• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Messi

Yup. Still not quite the same, but definitely close. Of course, Cooke was also an excellent writer. I don't know what Elsa's writing abilities are.

She co wrote The Infinite Loop for IDW. It was amazing. Coming out in a hardcover in a few months

Black Panther #1 - #4: Wow, definitely living up to the hype for me. Love the balance between showing T'Challa's internal conflicts and Wakanda's conflicts. Loving the art and some really exceptional colouring. Can't wait for the next trade!

Some amazing covers too.

XczBlvX.jpg

Messi

Black Panther #1 - #4: Wow, definitely living up to the hype for me. Love the balance between showing T'Challa's internal conflicts and Wakanda's conflicts. Loving the art and some really exceptional colouring. Can't wait for the next trade!

Some amazing covers too.

Sanford Greene is awesome

TheFlow

Banned

Some amazing covers too.
Woah I didn't know they formed together

Zombine

Banned
Who has time for comics when Junji Ito's Dissolving Classroom just came out? Ito does such an amazing job getting the reader involved in his short stories.

Trickster

Anyone know if the X-men Legacy series is part of the main marvel universe? I skipped it because I read somewhere it wasn't. But I just saw that there's an xmen storyline that takes place across various xmen series, and the legacy series seems to be one of them.

Anyone know if the X-men Legacy series is part of the main marvel universe? I skipped it because I read somewhere it wasn't. But I just saw that there's an xmen storyline that takes place across various xmen series, and the legacy series seems to be one of them.
It is IIRC.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

It was. There was a present day storyline spun right out of Messiah Complex that strung all the past stories together. Not sure how relevant it ended up being though.

I wasn't too impressed by Bullseye #1. Too much time is spent establishing Bullseye as a crazy badass (the backup literally serves no other function) and not enough time building an intriguing story with cool hooks. And the "Bullseye is a crazy badass" thing doesn't even work that well...it's not as effective as it was in Thunderbolts or virtually any notable appearance by the character in Daredevil. I'm out.

VanWinkle

Man, Trinity War is a slog to get through. Slow paced, hardly anything happens. I'm almost halfway through but I'm tempted to just stop it and go to Forever Evil. How bad of idea would that be? Should I just stick it out? Should I just read the last issue of Trinity War (the second JL issue; the bookends of the "event" were two JL issues)?

Man, Trinity War is a slog to get through. Slow paced, hardly anything happens. I'm almost halfway through but I'm tempted to just stop it and go to Forever Evil. How bad of idea would that be? Should I just stick it out? Should I just read the last issue of Trinity War (the second JL issue; the bookends of the "event" were two JL issues)?

Imho it just gets worse and worse. Skip to the end.

Just skip to the of it and start FE.

Owzers

Read it all, part of being a comic reader is about suffering through bad issues for the sake of continuity while slowly building up a resentment for the medium.

A new The Band Perry song hit spotify this week.

I got my dcbs shipment and The Goddamned vol 1's spine is nicked.

This whole Trump thing really is an emotional rollercoaster.

Lovely cover

Hopefully Leila Del Duca gets to do one.

Here's the full list.
Rat Queens #1 variant artwork by Colleen Doran
Royal City #1 variant artwork by Emi Lenox
The Wicked + The Divine #27 variant artwork by Chynna Clugston-Flores
Motor Crush #4 variant artwork by Leslie Hung
East Of West #32 variant artwork by Meredith McClaren
Low #16 variant artwork by Vanesa R. Del Rey
Moonshine #6 variant artwork by Jill Thompson
She Wolf #7 variant artwork by Marian Churchland
Magdalena #1 variant artwork by Roberta Ingranata
Monstress #11 variant artwork by Sanya Anwar
Old Guard #2 variant artwork by Nicola Scott
She isn't on the list.

Read it all, part of being a comic reader is about suffering through bad issues for the sake of continuity while slowly building up a resentment for the medium.

A new The Band Perry song hit spotify this week.

I got my dcbs shipment and The Goddamned vol 1's spine is nicked.

This whole Trump thing really is an emotional rollercoaster.

Seems like there's not one bit of good news in there.

And I finally finished Final Fantasy XV, and people were not lying about how bad chapter 13 is. So many hallways, so many elevators.

By that point I was just glad to be finished with it. I really like the ending though
which was extra funny because the pic I chose to take to Luna was a pic of Cindy with her cleavage on display

Azzarello's WW is really good up until the First Born becomes a big deal, at which point it loses a lot of steam. Never gets bad though. Except for the whole "how Amazons reproduce" thing which is hilariously terrible.

Speaking of losing steam, I just finished X-Statix and I think the series definitely drops in quality once Mister Sensitive's arc is resolved. The Dead Girl mini is a 10/10 though and the perfect way to conclude the series.

error4041

Hey ya'll new here, been stalking this thread for the last few OT's.

Interesting fact, I've read more Inhuman's than I've read X-Men.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
By that point I was just glad to be finished with it. I really like the ending though
which was extra funny because the pic I chose to take to Luna was a pic of Cindy with her cleavage on display

That is funny. I figured something like that was coming so I went with
one of the four of us with our choco-buddies.
The end was good, but there were a couple hours there where I just don't know wha't they were thinking.

This morning I finished Lake of Fire. It was great. If you're on the fence, maybe this will convince you:

Top Bottom