• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

How....what...how is that not an insta win? That Borg cube should be treated like Exodia or some shit.

What's with the melded motherboards cube and the orange drippings?

Zombine, bro... its the Phoenix. Well, to be fair, the Phoenix and the essence of the Phoenix Force. But still. Something tells me they'd have trouble trying to adapt to a cosmic force capable of rending planets to dust.

Prettt sure that's not a statue technically speaking...in all actuality it has to be the worlds largest game miniature.

It also retails for $100.

What am I doing with my life.

I also found out I broke the nacelle off of my Assimilation Target Prime model. Glued it back on, but, there goes $150 in value.

Zombine

Banned
Zombine, bro... its the Phoenix. Well, to be fair, the Phoenix and the essence of the Phoenix Force. But still. Something tells me they'd have trouble trying to adapt to a cosmic force capable of rending planets to dust.

Kingdom Come Superman, The Flash, and Green Lantern are still the GOAT.

That I never pulled...

Kingdom Come Superman, The Flash, and Green Lantern are still the GOAT.

That I never pulled...

Kingdom Come Green Lantern with all of the Lantern Entities attached is a gloriously, ridiculously overpowered piece that just won't die.

Heroclix lol.

Zombine

Banned
Kingdom Come Green Lantern with all of the Lantern Entities attached is a gloriously, ridiculously overpowered piece that just won't die.

Heroclix lol.

I love that those figures were so OP that they basically ruined Wizkids. They were so scared of making more OP figures that they released that trash set Armor Wars.

Seriously. Fuck armor wars and fuck Wizkids.

This new DC set looks wild though.

I love that those figures were so OP that they basically ruined Wizkids. They were so scared of making more OP figures that they released that trash set Armor Wars.

Seriously. Fuck armor wars and fuck Wizkids.

This new DC set looks wild though.

The Batman from Trinity War is probably the most overpowered version of Batman yet. 85 points with basically any powers he wants. Batman with pulse wave for 4 damage? Why not.

If this were the early 00s that figure would be 200 points lol

There is a 150 point version of that model that's appropriately ridiculous. You can just choose 150 or 85 points.

There was also a 200 point version in the Batman set.

New-DC16-previews-1024x544.jpg

Just logged into Marvel Heroes to claim my log-in reward for he day, 10 eternity splinters.

Then it turns out that Gazillion wanted to give me another 200 splinters on top of that in some daily reward crate.

ojfPrbC.jpg

gCaLiEc.jpg

CBTech

Just finished Frank Miller's run of Daredevil. This was the first Daredevil comics I've read and the character has already become one of my favorites. I felt a little lost in the middle since Miller didn't right the issues where Heather killed herself and they weren't up on Marvel Unlimited, but it wasn't too bad to figure out what was going on. Born Again was fantastic. Seeing Matt get torn down completely then crawl back up was exciting. I did find the conclusion with Nuke to be a little weak. I guess I wanted the finale to be a little more personal between Matt and the Kingpin.

The Man Without Fear was an excellent origin story. I'm glad I read it after everything else since some scenes that were told in depth in the main series were just glossed over in The Man Without Fear.

Now it is on to reading either Bendis's or Brubaker's run depending on which one happened first.

Just finished Frank Miller's run of Daredevil. This was the first Daredevil comics I've read and the character has already become one of my favorites. I felt a little lost in the middle since Miller didn't right the issues where Heather killed herself and they weren't up on Marvel Unlimited, but it wasn't too bad to figure out what was going on. Born Again was fantastic. Seeing Matt get torn down completely then crawl back up was exciting. I did find the conclusion with Nuke to be a little weak. I guess I wanted the finale to be a little more personal between Matt and the Kingpin.

The Man Without Fear was an excellent origin story. I'm glad I read it after everything else since some scenes that were told in depth in the main series were just glossed over in The Man Without Fear.

Now it is on to reading either Bendis's or Brubaker's run depending on which one happened first.

Is Elektra Lives Again on MU? Works on a lot of dream logic, not really canon or anything like that, but its a real visual showcase

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Since here are a couple of people waiting for it, Superior Foes of Spider-Man OHC was kinda confirmed by Tom Breevort!

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.co...o-tom-will-superior-foes-of-spider-man-get-an

Yeah. Destroying the Industry turned out to be the right thing to do.

I'll just sit here looking smug now.

Glad you enjoyed it! I really need to pick up that omnibus. Miller is too good.
And Bendis' run goes before Brubaker's.

Is Elektra Lives Again on MU? Works on a lot of dream logic, not really canon or anything like that, but its a real visual showcase

Man, that page is so incredibly good.

Zombine

Banned
Finally, this arc of American Vampire is coming together. Snyder always did an awesome job of fleshing out the rules of AV on the page, that's why I thought it was so weird that at first Second Cycle seemed to pull the Gray Trader out of thin air, and I felt like it tried to generate drama for the sake of it. This issue
explains the other demons and monsters from Mayan mythology, and how The Gray Trader is actually "The Great Traitor" and is an ex-vassal who chomped down on some demon thing and was corrupted by the monster he was sent to kill.

I'm happier now, and I feel better about the arc.
SPACEEEEEEE

I still don't really dig the watercoloring over Albequrques incredible pencil work. It takes away from the detail that he puts into his drawings.

It's pretty cool for a summer day here. I could work on my backlog. I'll start with Six Gun Gorilla.

Aussie? Have you seen a Drop Bear yet this season?

Kipp

It's pretty cool for a summer day here. I could work on my backlog. I'll start with Six Gun Gorilla.

Excellent choice. Six Gun Gorilla is so good. And Jeff Stokely is the coolest/nicest guy, too.

We can stop worrying about Marvel.
http://www.vulture.com/2015/02/garth-ennis-secret-wars-where-monsters-dwell.html

We officially have a Two Party System in Dope Mainstream Comics.

Oh. My. Goodness.
I have no doubt that I will adore this comic.

CBTech

Finished the first issue of Bendis's Daredevil (#16). Every page was a treat. The shifting styles depending on the scene from a children's book, to a newspaper print, political comic. I'm not expecting this of every issue, but it is certainly a fantastic way to start a run. I'm really excited to read more.

Kipp

From that Garth Ennis interview regarding the dinosaur comic:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how funny is this series going to be?

Hopefully somewhere around 7 or 8, with a few 10 moments sprinkled throughout.

Yesssssssssssss. This is my favorite Garth Ennis.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/02/garth-ennis-secret-wars-where-monsters-dwell.html

This looks incredible. Thanks for writing comics that aren't Crossed, Garth. We've missed you.

I have not even seen these in years. I'm ruined by Keogh's, O'Donnells and other posh crisps:

The stuff fattening dreams are made of.

Love Ennis escaping the Dynamite struggle comix vortex. The best thing Axel Alonso said about Secret Wars is that it will allow them to do more off the wall shit like this and explore different genres. Westerns, dinosaurs, sci-fi, romance, horror, fantasy, war, martial arts, etc

Messi

This looks incredible. Thanks for writing comics that aren't Crossed, Garth. We've missed you.

I have not even seen these in years. I'm ruined by Keogh's, O'Donnells and other posh crisps:

The stuff fattening dreams are made of.

I am a posh crisps fan myself.

Amanda Conner was drawing on her nametag at the bat conference. Looooove

10729345_1413101558987894_2144427943_n.jpg

kd-z

That Epic JC Megapost, damn. A perfect start to my train ride home. I now just can't wait to read the last two Hawkguy trades.

Top Bottom