• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, there are some Valiant books I'm tempted to try, but it's a bit daunting with them being so far in at this point. Saying nothing of the fact I already read a ton of books as it is.

It's not that bad. There are a bunch of good jumping on points and they usually start a run with a set amount of issues planned.

The walking dead is about as deep a soup spoon

yo where's the Birdie that thinks everything is amazing?

The walking dead is about as deep a soup spoon

we-are-the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-comic.jpeg

rly makes u think

It's not that bad. There are a bunch of good jumping on points and they usually start a run with a set amount of issues planned.

yo where's the Birdie that thinks everything is amazing?

Everything that Adlard draws is amazing but never forget Kirkman once had a school principal recite his office hours on panel.

But also all those guys that made that one Daredevil arc complete shit.

:D

This assessment is not just silly it's also wrong there are no bad daredevil arcs. Plus "those guys" made frankencastle the best ever and mrs dead pool has barely even started

I keep seeing people say this and it's like are you even reading the comic that already started THAT IS BASICALLY THIS COMIC?

It's lazier than marvel planning a line wide revamp

My comment wasn't really directed at TWD criticism, I happen to agree with you on that. lol

Just in general today.

What's to get excited about?
You know what I'm excited about? I bought all these hellboyverse books on CMX and what I'm doing is going through a pretty serious new comics backlog and after ever new comic I read one issue of my hellboy BPRD reread.
So
New comic
Hellboy
New comic
Hellboy
New comic
Hellboy

That's how you get excited about comics.

arkon

This assessment is not just silly it's also wrong there are no bad daredevil arcs. Plus "those guys" made frankencastle the best ever and mrs dead pool has barely even started

I keep seeing people say this and it's like are you even reading the comic that already started THAT IS BASICALLY THIS COMIC?

It's lazier than marvel planning a line wide revamp

shadowland

hey guys I have a great pitch for a book, it's what would happen if Passion of the Christ met Star Wars!

Seriously though, I'm so tired of the "it's basically x meets y!" pitch. I'm just gonna go ahead and blame Millar
I can get started on your Muppets meets Jurassic Park logline.

tim1138

I have a new Filthy Slug approved pitch, it's called Gravity Park. It's Jurassic Park meets Gravity where a lone Utahraptor must beat the odds and survive being marooned in space. I think it's gonna be my big break.

Image should use the Marvel Creative Team generator for X meets Y pitches. "Alright, the book you're doing must be described as *shakes hat*:.... Breaking Bad, meets... The Seventh Seal! Good luck, Josh Williamson!"

fauxtrot

Banned
I, for one, welcome our new Image overlords.

You had a shot, Marvel, and it looks like you're about to blow it. How can the Secret Wars tie-ins be so creative and (mostly) worth my time when the All-New All-Different titles sound like (mostly) dog doo?

PsychBat!

Banned
I, for one, welcome our new Image overlords.

You had a shot, Marvel, and it looks like you're about to blow it. How can the Secret Wars tie-ins be so creative and (mostly) worth my time when the All-New All-Different titles sound like (mostly) dog doo?

Yeah, most of these titles have lukewarm creative teams that I'm really only excited for several of these titles.

Oh my, all in on Black Magick.

Rucka recounted how he initially arrived at Image, saying that he first talked to Image partner Robert Kirkman about doing a series with the creator-driven publisher. While "Lazarus" came into existence first, Rucka revealed that "Black Magick" was what he initially discussed with Kirkman back in 2009 at WonderCon. Scott has been attached to the project since 2010.

"Black Magick" is set to launch in October with the plan being to publish nine issues a year and for the series to run for 30 issues total.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...tural-police-procedural-black-magick-to-image (WARNING: contains NSFW artwork)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom