• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Messi

I didn't think the first issue was that bad. Granted, I really enjoyed Valentine's work, but it's also nice to see Selina return to her "Catwoman" status.

Not bad, not good just there... And to me that is not enough for Catwoman anymore.

shingi70

Banned
I just finished Jedi and Force Awakens the other day. I don't think I need the prequels anymore. There is only pain there from what I understand.

The prequels are cool, Clones is the only one I think is a actual bad movie. Now Clone Wars the TV series is awesome, has a ton of strong female characters, and does a good job of being the political War drama that Lucas wanted the films to be. You also get a more likeable Anikan and get a more characterization of why he would fall too the darkside aside from what happens in Revenge.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The prequels are cool, Clones is the only one I think is a actual bad movie. Now Clone Wars the TV series is awesome, has a ton of strong female characters, and does a good job of being the political War drama that Lucas wanted the films to be. You also get a more likeable Anikan and get a more characterization of why he would fall too the darkside aside from what happens in Revenge.

Yeah they're great if you like bad acting, worse dialogue, and shitty superfluous CGI.

Owzers

I just finished Jedi and Force Awakens the other day. I don't think I need the prequels anymore. There is only pain there from what I understand.

You should totally try the prequels. They are goofy bad but i think you might like them somehow

NMFried

Seconding Wonder Woman.

Also

Demon Knights, Gotham Academy and Lemire's Animal Man.

Wonder Woman has been added! I heard the more recent stuff is bleh though. Does the beginning focus on Steve Trevor more? I always thought their relationship in the N52 was interesting.

-Justice League Dark through Lemire's run. After that be done.
-Earth 2, followed by Earth 2: World's End

I've started Red Lanterns and Supergirl and so far I enjoy both. Also Johns' run on Green Lantern is mostly godlike, though the ending leaves much to be desired.

Forever Evil is dope as fuck

I did read through Forever Evil and loved it. It reminded me a lot of Dark Reign on Marvel's side. Justice League Dark is downloaded on my comixology, so will have to get through that.

That's the first time I've heard Earth 2. Will look into it!

Join me in the Old 52 and pick up Chuck Dixon's Nightwing, Robin, and Birds of Prey!

Oh trust me, I'm all in on Nightwing at least. Will check out Birds of Prey though!

Owzers

It's a line from the prequels

I pushed it out of my memory, thanks comics-gaf.

Messi should still watch them.

Almost done with Zero vol1 reread, still great comics. I think i'm going to watch some more of Clone Wars season one next netflix time. I saw Let Us Prey and Harbringer Down recently, both were acceptable but Let Us Prey stood out as a Carpenter-esque entertaining movie.

Messi

It's a line from the prequels

Oh. I have to be careful not to watch too much star wars too quickly or I will get sick of it. I'm gonna watch the last two episodes of Narcos tonight and then Tron. I'll check out the cartoons when I feel like watching more.

Owzers

People should probably read Zero, it's quite good. I don't usually stay interested in "agency" type books but the art style coupled with how fast it moves, the plot stays interesting and it's all kinds of adjectives that i don't like typing - shocking and gripping, etc. Prepare to be gripped.

Reread of volume 1 done, time to reread the first issue of vol 2 and beyond later tonight.

Messi

All I want is a few issues where Selina is happy to be Catwoman and not so super serious. I am not looking for a hijinks book as I don't think it would work but please let her go back to enjoying being in the suit. Getting a bit sick of angry depressing Selina.

VanWinkle

Around 100 Trades, OHCs and Omnis.
Maybe more.

Holy crap, Gameproff, why?

All I want is a few issues where Selina is happy to be Catwoman and not so super serious. I am not looking for a hijinks book as I don't think it would work but please let her go back to enjoying being in the suit. Getting a bit sick of angry depressing Selina.

The Brubaker series encapsulated that tone perfectly, too. Got serious when it needed to be, but it wasn't all drama all the time.

She seemed pretty happy to be back in the suit in the latest issue, I thought.

Granted, things went sideways pretty quickly, but still.

shingi70

Banned
Yeah they're great if you like bad acting, worse dialogue, and shitty superfluous CGI.

I like the characters, world, and overall story beats of them. Love the fact that the Jedi weren't killed by some battle for all eternity, but were simply out polticed by the Sith.

Owzers

I like the characters, world, and overall story beats of them. Love the fact that the Jedi weren't killed by some battle for all eternity, but were simply out polticed by the Sith.

Trump watched the prequels and thought " it's that easy?"

Riptwo

After selling my Surface Pro 3 a few months ago due to the comixology app situation, I finally bought an iPad Pro. The screen goes on forever -- and -- oh my God! -- it’s full of stars!

