• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

yiUWdoi.png

Spike had some personal issues that he had to focus on, so it's my thread again!

SgbIrjD.png

r1shB6q.jpg

A-Force #1 by G. Willow Wilson and Jorge Molina (Jan. 6th) - The smash hit is back! Singularity assembles a team of earth's mightiest Avengers including She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Nico Minoru, and more!
Silver Surfer #1 by Dan Slott and Mike Allred (Jan. 20th) - The ComicsGAF-favorite series returns! Silver Surfer and Dawn have traveled the universe, and now he decides to show her Earth!
Uncanny X-Men #1 by Cullen Bunn and Greg Land (Jan. 6th) - Not happy with their current state, a team of Earth's most ruthless mutants band together to fight off their enemies. Will they be able to keep their anger aimed at their enemies instead of each other?

qaugsEU.png

opuXvIJ.jpg

Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death #1 by Amy Chu and Clay Mann (Jan. 20th) - Dr. Pamela Isley joins the staff Gotham Botanical Gardens, but one of her fellow scientists is murdered! Things get worse when it looks like the work of Poison Ivy!
Justice League #48 by Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok (Jan. 20th) - The punchiest event of last year continues! As the Darkseid War rages on, the Justice League is forced to reunite with the Crime Syndicate to battle the Anti-Monitor! And what is the deal with Superwoman's child?
Swamp Thing #1 by Len Wein and Kelley Jones (Jan. 6th) - Swamp Thing is back and written by his co-creator! He's received an ominous warning and is finding himself under attack from forces worse than your average monsters!

Pj1YPNh.png

I77X14G.jpg

Bitch Planet #6 by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Taki Soma (Jan. 6th) - Another fan-favorite returns! This issues uncovers the past of the Bitches' secret weapon Meiko Maki and her transformation. Are you woman enough to survive?
Island #6 by multiple creators! (Jan. 20th) - This month's installment of Island features a story by Onta showing how two guys spend a day at the gay pride parade. It also features the return of Fil Barlow's sci-fi story Zooniverse!
Cry Havoc #1 by Simon Spurrier and Ryan Kelly (Jan 27th) - ComicsGAF favorite, Simon Spurrier launches his latest series and it's a story about a lesbian werewolf who goes to war!

KXpsLLu.png

EP8yyat.jpg

Hellboy Winter Special One-Shot by Mike Mignola and more! (Jan. 27th) - This special one-shot issue features Mignolaverse debut of Tim Sale, Michael Walsh, and more! It explores the universe's prehistoric mythology and also provides a lead-in to upcoming issues of Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1953!
Alabaster: The Good, the Bad, and the Bird #2 by Caitlin R. Kiernan and Daniel Warren Johnson (Jan. 13th) - Maisie's busy mourning the loss of her friend and lover, but is soon confronted by a pair of bounty-hunting twins trying to enact a mysterious ritual. How will Maisie handle confronting her past?
Leaving Megalopolis by Gail Simone and J. Calafiore (Jan. 13th) - The citizens of Megalopolis were hunted by their world's heroes. How will the survivors handle a rescure mission straight into the heart of madness?

7XkluQw.png

Bma79UQ.jpg

Amazing Forest #1 by Ulises Farinas, Erick Freitas, Matt Rota, and more! (Jan. 20th) - A new anthology! It features bold, strange, and wicked stories written by Fairinas and Freitas, each drawn by a different artist!
Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #49 by James Roberts and Hayato Sakamoto (Jan. 20th) - A god seeking vengeance is stalking the corridors of the Lost Light and it's murdering anyone making eye contact! What did the crew do to deserve this and how can they stop it?
Jem & The Holograms #11 by Kelly Thompson and Sophie Campbell (Jan. 27th) - Jem and the Holograms begin their first tour! Little do they know, a mysterious woman named Silica is after them! To make things more complicated, The Misfits may need to permanently replace their lead singer!

