• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Caught up with All-Star Batman just to be done with the Bat-line. Or rather, I read most of it.

So much verbosity for such an uncompelling plot. Wrap that shit up Snyder

Wrong!

It's Cheryl Blossom.

tumblr_okfxr5Ay3p1vuv0yfo1_500.gif

I am all about Riverdale this is great. Totally warming up to Cheryl.

She's got jokes.

Vetoed.

Betty is also the worse, because Archie does not give a damn and she's still lost and pressed.

Girl, we already two episodes in and you aren't even a vertex on this love triangle.

Veronica wins by default, because she is neither lost nor outright evil.

mreddie

Rings is shit, you know its shit but man, I didn't know what was that piece of shit.

They spoiled the ending in the trailers and it's supremely stupid.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yoooo, Lake of Fire is pretty cool.

And I'm hypothetically team Betty, but I'm really on team Why Archie? Cause that guys a bit of a herb.

Sandfox

Speaking of Archie, how has the comic been? I haven't read it in quite a while and was thinking about catching up.

The art has been getting worse with each issue, but the story is fine and Waid has somehow managed to make me like Veronica. Pete Woods is taking over next imonth though so we'll see how he does on the book.

caliph95

No comic is Giant Days. That book is just on a whole other level.

Rings is shit, you know its shit but man, I didn't know what was that piece of shit.

I'm not even suprised the trailers didn't sell it and it's still techinally dumping ground season for horror movies.

what kind of bad is it funny bad or infuriating bad.

Owzers

I haven't been to the movies in so long. The new Alien movie will probably be my first of the year.
I've only seen star wars movies in theaters, not sure if anything else will get me to go. I almost went for suicide squad, only reaffirms my decision to wait for blu rays.

I've only seen star wars movies in theaters, not sure if anything else will get me to go. I almost went for suicide squad, only reaffirms my decision to wait for blu rays.

I don't even waste money on Blu-rays anymore unless I've seen a movie and really liked it. If I just want to watch it, I'll wait for the home release and watch it on demand for $6.

I made the mistake of reading the recent All New Xmen. I can't believe they're still bringing up this Cyclops is Hitler shit, Babyclops was a mistake, they killed the wrong one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just made a reservation for a Susan Storms.

So close ;_;

Black Panther #10
A really good issue. A bit lighter than the previous issue as well. I really enjoyed Shuri laying shit out (especially the fact that she is a machine that runs on spite) but I also enjoy the dilemma we have: is a teacher really responsible for the student? A philosopher responsible for his followers? It brings this to mind, and draws comparison to a ruler being responsible for his subjects. It's essentially the question that asks, "At what points do I start and stop being responsible for the actions of others?" Something that will always hold weight.

Dope issue all around.

Infamous Iron Man #4
When Iron Doom would have words with you, there isn't a lot you can do otherwise. I like this angle that they're playing. Adds a bit more nuance and depth to a superhero book. I do have a small item worth pondering:
Did Hill know about Ben and got angry at that agent for revealing info that she wasn't supposed to, or was she pissed because she didn't know and jusy found out then?
It's irrelevant, but a curiosity I have regardless.

Good superhero comics right there.

Karnak #6
And that's all folks. It took two years for a six issue story to finish. TWO YEARS for SIX ISSUES. Civil War 2 and Secret Wars got nothing on that. That said the ending was emotionally painful. It's hard to draw a real conclusion from it. Did Karnak feel this way the whole time, or did it just happen in that moment? Also dislike Ellis just saying, "nah he got like, super good at breaking stuff just by studying." He's an Inhuman. He got his powers without Terrigenesis and is an anomaly. Like, goddamn. It's not hard.

Oh well. It ended. It was a good action book that was fucked by it's release schedule.

Green Arrow #16
Not sure how I feel about this issue. It's good all around. The usual: cool action and character moments, good dialogue, beautifully drawn, pushed tje plot along, yadda yadda you get the point. The part that bothers me is
the handling of the Vice Squad. So, the best way to take down a bad cop is a good cop, right? So far so good. Now here's where you lose me: apparently the best way to dispose of a bad cop is just to whip a grenade onto his already-immobilized body? Isn't an aspect of what makes a bad cop is that they kill without hesitation or necessity? The Chief could have thrown that grenade to multiple places, but instead blows up the entire Vice Squad? So none of them can answer for their crimes and vindicate Green Arrow in the process? That was needed. Showing that dirty cops will actually be treated as criminals and that the justice system isn't damaged beyond repair. But no, a grenade is just fine. About the same effect, I guess. It just seems so counterintuitive to this book's message.

Tizoc

New karnak finally released?
Man i always feel like i am behind on some f the books i actually follow @_@

Btw i want to get xmen and hulk comics for my 3 y/o nephew. I am eyeing the marvel adventure lines but whatre good kid friendly collections marvel's published over the years?

Finally watched Captain America: Winter Soldier. WOW. Incredible.

Walking into the theatre completely blind on that one (no trailers, nothing) is one of the greatest moments of my life, up there with the birth of my first kid.

Jaw on the floor the entire time. Totally blown away from start to finish.

Zombine

Banned
Walking into the theatre completely blind on that one (no trailers, nothing) is one of the greatest moments of my life, up there with the birth of my first kid.

What is more important: your SO or Thor 2: The Dark World?

Here is my ranking thus far:

Thor 2: The Dark World
Girlfriend
Iron Man 2
My family
Avengers
My friends
Age of Ultron
My students

If I had a kid I would put them somewhere between Dr Strange and Iron Man 3.

Yeah I love that movie.

Also, I'm binging through Deadly Class right now and loving it. I read the first trade a while back, but decided to start from scratch again to refresh my memory. Awesome stuff.

What else do y'all recommend from Image?

Messi

Yeah I love that movie.

Also, I'm binging through Deadly Class right now and loving it. I read the first trade a while back, but decided to start from scratch again to refresh my memory. Awesome stuff.

Stjepan Sejics lesbian bdsm love and friendship series Sunstone. Also his series Death Vigil
Paper Girls
Saga
Low
Anything by Brubaker

Yeah I love that movie.

Sex Criminals
Snotgirl
Kill or Be Killed
The Fix
Rumble

kmfdmpig

Finally watched Captain America: Winter Soldier. WOW. Incredible.

Winter Soldier is so good. Redford is compelling, the action is top notch, Fury is great in it. It's probably my favorite Marvel movie, although IM1 and IM3 (which I know many hate) are up there in consideration as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Since I have seen Nice Guys and I understood, how Shane Black movies work, my hate against it went away. I still dislike that movie, but I am cool with it.

kmfdmpig

Since I have seen Nice Guys and I understood, how Shane Black movies work, my hate against it went away. I still dislike that movie, but I am cool with it.

Nice Guys is great fun. If you haven't also watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang then that's highly recommended as it's a ton of fun and probably the best Shane Black movie ever.

You poor fool. Did you pay for the ticket or was it a gift? I think I guessed the ending from the trailers but spoil me.

If anyone wants to trade FE Heroes friendcodes, just say so. Already beaten the story thanks to 5-Star Lucina and Takumi.

Neat!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yeah I love that movie.

Manifest Destiny
Monstress
Lazarus
Rumble
East of West
Birthright

Top Bottom