• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

If they send the X-Men back to the 90's I'll be torn. I like where they're at now, but nostalgia for a bit will be fun until it wears off. Unless Claremont writes it like X-Men Unlimited, then it's garbage.

i'm sorry I cannot trust someone who thinks 90s Rogue has more claim to a cover than America gosh-darn Chavez. THIS IS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE.

What about Ms. Marvel, man?? Same deal.

Kind of amazing that this basically confirms 92 X-Men world is taking over and oh shit i just realized…

Claremont gonna write it
fml

Cheebo

Banned
The massive giveaway to that post-Secret Wars X-Men looks to be the '92 X-Men is the real story here.

No way they give this to Claremont right?!?!

What I now wonder what exactly X-Men 92 represents. Is the stopping point when Claremont left X-Men #3?

Anth1888

Have we had any info about the differences of the main Justice League title and JLA? Might be more government focused or smaller stories.

MG310

I'm not sure where people are getting the Post-Secret Wars 92 X-Men thing from when it says Secret Wars right in the corner of the cover.

Cheebo

Banned
I'm not sure where people are getting the Post-Secret Wars 92 X-Men thing from when it says Secret Wars right in the corner of the cover.
They wouldn't be establishing this team with characters that weren't going to stick around in continuity. They wouldn't pick 92 Jean, Rogue, etc on a whim. This is meant to be a book to pick up new readers.

Jean Grey is not going to be alive in issue #1 and then magically back to being dead after SW.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
AFORCE-1.jpg

I love this.
Nico is the best, I love her.

ElNarez

Banned
Someone explain the significance of the A-Force stuff besides my mind gutter immediately going to Ass Force.

so you know how there's an X-Men spinoff book called X-Force? and it got pretty popular?

now, imagine an Avengers spinoff book. A-FORCE! BECAUSE AVENGERS STARTS WITH AN A! HOUSE OF IDEAS!

I'm just happy that my girl Nico has been rescued from Avengers Undercover. Feels good, bruhs. ;u;

Spider-Woman is back in her crotch arrow costume.

battleworld-caused multiversal timeline collapse. won't last. unless it does and X-Men '92 is a thing in which case I'm gonna drop X-Men forever and it makes me sad

Zombine

Banned
Can I be real for a second? Today is legit a dream come true for comic fans. There's so much to get hyped about today it's insane.

They wouldn't be establishing this team with characters that weren't going to stick around in continuity. They wouldn't pick 92 Jean, Rogue, etc on a whim. This is meant to be a book to pick up new readers.

Jean Grey is not going to be alive in issue #1 and then magically back to being dead after SW.

A Pair of Jeans is one step closer to happening

Cheebo

Banned
I am getting the impression SW is an event just to get every character back to their "iconic" state. Whatever they deem that is for a particular character.

No, the cover artist picked the most memorable designs besides Carol.

Or his favorite designs for the said characters.

Notice how Nico is pre Arena Nico or Wanda in her classic outfit.

So forth.

CBTech

Black Widow really amuses me in that cover. I think it is the combination of legs pulled in with guns half-heartedly extended. It looks like she is looking to her right trying to see if she is matching up with everyone else. The way her hair is going also looks like she is going up and to the left instead of right. She's probably worried she'll bump into someone.

That being said, this is a really sweet cover.

Owzers

I want to know the premise of Ass Force. Is everyone sick of men? There's a fine line between girly hijinx books and pandering.

MG310

I didn't say Jean wouldn't be there after Secret Wars. It's just that those specific looks (specifically Rogue,Jubilee) are ones they've shown that they'll be using during the event.

It seems like it'll be a rotating group of characters since nobody is writing a 30 person team book.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
And why should a new all female team mean that people are sick of men? Aret there not only like 50 male dominated superhero teambooks?

Owzers

Is the all female X-Men book pandering?

it's probably just the cover and hype that bothers me, but the pr says the Avengers team disbanded, and now it seems like every single female in the MU is on the new Avengers team and no men, and that feels like an editorial decision. Think of it it this way, we get annoyed when there aren't enough women on a team book, now it's a seemingly huge team that purposely has no men. I didn't think twice about any of the previous books being all female.

And as for the sick of men thing, i meant the women of Marvel, as in maybe they were sick of Cap and Tony doing their passive aggressive thing so maybe they created a team of only females.

I'm seriously gonna need a hard checklist for all the titles I'm going to buy this year. I can't even keep up right now.

THisssss!!

I think we all assumed that Image was just going to keep absorbing all the good teams and ideas and Marvel and DC books would just swirl into creative entropy but nope.

$_$

Nudull

Banned
Real talk, I never thought DC could manage to pull me back in like this. Holy crap, there is so much good stuff coming out now.

ReAxion

I'm absolutely not going to look at that Marvel announcement thread any longer may I have a summary post or link please. tia

Top Bottom