• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

omgkitty

I got an iPad for Christmas, and this weekend I decided to catch up on some comics I had neglected and shit is it super easy to blow a lot of money on Comixology. I think I spent like $40+ this weekend just buying recent issues of things. I would catch up on something and then immediately go buy 3 or 4 issues of something else. Did that about 4 or 5 times.

I got an iPad for Christmas, and this weekend I decided to catch up on some comics I had neglected and shit is it super easy to blow a lot of money on Comixology. I think I spent like $40+ this weekend just buying recent issues of things. I would catch up on something and then immediately go buy 3 or 4 issues of something else. Did that about 4 or 5 times.

That's pretty much my life.

And you thought the Criterion Collection was an expensive hobby

omgkitty

And you thought the Criterion Collection was an expensive hobby

I can read a comic in like 10 minutes! I quickly keep running out of stuff to read. I guess it's good I'm mainly into Image stuff right now because all of their stuff seems to be cheaper than Marvel and DC.

NexusCell

So it seems Garth Ellis is writing a book for Secret Wars...

featuring Phantom Eagle fighting Dinosaurs!!!!

06-moster-dwell.nocrop.w529.h861.2x.jpg

http://www.vulture.com/2015/02/garth-ennis-secret-wars-where-monsters-dwell.html

omgkitty

Whatchu readin breh

Saga
Invincible
Alex + Ada
The Wicked + The Divine
Gotham Central

That's everything I read this weekend. I read all of Alex + Ada and The Wicked + The Divine on Saturday. I loved Alex + Ada. The Wicked + The Divine I like, and think it's a cool idea, but I'm honestly not 100% sure what's going on or who half the characters are. I feel like I need to do actual research on the god's because it seems like they're using actual myths for back story that I don't understand.

Yes! The cute girl that works at Chick-Fil-A laughed at my joke. Small miracles. One step closer to becoming a comics superstar, I've found my muse.....

barrin87

Saga
Invincible
Alex + Ada
The Wicked + The Divine
Gotham Central

That's everything I read this weekend. I read all of Alex + Ada and The Wicked + The Divine on Saturday. I loved Alex + Ada. The Wicked + The Divine I like, and think it's a cool idea, but I'm honestly not 100% sure what's going on or who half the characters are. I feel like I need to do actual research on the god's because it seems like they're using actual myths for back story that I don't understand.

I was looking up all the different gods on Wikipedia every time a new name popped up that I didn't recognize. Each god's powers in the books make more sense with knowing something about the actual gods but it's definitely not needed.

I can't wait for the second Wicked + The Divine trade to come out Though since I loved the first.

ReAxion

Saga
Invincible
Alex + Ada
The Wicked + The Divine
Gotham Central

I was looking up all the different gods on Wikipedia every time a new name popped up that I didn't recognize. Each god's powers in the books make more sense with knowing something about the actual gods but it's definitely not needed.

I can't wait for the second Wicked + The Divine trade to come out Though since I loved the first.

Attention passengers of the WicDiv hype train:

http://multiversitycomics.com/tag/wicked-intervention/

I try to post these whenever they come up, but there ya go.

PsychBat!

Banned
Secret Wars is gonna kick ass, people.

I don't know about A-Force though. I have a feeling it won't even contain half of the characters shown on the cover. Not even close. It'll probably be like a much shorter Fearless Defenders.

Secret Wars is gonna kick ass, people.

I don't know about A-Force though. I have a feeling it won't even contain half of the characters shown on the cover. Not even close. It'll probably be like a much shorter Fearless Defenders.

I'm assuming if it's an ongoing thing the actual team will be of course much smaller. That promo art was basically just celebrating female superheroes in Marvel's history. Like it had Phoenix and Spider-Gwen on it, not meant to indicate an actual roster.

I do hope She-Hulk is front and center though.

l7jB8q0.jpg

When I first saw this, I knew it had to be inspired by a painting.

https://considermoon.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/dragon-slaying-archangels-totally-epic-tuesday/

Examples in the link.

The Book of Revelation describes a war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon (that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray). The dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down to the earth, and his angels with him.”

In Catholic teachings, Saint Michael will also triumph at the end times when he defeats Antichrist. The Book of Daniel (12:1) states: “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise.”

Top Bottom