e1ZbXE9.png

1efZVH9.jpg

Faith #1 by Jody Houser, Francis Portela, and Marguerite Sauvage (Jan. 27th) - Formerly an ordinary teen, Faith Herbert is now the superhero Zephyr! She quickly realizes that being a hero is tougher than expected as she uncovers an alien conspiracy!
Devolution #1 by Rick Remender and Jonathan Wayshak (Jan. 20th) - All life on earth has devolved and reverted to prehistoric incarnations or odd mutations! Cities across the world are ruled by Neanderthals and the last band of "Still Sapien" humans search for a cure to re-evolve the human race!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #0 by Kyle Higgens, Mairghread Scott, and more! (Jan. 13th) - The Power Rangers make their debut with BOOM! The Green Ranger returns to the team so they can fight off Rita Repulsa!

G159DJG.png

New to comics? Check out Zombine's Start Up Guide!
Help support my name is ed! His comic Rage Against the Jackal is available digitally on Comixology!
Also keep an eye out for Bish's upcoming comic Savage Empire featuring art by Jim Roy Jimenez!

Members in ComicsGAF are expected to follow the NeoGAF TOS just like everyone else. I know it can be hard, but try and be excellent to your fellow members guys.
On SPOILERS. Use common sense and please, mark your spoilers! If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a comic (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning. Don't be that person.

Last month, many members posted lists of their favorite comics of 2015. I grabbed every list I could find with some explanations behind their choices. Check them out!
Tyrant Rave
whatsinaname
my name is ed posted his list in some excellent detailed posts: 1 , 2, 3
Sadist
LaunchpadMcQ: 1 , 2
tim1138
Tizoc started his list
frye
TetraxShards
KoruptData
NMFried
And while it's not really a list, gketter made a wonderful post about his love of Starman!

And Happy New Year to everyone new and old!
Iiow2ga.jpg

Owzers

Nice thread, i'm glad someone volunteered to make it so that comics can continue to exist.

It's not like other people wanted to make the thread. Who said they would. For several months in a row. Who thought it all out about how they were going to make it about how to properly wash and store sweaters after reading up on it.

But yeah, nice thread.

PsychBat!

Banned
I'M THE KING OF COMIC GAF! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A Greg Land cover, but no Secret Wars #9? OT makes my cat upset.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Land art to start off 2016

Oh lordy :3

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Going through the Image solicits for this month. Here is what I'll be buying......

THE AUTUMNLANDS #9
THE BEAUTY #6
BLACK MAGICK #4
BLACK SCIENCE #19
CHEW #54
CRY HAVOC #1
DEADLY CLASS #18
I HATE FAIRYLAND #4
INJECTION #6
MONSTRESS #3
MYTHIC #8
NAILBITER #19*
PAPER GIRLS #4
RAT QUEENS #15
REVIVAL #36*
SAGA #33
SOUTHERN BASTARDS #14
SPREAD #12
THE TITHE #8
TOKYO GHOST #5
THE WALKING DEAD #150*

*Maybe if I get caught up

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Needed to cleanse myself of the Bendis so I started one of ComicGaf's faves, Immortal Iron Fist. First 2 issues were good but the different artists per issue are distracting. I just want Aja all the time and I'm only getting half Aja

Lots of great looking books in January.

GO GO POWER RANGERS! Yeah, I'm excited for that. Why they gotta make the White Ranger cover the rarest though?

DO WANT.

I hope they do a Dino Charge crossover at some point.

I can't wait for the Leaving Megalopolis sequel as well. The first book was fantastic, so grim, so brutal, awesome stuff.

Rhaknar

The scene from my avatar was pretty fucking cute

Tizoc

Happy new year, some interesting titles in the first post.

Also a little something for BK
As3D4fW.jpg

Z2nmaHv.jpg

Now THAT'S how you do characters communicating/talking with each other.
Also Everything should be explained as being Magic~

NMFried

Guys I'm all caught up on my main reads, so I'm digging back through the New 52. What series are must reads?

I've already ran through Batman, Batman & Robin, Batman Eternal, Batman Incorporated, Superman, Action Comics and Justice League.

I've got Aquaman and Green Arrow on the docket. Anything else?

