• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

DC really needs to fix Red Robin's costume. It's been 4 years now. It would take like five minutes to fix. The yellow belt X thing across his body should be a black X that's apart of the suit. Give him a more traditional cape but with a hood. Yellow belt to break up the top and bottom. The yellow arm bands need to go. Cape should be red on the inside and black on the outside.

It's way to busy of a suit.

Tell me more about your costume designs

He's 100% right though Messi.

i didnt know there were ppl who dont listen to hip hop

also, should i watch Rogue Cut or regular DoFP tonight? only saw it once in theatres a while back

I had a friend that said he can't listen to rap because he can't relate to it. Then I pointed out he listens to The Clash which is mostly angry British youth music that was made for outsiders. Then I went on to point out he is a spoiled rich kid that has a bunch of friends.

He got really upset because I told him afterwards he just has a problem with what kind of person is rapping and not what the music is about.

That weasel couldn't sing if her life depended on it.

britbritaintamused.gif

DC really needs to fix Red Robin's costume. It's been 4 years now. It would take like five minutes to fix. The yellow belt X thing across his body should be a black X that's apart of the suit. Give him a more traditional cape but with a hood. Yellow belt to break up the top and bottom. The yellow arm bands need to go. Cape should be red on the inside and black on the outside.

It's way to busy of a suit.

So basically what Damian is currently wearing?

Boogiepop

So, finished and for the most part enjoyed Annihilation: Conquest. Only part that dragged/felt kind of crap to me was the Wraith mini. Just so very, very try-hard, without much of substance or interest there. Did the character even make it out of this event to at least see his plot-threads through? Oh, and it suffers from that whole giant build up to the big bad and how intimidating he is and then he just kind of goes down in a page or two, which is disappointing.

But yeah, mostly enjoyed it and there's some very nice stuff in that book. Though I do kind of wish Ultron would've been revealed earlier so he could've had more of a presence, at least. (Not counting that as a spoiler as it's on the awesome cover of the book. Also, (and I'm assuming this is thanks to them prioritizing keeping things neatly ordered and together), one of the Phalanx totally refers to "The great Ultron" or whatever casually before the actual reveal, at least with the way the omnibus is laid out.

Oh, and just out of curiosity: In the profiles in the back of the book they have a big old list of all the people who were Captain Universe, which taught me that apparently there must have been a mini-run or something in 2006 where it bounced around to a variety of superheroes. That any good?

So Storm Chamber, JC, Myself vs The ComicGAF Universe?

I don't dislike it or anything, I just don't listen to very much of it, or much music in general, and when I do listen I don't really concentrate on it. I mostly listen to podcasts, audio dramas or the talk stations on radio.

You know the sequence in that Matt Fraction Spider-Man story where he makes a mix tape, but it's all science lectures? That's me.

I thought it was heading for your number one spot. What happened? Did the ending chapters really fuck up that badly?

In Doom Patrol hit you with an emotional response. It hit you with a message. He hit you with a point to the story. It made you reflect upon the journey the characters had seen and how much they grew. Swamp Things story was beautifully done and it's point was made earlier in the story so by the time you got to the end, Moore was just tying up loose ends and kind of summarizing his point that we already knew.

PsychBat!

Banned
I had a friend that said he can't listen to rap because he can't relate to it. Then I pointed out he listens to The Clash which is mostly angry British youth music that was made for outsiders. Then I went on to point out he is a spoiled rich kid that has a bunch of friends.

He got really upset because I told him afterwards he just has a problem with what kind of person is rapping and not what the music is about.

Cool.

I don't listen to rap cuz it's not my thing and surprisingly despite my financial status and shit i've gone through as a kid, teen and even now, I can't relate. Hell, even the flows and beat isn't something I can move my head or body to. It's just noise to me.

but for everyone else, keep thinking I am white. It helps me identify the assholes.

Just finished my IST order. This one was hard for some reason. I was trying to keep it under a certain price this week. Kipp, how do you live like that!?

PRISON SCHOOL GN (MR)
EAST OF WEST TP VOL 04 WHO WANTS WAR
GREEN ARROW TP VOL 04 THE KILL MACHINE (N52)
GREEN ARROW TP VOL 05 OUTSIDERS WAR (N52)
GREEN ARROW TP VOL 06 BROKEN (N52)
DEATH DEFYING DR MIRAGE TP

How did I do everybody? :D

Messi

Just finished my IST order. This one was hard for some reason. I was trying to keep it under a certain price this week. Kipp, how do you live like that!?

PRISON SCHOOL GN (MR)
EAST OF WEST TP VOL 04 WHO WANTS WAR
GREEN ARROW TP VOL 04 THE KILL MACHINE (N52)
GREEN ARROW TP VOL 05 OUTSIDERS WAR (N52)
GREEN ARROW TP VOL 06 BROKEN (N52)
DEATH DEFYING DR MIRAGE TP

How did I do everybody? :D

I find the lack of Harley disturbing. Have you shunned your roots?

Prison School is finally out this week? Awesome.

Gonna make an order with that, Hellboy Library Edition 3, BPRD Plague of Frogs 1, and probably Batmanga volume 2.

Prison School looks strictly anime avatar girl only. Have fun, Tryant Rave friend

some October 2015 Image solicitations, aint got no pictures tho, dat budget. Paper Girls comes out that month

PAPER GIRLS #1
STORY: BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
ART: CLIFF CHIANG & MATT WILSON
COVER: CLIFF CHIANG
OCTOBER 7 / 48 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

SAGA writer BRIAN K. VAUGHAN launches a brand-new ONGOING SERIES with superstar Wonder Woman artist CLIFF CHIANG! In the early hours after Halloween of 1988, four 12-year-old newspaper delivery girls uncover the most important story of all time. Stand By Me meets War of the Worlds in this mysterious young adult adventure, starting with a spectacular DOUBLE-SIZED FIRST ISSUE for the regular price of just $2.99!

Zombine

Banned
Actually, no sex as of yet. Not even in the manga.

Wait till they all show him their monster buttholes. The Will wouldn't know what to do with himself.

dredd5.jpg

Look at this though...isn't it the best deal on history? That's like 5 Magic The Gathering cards on a single page.

Do we know if Dredd is tournament legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom