• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

PsychBat!

Banned
yes_jack_nicholson.gif

Superman...

... $4.99 ...

nejis-oh-hell-no-look-o.gif

Aw hell no.

Comixology doesn't give discounts on subscribing or drop prices on trades like Kindle, and now DC and Marvel keep finding reasons to sell $5 comic books. Shit is ridiculous, can't wait till every comic company has a service like Marvel Unlimited. Until then I'll just stick to two books a month.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Alias experts, who is Trinity...err, Carrie Ann Moss playing in AKA Jessica Jones? someone named Harper aparently. Assuming its not a original character, any Harpers on Alias?

I don't get what the big deal is. I mean I do but I don't. I have been called that very word in this thread. So if I have been called that word, why is it inexcusable for me to say it? Even in quotes from, impersonating the guy that called me it?

Like I said, I get the history of the word a respect it. My blood boils when it is used in the context of hate. My mom left my dad and I when I was 8. My dad got depressed, lost his job and here we were "Forest Gump" moving into the black neighborhood living off food stamps and welfare. I've been around the word since I was in elementary, I know the culture behind it. I have grown to trust friends who don't give two shits if I say it in the context that it's mostly used these days.

Im sorry if I offended anyone and I am surprised at the big thread derail it has caused.

Comixology doesn't give discounts on subscribing or drop prices on trades like Kindle, and now DC and Marvel keep finding reasons to sell $5 comic books. Shit is ridiculous, can't wait till every comic company has a service like Marvel Unlimited. Until then I'll just stick to two books a month.

Can't wait for Dark Horse Unlimited.

Yep, I didn't want to know.

Tank Girl is cool, though.

human-tank-2-540x309.png

Messi

Its taken me some time to come to terms with the move to community. But this is it, this is our peak. Civil war was our lowest point this is the zenit. I have accepted our new life in the community section. Thank you folks.

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't get what the big deal is. I mean I do but I don't. I have been called that very word in this thread. So if I have been called that word, why is it inexcusable for me to say it? Even in quotes from, impersonating the guy that called me it?
I'm sorry about what you had to go through.
But asking that you don't get what the big deal is.... It's not a road you want to go through.

Like I said, I get the history of the word a respect it. My blood boils when it is used in the context of hate. My mom left my dad and I when I was 8. My dad got depressed, lost his job and here we were "Forest Gump" moving into the black neighborhood living off food stamps and welfare. I've been around the word since I was in elementary, I know the culture behind it. I have grown to trust friends who don't give two shits if I say it in the context that it's mostly used these days.

Im sorry if I offended anyone and I am surprised at the big thread derail it has caused.

indian-tear.gif

Pretty sure everyone's just fucking with you, Korupt.

You're too whitebread to get seriously angry over.

I mean...

You read comics.

Omg btw

spider-verse #2 was so incredible. The LaFuente and Vella jams were some of the most inventive and delightful comic stories of the year. Five webs.

Two questions: 1) did anyone ever explain what a ship girl was and 2) do I even want to know?

Imagine a German game company made a trading card game based on tanks and ships of the Third Reich. But the tanks and ships are now animated German girls of indeterminate age wearing drindls.

$4.99 books outside of something like an over-sized once a fucking year annual just piss me off. It's complete and utter bullshit.

I dunno which you should start first but man, I hate that DC cancelled the paperbacks for Starman

Yeah, I was hoping the third TPB would come out and the price on the 3rd Hardcover would drop. Didn't happen, so tracked these down. A nice Canadian seller was willing to wait till I saved up some of my comic budget to pay for these.

I never read this run. What should I expect?

A great intricate self-contained and ambitious run with very good character interactions. Depicts a family dynamic very well without devolving into needless drama. Well written young characters who are never annoying. And yes, Reed Richards being an idiot.

[Some negatives - Some very mediocre art at times. A very long epilogue. Very decompressed story telling - could be a positive or negative, based on your tastes]

Sorry if this has been posted already, but fingerless gloves?? Why...

Smartphones...

Top Bottom