Owzers

Guys I'm all caught up on my main reads, so I'm digging back through the New 52. What series are must reads?

I've already ran through Batman, Batman & Robin, Batman Eternal, Batman Incorporated, Superman, Action Comics and Justice League.

Wonder Woman was worth a look.

Rhaknar

First 3 issues of Iron Fist weren't doing much for me but issue #4 was great, might have finally clicked with me

2016! Plan to start the year with Animal Man once I am back from my vacation. (Finally!)

Seconding Wonder Woman.

Also

Demon Knights, Gotham Academy and Lemire's Animal Man.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ranking my last 2 weeks of new comic book purchases of 2015.........

1. Deadly Class #17
2. East of West #23
3. Saga #32
4. Black magick #3
5. Rat Queens #14
6. Chew #53

frye

A++ banner friend rave

comics new years resolution: put a dent in the backlog, read all of cerebus???

Dalek

An Uncanny X-Men book from Cullen Bunn? I'm in!
Art by Greg Land? I'm out!

Seriously-who is this guy blackmailing to continue to work at Marvel?

Tizoc

James Bond #3 was fantastic.

Lobster Johnson was OK, great art but I'd rather a miniseries instead of a one shot that tells a simple story :/

-Justice League Dark through Lemire's run. After that be done.
-Earth 2, followed by Earth 2: World's End

I've started Red Lanterns and Supergirl and so far I enjoy both. Also Johns' run on Green Lantern is mostly godlike, though the ending leaves much to be desired.

Forever Evil is dope as fuck
Happy new year, some interesting titles in the first post.

Also a little something for BK
As3D4fW.jpg

Z2nmaHv.jpg

Now THAT'S how you do characters communicating/talking with each other.
Also Everything should be explained as being Magic~
Papa's proud

Foofaraw

oh, they're FINALLY getting to that plot point? Honestly, I bailed not long after the first trade. Good book, but it got boring a couple issues later.

I thought Vol 2 was great! Getting all of that Coach Hoss backstory felt good.

Join me in the Old 52 and pick up Chuck Dixon's Nightwing, Robin, and Birds of Prey!

GO GO POWER RANGERS! Yeah, I'm excited for that. Why they gotta make the White Ranger cover the rarest though?

This might be the first book I actually pick up additional copies for different covers. Gotta get my Black & Pink Ranger going.

I've been reading the old-ish Star Wars books from Dark Horse on MU. I'm really digging them so far. Not as good as Star Wars Legacy, but they are making me ok with the Prequel Trilogy for giving a backdrop for these books. Ki Adi Mundi is great, and made way better than just a weird looking thing on the Jedi Council. Love this stuff!

Corpsepyre

Banned
Guys, I just bought Scalped Deluxe Editions books 1 and 2.

How are they? Have read great things about this comic. I wanted book 3 as well, but my store didn't have it.

Secondly, the store had Snyder's Swamp Thing Deluxe Edition as well. Recommended?

16537753806_330de04b9c.jpg

Messi

I thought that was coming out next week.

It is but marvel accidentally shipped half of next week's books last week and sent a note to retails to hold them. Some places sold their books.

mail:

Due to an error on the part of the printer, some Marvel Comics titles with an on sale date of January 6 were released early without notification. As a result, these titles are included with your shipment of product scheduled for an on sale date of December 30.

A list of the affected titles follows.
Please do not place these titles out for sale until January 6.

Amazing Spider-Man #6, Howard The Duck #3, Nova #3, Spider-Man 2099 #5, Rocket Raccoon And Groot #1, Spidey #2 and Obi-Wan And Anakin #1.

Those books are sitting in stores right now.

Kind of excited for Power Rangers, but after Nightwing and trying to get into COWL, can't say I'm thrilled to read more Kyle Higgins.

Messi

Oh! That explains the lack of ebay offers

giphy.gif

I was just talking with GrandHarrier about Nocentis legendary Catwoman run and I hadn't realized it was issue 12-34. How the fuck did DC allow Catwoman to skid for that long. Holy shit. It felt like a lifetime while reading it but that is disgraceful.

Top Bottom