• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Think I'm going to order a couple of these....helps that the Euro and USD are pretty close right now.

http://sibylline.tictail.com

101302-906dad6eed4f4ca8b8b7dbf90a5aea6a.jpeg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
once SW ends i need to change the avy up

fingers crossed Staples draws a good Raj before she leaves Archie

Archer & Armstrong is good, like really friggin' good. It didn't click with me at first, but I feel like it just kept going up from the first issue. All these ridiculous conspiracy and occult situations lead to some really hilarious moments and character interactions. I could read about these two bozos all damn day and not get bored.

oh man, i gotta get to this at some point

might put harbinger on hold and switch gears to this for a bit

how important are the two Bloodshot issues for the Mission: Improbable crossover?

Owzers

Why would someone recommend Arby's if it us shit. Why do you hate me :(

In my land Arby's is kind of an ongoing joke on the Daily Show but i do like their commercials. Do not eat at Arby's.

I ate at arby's a few times when i was younger, i used to like their beef and cheddars with the arby's sauce. I tried making an imitation of the sauce through an online recipe and put it on my own roast beast....tis kinda good.

Why would someone recommend Arby's if it us shit. Why do you hate me :(

dude no joke, I've eaten at Arby's twice in my life. I got insanely sick both times. It is the worst.

oh man, i gotta get to this at some point

might put harbinger on hold and switch gears to this for a bit

Definitely something to read if you want something with a good sense of humor and just absolutely ridiculous at times.

Bloodshot issues for Harbinger Wars?

EDIT: saw your edit. Yeah, I don't know, I'm not far enough into either series yet. :/

What's that first one about? I've never heard of it.
From the Amazon page:

Mark's out of the military, these days, with his boring, safe civilian job doing explosives consulting. But you never really get away from war. So it feels inevitable when his old army buddy Jason comes calling, with a lucrative military contract for a mining job in an obscure South-East Asian country called Quanlom. They'll have to operate under the radar--Quanlom is being torn apart by civil war, and the US military isn't strictly supposed to be there.

With no career prospects and a baby on the way, Mark finds himself making the worst mistake of his life and signing on with Jason. What awaits him in Quanlom is going to change everything.
What awaits him in Quanlom is weirdness of the highest order: a civil war led by ten-year-old twins wielding something that looks a lot like magic, leading an army of warriors who look a lot like gods.
What awaits him in Quanlom is an actual goddamn dragon.

I bought this on random. I liked the art from the preview and I've liked other First Second published books.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Definitely something to read if you want something with a good sense of humor and just absolutely ridiculous at times.

Bloodshot issues for Harbinger Wars?

EDIT: saw your edit. Yeah, I don't know, I'm not far enough into either series yet. :/

we'll get through this together

we'll get through this together

I just saw they threw in those Bloodshot issues into the A&A trade. Kinda hard to say how important they are without reading them.

Might be a bit before I can get my hands on the next few A&A trades to find out. Blew the last bit of my money on the Blooshot vol 1 OHC, and Hellboy and Kabuki library editions.

Got my Hellboys in tho

BPRD was the only hold up but they let me refund that so it was good. Just went to the shop and picked it up to deal with it.

That feeling is every fucking order for me, except ironically the last one that only contained manga.

Also, how is Mind MGMT? Kindt's Valiant stuff has me curious about him.

Mind MGMT is pretty damn good, I suggest just picking up the first volume and going in blind, the one thing probably bad about it is the art might take some getting used to. I'll be honest it was a little unsettling to me at first but it really grew on me.

Messi

I read Marvel Zombines vs Ultron #1. Art was great, loved the beginning and had lost interest by the end. Not sure if I will bother with the rest.

Also read Renew Your Vows #1. Peter being the piece of shit I always knew he was. But he wasn't acting like 616 Peter so I am sure this stuff will be wiped out after secret wars. the calendar that the beginning saying May was a cruel joke. Story was mildly interesting, I already own #2 so I will read that. Kubert sure does love those vertical panels doesn't he?

Mind MGMT is pretty damn good, I suggest just picking up the first volume and going in blind, the one thing probably bad about it is the art might take some getting used to. I'll be honest it was a little unsettling to me at first but it really grew on me.

I'm already familiar with his art from when I read 3 Story.

But what is the plot of Mind MGMT like?

Yousefb

Closest available comparison to X-Men is his Justice League United run, which was decent if pretty safe.

His Hawkeye, however? Baaaaaaad. Like, not even "bad when compared to the GAME CHANGING Aja-Eliopoulos-Fraction-Francavilla-Hollingsworth-Pulido-Wu run", just "I see your ideas and what you're trying to bring up but while this looks clever as all hell thanks to the two distinct coloring styles of Herring and Pérez, your writing is incredibly ham-fisted and all kinds of predictable, and lacks the authorial voice or the heart of the previous run" bad
Oh damn really? I got the impression that people were excited for him to be on the books. I've never to subscribed to any X-books (but have read a bunch of collected trades) so this was going to be my first. We'll see how it goes.

I read Marvel Zombines vs Ultron #1. Art was great, loved the beginning and had lost interest by the end. Not sure if I will bother with the rest.

Also read Renew Your Vows #1. Peter being the piece of shit I always knew he was. But he wasn't acting like 616 Peter so I am sure this stuff will be wiped out after secret wars. the calendar that the beginning saying May was a cruel joke. Story was mildly interesting, I already own #2 so I will read that. Kubert sure does love those vertical panels doesn't he?
Alright I'm confused about something. Some of the characters that appear throughout Battleworld, such as Peter in Renew Your Vows or Tony in Technopolis (or whatever it's called), are those the 616 versions? Or are they alternative versions? Because I know Peter appeared in SW#1 (still didn't finish #2) so is he the same guy in Renew Your Vows? Lol

And play The Wolf Among Us?

You probably don't need to play that.
It does at least give insight into
what happened to Ichabod to cause him to leave Fabletown in the first place.
Best thing about Nu52 Nightwing was the suit. lol
Must be a garbage run then, just like that suit.
Are you new friend? I don't have you on a list yet.
Am..am I on a list? And if so, what is this list that I'm on?
I see no reason not too tbh
Uh huh
Has anyone talked about how great Hellboy is?
Every goddamn day

Messi

No one gets to know what list is what.
you are on a positive list

Renew your vows #2 was muuuuuuuuuuuch better than #1. Great stuff all around and convinced me to stay with this one for as long as it goes. Art is much more solid too. Great to see a big selection of villains.

Oh damn really? I got the impression that people were excited for him to be on the books. I've never to subscribed to any X-books (but have read a bunch of collected trades) so this was going to be my first. We'll see how it goes.

Alright I'm confused about something. Some of the characters that appear throughout Battleworld, such as Peter in Renew Your Vows or Tony in Technopolis (or whatever it's called), are those the 616 versions? Or are they alternative versions? Because I know Peter appeared in SW#1 (still didn't finish #2) so is he the same guy in Renew Your Vows? Lol

No I believe these are all different versions. It's confusing.

I actually like the artstyle from what I've seen. I'm wondering if DH might do some larger collections in the future, though.

Must be a garbage run then, just like that suit.

Basically. I like the way the suit looks in Arkham Knight, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom