on what Morrison is doing with the character now.

Nah superman would killer the joker.

Right injustice bros!

Also all this red room talk reminds me that Advnture Comics was the best thing johns has written

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Knowing Didio and Johns, there gonna kill drake and damian and Dick Grayson goes back to being robin

That's my fear basically. Damian could very well escape DotF but it'd only takes one exec in DC's currently chaotic workplace to go "this son shit and the infinite Robins thing is too complicated for new readers, we should go back to basics".

If Tim dies can Disney/Marvel please buy the rights to his character:

tumblr_lhaq6jHxGo1qhxx6do1_500.jpg

Comics sure were alot better when I was a kid

kswiston

That's my fear basically. Damian could very well escape DotF but it'd only takes one exec in DC's currently chaotic workplace to go "this son shit and the infinite Robins thing is too complicated for new readers, we should go back to basics".

Which is stupid. New readers are not brain dead. Dick has been Nightwing for almost 30 years. I think all of us here started reading comics after that point (unless anyone else is in TTOB's age bracket and started reading comics in the late 70s/early 80s), and all of us were able to figure out that the Robin from the movies, cartoons, and tv show is now Nightwing in the comic.

akira28

Sashes are cool. It's the Ms Marvel haircut that sucks hardcore.

And no way do they let Tim die and Jason live. If that happens, Dan and Jim might find their bathroom items replaced with Joker products.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Nightwing has been around forever, he was in Young Justice and Batman: TAS so there's no need to put him back. Red Robin however I could see an argument for.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Nightwing has been around forever, he was in Young Justice and Batman: TAS so there's no need to put him back. Red Robin however I could see an argument for.

Nightwing's safe but they still didn't let him stay Batman in the new continuity, everyone else I'm not so sure about. May be too pessimistic, but it's fueled by every report I read about DC's current dealings with the musical chairs for creators and editorial asking writers to change entire arcs abruptly.

Which brings up one of the few problems I had with that era of Bat-comics, good though they were... I've always thought it was established that Dick never wanted to be Batman, and that Bruce never wanted for him to become Batman either. I get that Dick saw the need for a Batman in Bruce's absence, and so took up the mantle lest it fall to the likes of Jason or worse; really, I do. But even though he (as Alfred suggested) tried to "make the role his own," it was still a role being played, and he would have chafed in it eventually or been forced to sacrifice part of himself, his individuality, to carry a dead man's heavy burdens. Being Batman would have broken him, no question in my mind.

And Bruce? Historically, Bruce was viewed as proud that Dick had stepped out and become his own man, that he'd been true to himself even when it meant breaking up the band by going solo. Bruce knew that was going to happen, too; that eventually, Dick's personality would get him over his parents' loss and lead him to revolt against ending up like Bruce. So the last thing I think Bruce would want for Dick would be for him to take up the mantle of the Bat, if that meant sacrificing even a fraction of the happiness he'd found through his independence. He wouldn't want to inflict that upon any of his sons, but especially Dick because of who he is.

Johns is gonna leave GL and take over Shazam. Please. Please.

I hope so. He really pissed me off because Rebirth was soooo amazing but the ongoing series was just so lame and went in directions that I didn't like (Sinestro Corps and Blackest Knight had its moments though). I wanted more traditional stories of Hal and the Corps kicking ass fighting Evil Star, Qward, Hector Hammond, etc. and not Space Power Rangers.

Dick Grayson as Batman and Damian Wayne as Robin will never be TOPPED. DC needs to stop trying to force a a 1930s status quo down our throats. Leave that for the movies and cartoons.

Brahs please, it's obvious at this point, that the huge twist is, that Alfred is going to become the new Joker.

If Tim dies can Disney/Marvel please buy the rights to his character:

Comics sure were alot better when I was a kid

I've been seeing references to that crossover for some time now, but I've never read it. What's it called?

that was the scene leading to their fight? i thought that was the merging of the worlds in the other?

DC vs. Marvel came out in the 90s when I was growing up. JLA/Avengers was a miniseries Kurt Busiek made in 2004 I read that as well but it was nowhere near as good as DC vs. Marvel.

While on the subject, this scene is BULLSHIT

207846dz.jpg

that ciggie belongs to Lobo!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
DC vs. Marvel came out in the 90s when I was growing up. JLA/Avengers was a miniseries Kurt Busiek made in 2004 I read that as well but it was nowhere near as good as DC vs. Marvel.

While on the subject, this scene is BULLSHIT

207846dz.jpg

that ciggie belongs to Lobo!

nowhere as good as dc vs marvel? are you serious? the best thing to come from dc vs marvel was amalgam

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You think jla/avengers was better than DC vs. Marvel? J/A was a friggin snoozefest there was like no action and it had a plot that makes old star trek movies sound exciting

at least there was a story there rather than random character matchups combined with fan voted efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom