• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anything has me SUPER stoked but there's some pretty cool stuff. notables for me are:

Virgil
Snotgirl
Cry Havoc
Crosswind
Ringside
Codename Baboushka
Heartless
Expired
Sunset Park
White Coal

that's a good amount of cool looking shit

Hickman's got 3 image books, Remender's soon to have 4, Fraction's got his projects and there's the Brubaker/Philips deal.

Far as I can see they've all already got things announced and out there.
Yeah true. Not a bad conference

PsychBat!

Banned
RIP Cape books

image.php

Cape books aren't going anywhere. But I do find myself much more interested in non-cape books these days. There will always be superhero comics that grab my attention, but I like that I have so many options for when I'm not in a mood for them.

Cape books aren't going anywhere.

except the remainder bin

marvel had a chance to ride their creatowave of sw tie ins into limitlessness but turfed out
dc has a shot
image best are moving to showrunners
boom dh and idw dont pay enough

bprd is all that's left

but it's really all we need

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Cape books aren't going anywhere. But I do find myself much more interested in non-cape books these days. There will always be superhero comics that grab my attention, but I like that I have so many options for when I'm not in a mood for them.
Its just shitty when Cape Books only get bad creative teams.
I am more interested in the three thousand encounter between Joker and Batman as in a book about wrestling. And I only bought a book like Sex Criminals because I loved the hell out of Fractions Iron Man. Would have touched the book otherwise.

PsychBat!

Banned
except the remainder bin

marvel had a chance to ride their creatowave of sw tie ins into limitlessness but turfed out
dc has a shot
image best are moving to showrunners
boom dh and idw dont pay enough

bprd is all that's left

but it's really all we need

Lets just enjoy the SW tie ins while it lasts. About 95% are actually good and have legs.

Tell us how you really feel about Robert Gill.

Then pretend he's part of this group and you have to explain yourself.

i don't like his art?
i'll say that to anyone.
i'm sure he works hard on it.
i'm sure will sliney does too.
but they both have a real problem with dynamic action and are both put on books with...you guessed it...
dynamic action.

i'll always get and enjoy valiant but let's face it
their big event book
is being drawn
by robert gill

Who?

I mean, there are some Valiant books I'm tempted to try, but it's a bit daunting with them being so far in at this point. Saying nothing of the fact I already read a ton of books as it is.

tim1138

hey guys I have a great pitch for a book, it's what would happen if Passion of the Christ met Star Wars!

Seriously though, I'm so tired of the "it's basically x meets y!" pitch. I'm just gonna go ahead and blame Millar

hey guys I have a great pitch for a book, it's what would happen if Passion of the Christ met Star Wars!

Seriously though, I'm so tired of the "it's basically x meets y!" pitch. I'm just gonna go ahead and blame Millar

my reaction to those pitches are basically "suck" meets "my dick"

or a bit of "shut" mixed with "the fuck up"

Zombine

Banned
A one off issue of Walking Dead by BKV that'll
Be available digitally only with a "pay what you want" price point. Sounds like it'll have no bearing on the universe at all.

Tizoc

pretty sony conference from image.
a few big guns that were hot but mostly snooze

now that marvel is down the tubes where's my xboxone of comics?

oh right. bprd/hellboy forever.

at least they'll never let me down

Hold up
Hoooooold up
Are you not reading Daredevil?

I remember some editor on Twitter last year complained to creators to stop pitching their ideas infusing True Detective meets X. He pretty much said it would be an instant no.

ReAxion

People need/people think other people need explanations based on familiar concepts. It's why "uber but for [term]" is a popular google search, why we call them smartphones and they're barely phones.

it's often inaccurate.

That's how people usually come up with ideas.

tim1138

Which one y'all jokers posted this in the comments for Multiversity Comics review of the last issue of Zero?

All I can say is that my OPINION is 100% opposite of yours. Nonsensical babble meaning nothing in the end is not what I read comics for. I can think philosophically in my own mind without aid of any stimulus. Comics should be fun, Pure joy escapism fun. And deep comics can be fun (see TWD). Ales Kot is neither deep or fun. Ales Kot you are done...

Also it's kinda cute that Jason Aaron and RM Guera think that they can just encroach on Rob Liefeld and Matt Horak's territory like that

Who?

I mean, there are some Valiant books I'm tempted to try, but it's a bit daunting with them being so far in at this point. Saying nothing of the fact I already read a ton of books as it is.
idk but he sounds like a jobber

Valiant is weird because they relaunch with new #1s more than Marvel yet at the same time carry over the same writers and continue the stories a lot of the time. I agree it's kinda daunting even though each new series is probably new reader friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom