• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Messi

Will the Harley/PG mini be with the new Power Girl? Since the original is still in Earth 2 right?
But it's just a mini so I guess it wouldn't matter that much.

I'd say it's the power trip one again after the last issues with Harley.

Jimmy said Justin Grey is also writing it. So the og Pee Gee team is back together.

ReiGun

I don't know what "We Are Robin" is, but I know I'm buying it.

The Finches still being on Wonder Woman hurts my soul.

Dunbar

Not sure what I expected from the mini re-launch, but I'm underwhelmed by that list of new books. Black Canary, Martian Manhunter and Starfire are the only sure additions to my pull list. I'll probably give Dark Universe a look, but I was way out on the current arc of JLD and I was going to drop it if it wasn't cancelled. I wish they would give Zatanna her own book.

Penguin

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/0...sts-It’s-a-whole-new-era-for-the-DC-Universe-
New Titles

Batman Beyond W: Dan Jurgens A: Bernard Chang
Bat-Mite (6-issue limited) W: Dan Jurgens A: Corin Howell
Bizarro (6-issue limited) W: Heath Corson A: Gustavo Duarte
Black Canary W: Brenden Fletcher A: Annie Wu & Irene Koh

Constantine: The Hellblazer W: Ming Doyle A: Riley Rossmo
Cyborg W: David Walker A: Ivan Reis
Dark Universe W: James Tynion IV A: Ming Doyle

Green Lantern: Lost Army W: Cullen Bunn A: Jesus Saiz & Javi Pina
Doomed W: Scott Lobdell A: Javier Fernandez
Earth 2: Society W: Daniel Wilson A: Jorge Jimenez
Dr. Fate W: Paul Levitz A: Sonny Liew
Harley Quinn/Power Girl (6-issue limited) W: Jimmy Palmiotti & Amanda Conner A: Stephane Roux
Justice League of America W: Bryan Hitch A: Bryan Hitch

Justice League 3001 W: Keith Giffen A: Howard Porter
Martian Manhunter W: Rob Williams A: Ben Oliver
Midnighter W: Steve Orlando A: ACO
Mystic U W: Alisa Kwitney A: Stay tuned for artist info!
Omega Men W: Tom King A: Alec Morgan
Prez W: Mark Russell A: Ben Caldwell
Red Hood/Arsenal W: Scott Lobdell A: Denis Medri
Robin, Son of Batman W: Patrick Gleason A: Patrick Gleason

Section Eight (6-issue limited) W: Garth Ennis A: John McCrea
Starfire W: Jimmy Palmiotti & Amanda Conner A: Emanuela Lupacchino
We Are Robin W: Lee Bermejo A: Khary Randolph

A lot of books that I'm somewhat interested in trying...
May try them all to get the flavor, but these are the ones that stand out to me

Especially if "We Are Robin" is an all-Robin team-up book!

Cheska

Holy shit, where did all this news come from? :O

Absolutely thrilled by some of these announcements. Black Canary? Starfire? More Harley and PG!? What a way to start my day :)

Especially if "We Are Robin" is an all-Robin team-up book!
Artwork looks like it's going to be a "street vigilante youth group calls itself 'the Robins'" book rather than former Robins teaming up.

jwAHVV6.jpg

samueeL

Banned
Huhh. I was bummed about Red Hood & Outlaws getting canned until read that there's two new series related to them, even better!

Also thank baby jesus for new Green Arrow creative team. Do not let Kreisberg touch Green Arrow again, please. So excited to get such "new" comic writer that seems to be great writer in general. We can only hope it picks up something from Lemire's run and gets rid of Felicity, please.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Johns writes the only readable book since the first Action Comics run....

and is gone after 7 issues.

Thanks Obama.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Ok.. Vendetti is still running GL and Flash.

Snyder still on Bats.

How the Finch's are still on WW is mind-numbing.

DC needs to set up some long form interviews to get me excited, because I'm feeling a downgrade across the board.

Losing Lemire is really no bueno. He's been one of the best parts of the New52.

Owzers

I'm not that hyped about the reboot, though i don't mind ditching the new 52, the books and creative teams seem spread thin.

I hope they are all 4.99.

Owzers

Why are you buying combos you silly monkey.

I like to have the digital copy in my collection so i don't feel compelled to keep the floppy or rebuy a trade i only kinda like. Didn't work that well with Batman since they only started at issue 12...

DCBS has decent prices on expensive books too, 2.99 for the 4.99 combos compared to 2.39 for a Marvel 3.99 book. Use codes, get rid of flop.

DC needs to announce DC Unlimited with this relaunchboot.

tim1138

So the Black Canary book is pitched as a rock n roll road trip story. I'm so down for that. Dinah fronting a punk rock band is like the best idea ever.

ElNarez

Banned
okay as excited as I am for a new miniseries from the creators of Hitman in the DC universe, let's be honest : I can do without Bueno Excellente the walking talking rape joke. he wasn't even that funny in the 90s. and that was the 90s.

dog welder for life tho

okay as excited as I am for a new miniseries from the creators of Hitman in the DC universe, let's be honest : I can do without Bueno Excellente the walking talking rape joke. he wasn't even that funny in the 90s. and that was the 90s.

dog welder for life tho

True confessions: I never got into Hitman. The fake cursing always made me tune out.

Wiktor

Constantine: Hellblazer? I hope this means the return to more of Vertigo style for this character. At the very least the art should be good and non superhero-like.

tim1138

So Travel Foreman has no idea where Rama got the info from that he's drawing JLU. He told me he thought the book was cancelled and is completely in the dark on it.

How many of these "DC hires artists to be writers too to save money" instances have actually worked out well in terms of great storytelling?

Uhhh...If Real Heroes is anything to go by, Hitch's writing on JLA will be a xerox of Mark Millar that got caught in the machine, gets all crinkled up and is barely readable.

Owzers

I like relaunches, it's like going to a buffet without having to eat buffet food. So many choices....

On the downside, i grew to hate the new 52 so it's hard to get excited about more DC, and i'm not that interested in most of the creative teams. No huge Green Lantern shake-up? No Shazam book?

I like relaunches, it's like going to a buffet without having to eat buffet food. So many choices....

On the downside, i grew to hate the new 52 so it's hard to get excited about more DC, and i'm not that interested in most of the creative teams. No huge Green Lantern shake-up? No Shazam book?

Yea I'm tempering expectations. I was excited for,the New 52 and that hype was deflated.

Also no,Shazam is a shame. Espcally after thunderworld

Parch

Bummed Ben Templesmith won't be back on Gotham by Midnight, but I'm thrilled the book is still going.
Didn't know he was doing a bat book. I love his work.

The new DC list isn't going to change much for me. I wish the big 2 would commit to more mini-series. To me those are more appealing without the long term investment. I hesitate getting ongoings because of their eventual bad streaks and probable crappiness/failure.

Top Bottom