• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

That is funny. I figured something like that was coming so I went with
one of the four of us with our choco-buddies.
The end was good, but there were a couple hours there where I just don't know wha't they were thinking.

They had to rebuild a good portion of the game from when it was Final Fantasy Versus XIII, so it was kind of a rush-job. If they let Tetsuya Nomura follow his original vision, this game still wouldn't be out. See Kingdom Hearts III.

Owzers

The Goddamned vol 1: I judge books partly based on whether they are a struggle to finish or not and then how i feel about it after reading. Breezed through this volume, but it left me thinking i'd read through a violent spectacle that i'm now moving on from instead of something i'm engrossed in that i want more of. Random 6/10.

That's probably because the Inhumans are better and more interesting than the X-Men.

lbvBoA4.gif

It like a "Yikes" or a "Well......"

You can see the context I was using it in. Seeing as how he wanted more expanded on that idea of Ares but that Ares got retconned.
Context doesn't help as much as you think. It's the problem with gif posts. Like, were you agreeing? Empathizing? Trash talking?
Hey ya'll new here, been stalking this thread for the last few OT's.

Interesting fact, I've read more Inhuman's than I've read X-Men.
I've also read a lot of Inhumans. You'll get no hate from me

Sandfox

I've been having trouble finding the motivation to read comics to the end this week and I finally did it with Wasp. I liked this issue more than the first and found it to be a fun read.

Done at work for the day. Missed Eurovision. Did manage to grab free tickets to La La Land and The Handmaiden later this week though. We're going to hold the press showings for The LEGO Batman Movie on monday(both dubbed and subbed. Will probably watch it with my little sister next saturday.

Hulk #2
Another strong issue. Decidedly darker than the last, and an even deeper insight into Jen's trigger. We also get more development into this eviction storyline which is...it's whatever. Some weird supervillain story that I, quite frankly, don't care about. Otherwise still good. Very emotionally touching.

The Unstoppable Wasp #2
I liked this issue better than the first. It wasn't "OMG EVERYTHING IS TOTES ADORBZ" vibe that I got from the first issue. A bit more, I dunno, real, I guess? Something to it. As a result, I enjoyed this more. The Moon Girl push...I'm not fond of it, but I'll get over it. I like Tatiana and Miranda. They're cool. Also all the jokes regarding the Pym family were hilarious. The answering machine in particular. I'll check out the next issue.

I'll never love Neegan
after what he did to Glenn, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy him. But, man, wait til Maggie finds out he's been roaming free.

WolfTime

Banned
I tried to read this guys

I know its probably the most influential superhero comic ever, besides maybe Watchmen

but its sooooooo dated compared to Watchmen

Dark_knight_returns.jpg

Ross61

I believe so. I read somewhere that a recent issue of Batman showed flashback images to Year One. I haven't confirmed that myself.

Not exactly. Batman and Catwoman's meetings are similiar to what happened in Year One, but Zero Year is still the functioning Batman origin story.

WolfTime

Banned
so would it be accurate to say the 3 smartest characters in the Marvel Universe are now

1. Moon Girl (officially the smartest)
2. Riri Williams (smarter than Tony)
3. Doom

Reed is not present at the moment, as he is rebuilding the multiverse with his son and Molecule man

caliph95

so would it be accurate to say the 3 smartest characters in the Marvel Universe are now

1. Moon Girl (officially the smartest)
2. Riri Williams (smarter than Tony)
3. Doom

Reed is not present at the moment, as he is rebuilding the multiverse with his son and Molecule man

Has it been stated the Riri smarter than Tony. Otherwise Pretty sure Doom is still the smartest except for Moon Girl depending how serious is the smartest person on earth thing is and whether the writers except it..

caliph95

I have to say i'm kind of the same way with Messi at times though i love reading some the 90s vertigo stuff but past that except with the occasional stuff like ostrander's suicide squad i prefer modern that probably due to age and being exposed to modern comics at a young age or i am a pleb.

Nudull

Banned
I mean, I still enjoy Watchmen as a comic. Wouldn't be among my top all-time favorites, though.

So BC posted a story about a Florida Comic Store Owner saying NO MO POLTICS IN MAH BOOKS and r/comicbooks thinks this is revolutionary.

Florida, why you gotta embarrass me?

mreddie

So BC posted a story about a Florida Comic Store Owner saying NO MO POLTICS IN MAH BOOKS and r/comicbooks thinks this is revolutionary.

caliph95

to be fair r/comicbooks are better than kotakuinaction because there are at least people with high up votes arguing ow stupid the complaint is.

Sandfox

Yet another person went out of their way to call out Spencer on twitter saying they dropped both Captain America books because they deal with politics and he doesn't want that in his comics. Now he has people complaining about the books lean too much to the left again and saying the left villians don't count.

People only complain about politics in media when their group isn't the one getting the positive focus and sometimes see things that aren't there.

Top Bottom