Finally got round to finishing the first Grayson trade. It was good. I really enjoyed that Future's End issue where it goes back in time a bit on each page.

Good job on the thread Tyrant although there is more anime in it than there is regret in the average sillymonkey post

Nonsense. Anime is life.

Messi you still have a soul in this community instead of a black piece of hatred filled lump of coal like everyone else, you like fun things

I only hate bad things
like Tess Fowler art

I think you should at least watch Episode I, just as an experiment. Episode I is unlike the other prequels in that it really doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie, so watch it under the assumption that it isn't. It's pretty entertaining in that regard.

<3 <3

I'm so behind on comics. Focusing on beating some games by the GOTY deadline.

I have like, four games I haven't finished yet. That's unheard of for me. I never have a backlog.

All I want is a few issues where Selina is happy to be Catwoman and not so super serious.

You're reading the wrong comic about the wrong character in that case, m8.

After selling my Surface Pro 3 a few months ago due to the comixology app situation, I finally bought an iPad Pro. The screen goes on forever -- and -- oh my God! -- it’s full of stars!
Welcome friend to the iPad pro comic reading club. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

Finished LOTR Fellowship. Like the books it's always my favorite. It's the closest I think I'll ever see to a well produced D&D movie. The diverse party, tombs, etc.

Next up the Two Towers!

Owzers

Fellowship is soooooooo good. Then Two Towers was kinda good. Then Return of the King....then the Hobbit movies.....

Messi

I get that Selina is a serious character but is she exempt from having fun at all? Same thing happens to black widow. If it's all grim and pain I lose interest as I don't see any reason that character would keep on fighting. Even during Nocentis run Selina had moments where she loved what she was doing. In layman's issue she is just straight up robbing a high society party because why not. Even though she is being played by batman it's still fun.

I get that Selina is a serious character but is she exempt from having fun at all? Same thing happens to black widow.

YES.

9QzkAr7.png

oh man, you're making me remember those shitty D&D movies they showed on Syfy.
Yea I don't acknowledge those exist. I really thought after LOTR we would see this influx of awesome fantasy novels turned into movies (fantasy books is my favorite book genre) but NOPE. Why? No one knows. Hollywood copycats everything but that.

I might crack open some of my D&D comics or pathfinder comics I got on CMX sales after this.

Yea I don't acknowledge those exist. I really thought after LOTR we would see this influx of awesome fantasy novels turned into movies (fantasy books is my favorite book genre) but NOPE. Why? No one knows. Hollywood copycats everything but that.

I might crack open some of my D&D comics or pathfinder comics I got on CMX sales after this.

I don't know. I mean, I read a lot of fantasy novels at one point and have to admit that there's certainly a lot of similarities from one to the next, not just because they're all part of the same genre. But there's not really a ton of variation based on what I've read. It may just be that Science-fiction is more popular at the moment.

I don't know. I mean, I read a lot of fantasy novels at one point and have to admit that there's certainly a lot of similarities from one to the next, not just because they're all part of the same genre. But there's not really a ton of variation based on what I've read. It may just be that Science-fiction is more popular at the moment.

Fantasy is really pricy.

About to play a shitload of Batman: Arkham Knight DLC.
I brought it to work with me. It was the first new 52 Supergirl trade .
How do you like it? I thought it was pretty neat. The art is fucking dope.
Messi you still have a soul in this community instead of a black piece of hatred filled lump of coal like everyone else, you like fun things

hows Amadeus Hulk?
I did read through Forever Evil and loved it. It reminded me a lot of Dark Reign on Marvel's side. Justice League Dark is downloaded on my comixology, so will have to get through that.

That's the first time I've heard Earth 2. Will look into it!

Oh trust me, I'm all in on Nightwing at least. Will check out Birds of Prey though!
I'm the only one here that pushes Earth 2. Also I would not recommend New 52 Nightwing, but if you do read it, then stop after Barrows is off the book (artist). He was the best part of it.
Now THIS is podracing!
EDIT: Shit wrong tab!.......uhhhhhhh Blink Blink Blink!
I get that Selina is a serious character but is she exempt from having fun at all? Same thing happens to black widow. If it's all grim and pain I lose interest as I don't see any reason that character would keep on fighting. Even during Nocentis run Selina had moments where she loved what she was doing. In layman's issue she is just straight up robbing a high society party because why not. Even though she is being played by batman it's still fun.
I never found her to be a serious character until Year One. I always found her to be one of the more lighthearted parts of any Bat book.

You don't remember?

Top Bottom