• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, anyone got a suggestion for a comic like the new Archie?

If you can get past the art style, someone here compared Archie to this and I agree:
1531325-spm_lv_mj__sc.jpg

It's all on MU I think

Chip always writes the best solicitations

KAPTARA, VOL. 1: FEAR NOT, TINY ALIEN
STORY: CHIP ZDARSKY
ART / COVER: KAGAN McLEOD

OCTOBER 21 / 128 PAGES / FC / T+ / $9.98

HOLY COW THE CHEAPEST IMAGE TRADE YET AT $9.98! That's "Chip Cheap™"!
Keith Kanga crash lands on KAPTARA, a world filled with danger and weird danger and dangerous weirdos! And if he can't survive, then Earth, the place where YOU live, is doomed! Come check out this sci-fi comedy from CHIP ZDARSKY (Sex Criminals) and KAGAN McLEOD (Infinite Kung-Fu) that everyone is calling "published!"

Collects KAPTARA #1-5

Boogiepop

So wait, with the MU penny deal thing, am I going to have to cancel my MU, then resubscribe using that deal? Otherwise, I believe it should renew on the 16th, since that's two months from when I first started it (let it renew once). So I need to cancel it, like, tomorrow night?

MG310

Come on man, at least make it a zombie.

11700552_859092804127477_2308675789592156292_o.jpg

Bill Sienkiewicz

One of the bits of 'buzz' I was informed of at SDCC this year- by Neal and Buzz Da Artist as a matter of fact - was something I'd only heard of marginally on social media. I'd missed it due to deadlines and prepping for the show.

I'm not much for the 'jump on the bandwagon' school of bashing fellow pros. Comics and illustration is a tough field, a tough life's choice to pursue, and I give props to anyone trying to make an honest go of it.

Key word here is honest.

Left is a 30x40 in painting I did in the early 90's for a Superman exhibition in Nebraska. Right is a print for sale by this ....other guy... By the way-- Supes's thighs are courtesy of Frank Frazetta.

I'm not gonna even say his name.
Just
Shame on you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So wait, with the MU penny deal thing, am I going to have to cancel my MU, then resubscribe using that deal? Otherwise, I believe it should renew on the 16th, since that's two months from when I first started it (let it renew once). So I need to cancel it, like, tomorrow night?

Does that even work? It says it's for new users. I guess you can use a new email or something

Anyone picking up Book of Death tomorrow?

Might have to break my no floppies rule to get that and that retailer incentive comic... bugger, they sure know how to get me. :/

Why does that sound familiar? What is it about?

It's the new Valiant event. The question was mostly directed at like the 2 other people in here up to date with Valiant stuff (who I think are Birdie and Rafa lol).

their approach to Legend of the Geomancers is too dope for me not to get it

Yeah, too true. Hoping for some Kay in that, though I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not sure if you've read The Valiant or not yet, but read that before getting into Book of Death; it's a direct sequel.

headshot95

Neo Member
Finished the first volume of Superior Foes of Spiderman and thought, "wow that was great, I'll order the other two volumes right now!" Five minutes after placing my order I see the Superior Foes Omnibus listed in the October Marvel solicitations..... oh well. Doesn't come out till 2016 so I'll probably just get the hardcover and give away the trades, but still...what timing lol

Finished the first volume of Superior Foes of Spiderman and thought, "wow that was great, I'll order the other two volumes right now!" Five minutes after placing my order I see the Superior Foes Omnibus listed in the October Marvel solicitations..... oh well. Doesn't come out till 2016 so I'll probably just get the hardcover and give away the trades, but still...what timing lol

lmao at this happening twice today

check solicits before placing orders, friends

We've known a Superior Foes HC was coming for months, we only just got the solicit today. I thought the Green Arrow Lemire ("you're a real green arrow ollie") HC was already previously announced too?

Anyways, I got my Bartkira exhibition book today and it's awesome:
Probably the most indie book I have besides Copra. You can check out more on their website

We've known a Superior Foes HC was coming for months, we only just got the solicit today. I thought the Green Arrow Lemire ("you're a real green arrow ollie") HC was already previously announced too?

Probably the most indie book I have besides Copra. You can check out more on their website

where do buy one of these?

if theyre still doing it, I might submit a page. I'd make it as rad possible

keiichi

Is that from here? http://floatingworldcomics.com/shop/art-books/bartkira

I didn't know how bad I needed this until I saw it

Every day, I'm a little more impressed with Tryant Rave purchasing habits than the last.

Then he talks to me on twitter about buying Idolmaster and that shit disappears like tears in rain

Zombine

Banned
So I'm watching The Rogue Cut version of DOFP and they make you pick which version you want to watch. I'm about 20 minutes in and haven't seen any new scenes yet. I feel like I clicked on the wrong cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom