• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Zombine

Banned
giphy.gif

I was just talking with GrandHarrier about Nocentis legendary Catwoman run and I hadn't realized it was issue 12-34. How the fuck did DC allow Catwoman to skid for that long. Holy shit. It felt like a lifetime while reading it but that is disgraceful.

You loved every minute of it. Anything CAN happen, Brian.

Messi

John Layman should write Catwoman after he finishes Chew his issue mid Nocentis run was a bright spot.

[imghttps://media1.giphy.com/media/cjFYzk81E3cDm/giphy.gif[/img]

I was just talking with GrandHarrier about Nocentis legendary Catwoman run and I hadn't realized it was issue 12-34. How the fuck did DC allow Catwoman to skid for that long. Holy shit. It felt like a lifetime while reading it but that is disgraceful.
Well look what they're allowing to happen to poor flash and now GL?

Put King on GL already DC!

Good job on the thread Tyrant although there is more anime in it than there is regret in the average sillymonkey post
A++ banner friend rave

comics new years resolution: put a dent in the backlog, read all of cerebus???
I've never read Cerebus but I'm mostly tempted to for the background art which means I'll probably never get to it

shingi70

Banned
Guys go buy Obi and Ani. It's Star wars and written by Charles Soule who.wrote the best Star wars mini series so far.

Anyone else not digging the art for Rocket Racoon and Groot? I find it too be good but not fitting the characters. I was expecting super cartoonish art like the last two Rocket and Groot series.

Messi

Guys go buy Obi and Ani. It's Star wars and written by Charles Soule who.wrote the best Star wars mini series so far.

Anyone else not digging the art for Rocket Racoon and Groot? I find it too be good but not fitting the characters. I was expecting super cartoonish art like the last two Rocket and Groot series.

Those books aren't out yet bro. We can't buy them :(. Digital stays losing.

Also I love the art in rocket and Groot. His two issues were the best issues of the Rocket Raccoon book.

At this point I don't know what would save Catwoman. I hope she gets a #1 in this reboot and a high profile creative team.

Happy New Years comic gaf.

If there was a yearly challenge for comic books what would it be?

Like the 50 books 50 movies 1 year challenge?

shingi70

Banned
Excited for Power Rangers but truth be told I always hoped any new power rangers comic would be American adaptions of the older sentai.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love this totally Awesome Hulk art

theres a flying bus there by the way. what the fuck is going on in this comic lol. is this more of a comedy series then, shades of she hulk / squirrel girl / surfver and whatnot?

speaking of what the fuck comics, wtf is going on in Vision? that comic looks creepy as shit

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh lord that uncanny #1 preview....

Landpls

You-must-stop-GIF.gif

VanWinkle

That would require us to read comics instead of just buying them and talking about stuff here lol.

Speaking of which, what would you estimate your backlog to be? I would guess I have twenty trades and fifteen hardcovers that I still need to read. I bought 15 trades off somebody for a dollar each about a month ago and that set me back.

Speaking of which, what would you estimate your backlog to be? I would guess I have twenty trades and fifteen hardcovers that I still need to read. I bought 15 trades off somebody for a dollar each about a month ago and that set me back.
With all the CMX sales and some IST orders I've lost count. But it's a lot. Not as bad as my game collection

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
And now I begin my (usually) annual LOTR Extended Edition marathon. All movies, one day. Let the 12 hour epic quest begin!

I rewatched the Hobbit movies the other day, might watch Fellowship extended tonight

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Around 100 Trades, OHCs and Omnis.
Maybe more.

Messi

About 150 single issues on Comixology, I Yo Yo between 100-150issues and trades I couldn't count. I have do much shit I've bought and never read. I went to buy a book today and looked at my shelf and it was already there. Fuck.

Owzers

About 150 single issues on Comixology and trades I couldn't count. I have do much shit I've bought and never read. I went to buy a book today and looked at my shelf and it was already there. Fuck.

That's the best. But did that encourage you to read it, or did you continue to leave it on the shelf?

does anyone here have any experience shipping a large quantity of hardcovers/deluxe editions? I'm looking at shipping around 17 pounds of books. Media mail looks to be really cheap, but I'm not completely sure if it qualifies.

Owzers

does anyone here have any experience shipping a large quantity of hardcovers/deluxe editions? I'm looking at shipping around 17 pounds of books. Media mail looks to be really cheap, but I'm not completely sure if it qualifies.

In theory it's supposed to qualify, regular floppies do not however because they contain ads. IST uses media mail to ship trades. Would you send IST to jail?

Rhaknar

Messi you still have a soul in this community instead of a black piece of hatred filled lump of coal like everyone else, you like fun things

hows Amadeus Hulk?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Messi you still have a soul in this community instead of a black piece of hatred filled lump of coal like everyone else, you like fun things

hows Amadeus Hulk?

I know you didn't ask me, but I think he's pretty great

I enjoyed TAH #1

Tizoc

hows Amadeus Hulk?

Wow, I go away for a few weeks and suddenly Messi is faking being a jerk.
That silly little child and his silly little antics.

Top Bottom