• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sorry, he's just a wannabe Ramos. Shitty, exaggerated anatomy and terrible faces. Comics doesn't need one Ramos, let alone two. If that guy gets a promotion to a better book thanks to that Captain Marvel shit I'm fucking out.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
lmao people complain about liefields art but THIS stuff gets a free pass:

CaptainMarvel_10_Preview12.jpg

Better than liefield.

But even i dont give this artwork a "free" pass.....as much as i love Captain Marvel im not feeling this artwork too much, its down to my love of the book as whole that i let this slide.
Else, it doesnt have tthe same level of "dynamic art" that other artists pull off.

Im actually waiting for a new artist to take over Captain Marvel so i can love everything whole heartedly.

So glad I quit that shit. Yuck.

Ed: and no, that doesn't get a free pass. Comic GAF been bitching about that bro since he took over that book. Emma Rios is the only good artist that touched Capt Marvel IMO.

Hey, now! I loved Soy's art.

Just didn't fit the tone of the book. Can't wait to see him somewhere else.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The picture is fine except for the full body shot of Carol...so, maybe it's not fine.

That pose looks really bad.

How else you gonna get dat flat white gurl ass and dem pancake tittays in the same shot bro?? Shit's vital!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
call me crazy but i kinda dig that captain marvel page, kinetic and highly stylized if a little weird

X-Men #2 variant cover. You guys don't know how hyped I am for this team. These girls might be my 6 favourite characters ever. But can someone give Kitty Pryde a new costume?

ah, haven't had an x-book i can get into since uxf ended. this is gonna be good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Better than liefield.

But even i dont give this artwork a "free" pass.....as much as i love Captain Marvel im not feeling this artwork too much, its down to my love of the book as whole that i let this slide.
Else, it doesnt have tthe same level of "dynamic art" that other artists pull off.

Im actually waiting for a new artist to take over Captain Marvel so i can love everything whole heartedly.

Sadly I think the book is getting canned if the upcoming cross-over with Avengers Assemble doesn't pick up it's numbers. It's a shame because the character deserves better, it's a solid book just the art is kinda not great is probably the best way to put it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Sadly I think the book is getting canned if the upcoming cross-over with Avengers Assemble doesn't pick up it's numbers. It's a shame because the character deserves better, it's a solid book just the art is kinda not great is probably the best way to put it.

hickman will do right by her

Let's wrap with some Guardians questions. The number one query on this was summed up well by pdmark who said: "At the end of the Thanos Imperative, Star-Lord, Nova, and Thanos were all "killed" when the Cancerverse collapsed with them inside. Drax also died in that series when Thanos' vaporized him. Three of those four have returned with, as far as I'm aware, no explanation. Are there any plans to resolve this? I'm particularly interested in Richie Rider, since while Peter and Thanos have reappeared from the same fate, there has been no sign of him."

Bendis: Gee, I really should read all of these stories. [Laughter] No, of course Iv'e read all of them! First of all, in "Avengers Assemble" I have referenced that something happened, and in "Guardians of the Galaxy" #1 we will reference that something dark and weird happened as well. We'll be getting to that eventually but not right away. There's a secret that some of the Guardians have and some don't about what happened in the Cancerverse. We've set that up to be dealt with another day, and I absolutely will be getting to it.

But for people who did not read that stuff, I don't want to punish them for not having read it. I want them to want to read it, and I think having story motivated stuff is the way to get people to want to return to the DnA stuff. I'm coming back to it and will honor it, and that's something I did with Avengers as well. People would always ask, "Are you ever going to get back to this thing over here?" and I would. But everything has its time.

Its funny with Guardians. There are some people who think I haven't read this stuff, but I've read every word of it over and over again. I've read it as much as I've read Avengers and X-Men stories. And I've referenced numerous times that none of this would be happening if it weren't for Keith Giffen and DnA. I feel sad that some people don't see how I feel that way. On my Tumblr blog, I've posted literally almost 100 images from their run. I don't know what else I could do, but there's nothing but respect coming from our end both from creative and editorial. I'm sorry if you guys feel like we're going to stomp all over that stuff, but I've made it very clear that we're standing on their shoulders. And their run came to an end years ago now. When I was on Avengers, I stayed clear of those characters to let those guys do their own thing.

Ok i might be sold

still think iron man being on the team is dumb

tim1138

So Green Lantern solicits were held back til Monday... creative shakeups on the support books or something crazy storywise?

Acid08

Banned
I ain't even mad at Cap Marvel art. I'm not even a huge fan but I can get behind anything that unique. I think it's cool.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I appreciate that answer from Bendis, but he could have stopped a lot of initial naysayers by implying all of that shortly after the time Avengers Assembles hit. I do remain hopeful that he will do a much better job of respecting the earlier material than Loeb.

Awwwww yeah

ANIMAL MAN OMNIBUS HC
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art by CHAS TRUOG, DOUG HAZLEWOOD, TOM GRUMMETT, PARIS CULLINS and others
Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
On sale JULY 31 • 712 pg, FC, $75.00 US • MATURE READERS
Grant Morrison’s epic run on ANIMAL MAN collected in one massive hardcover for the first time, including issues #1-26 and a tale from SECRET ORIGINS #39.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I need to keep reading more of Jason Aaron's work.

Thor is great. Scalped is great. I just read his three Black Panther issues. I haven't read anything involving BP before. He is badass. How long was Storm with him and are they still together?

akira28

I don't think it's terrible but I do really like the fact that such a unique style can be in a book put out by Marvel.

Bait harder.

Their Epic line used to be full of that stuff, and well done. That art style could be reminiscent of Aeon Flux, and I could even see some Moebius influences, but that page doesn't look good, and it's a pretty bad example.

Acid08

Banned
Their Epic line used to be full of that stuff, and well done. That art style could be reminiscent of Aeon Flux, and I could even see some Moebius influences, but that page doesn't look good, and it's a pretty bad example.

I'm not even specifically mentioning that page. I thought the first Cpt. Marvel issue with Andrade had some genuinely amazing looking panels. It tends to fall apart on closeups of the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom