• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
THORMA_4_PREVIE6.jpg

Thor
Spencer
Samnee
Winter 2016

Don't you dare tease the return of Thor: The Mighty Avenger without proof.

Zombine

Banned
Is this real? Please be real.

Yes and no. He Drew The Mighty Thor for a minute and it was dope. I can see them putting him back on Male Thor and giving him a funny book tying into his little universe.

This is just my guess. Whatever it is it'll be a monthly, it'll be with decent talent, and it won't be Black Widow. Lol.

I could see them pitching an Ant-Man/Thor Team Up.

Messi

I think we'll see Black Panther re-appear in a solo book closer to his reveal leading into his solo. If they're smart they'll think real hard before they pick a writer. I wanna see some fire Black talent on that book.

I'd be willing to bet it's one of the soon to be announced books.

He is in Civil War right? He is gonna have a book before that.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yes and no. He Drew The Mighty Thor for a minute and it was dope. I can see them putting him back on Male Thor and giving him a funny book tying into his little universe.

This is just my guess. Whatever it is it'll be a monthly, it'll be with decent talent, and it won't be Black Widow. Lol.

I could see them pitching an Ant-Man/Thor Team Up.

Ah, yeah. That was a nice little book. But I'm down for anything that Spencer puts out, and Samnee would just make it better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
RIP Dawn and Kirsten, the 2 best marvel females :(

Zombine

Banned
Best episode of True Detectives and that isn't saying much. It's surprising what happens when the show isn't encumbered by expositional bullcrap.

Neoxon

For anyone who cares, Hobby Lobby has received a new version of those hard posters for Marvel's 60's-80's heroes.

CK4Jme-WIAEIljX.jpg

Besides the obvious omissions of the X-Men & the F4 (which has been discussed to death by now), I'm surprised at the lack of Carol Danvers & any of the Guardians (as, while they did look different back then, the 5 in the first movie did exist back then).

Paging BKatastrophe

Caught up with the latest D.Gray-man and I'm just like

5wghxJj.jpg

The entire time as it was being explained I'm like "...wtf are you SAYING!?" because of my disbelief.

I've also read 10 volumes worth of this in two days and the mythos/lore in this series is just incredible. There are a lot of things to explore, and that whole deal with
the Heart having its own faction was surprising and very interesting direction to take the series.
Those
Apocryphos
remind me of Fullmetal Alchemist, and not just because the one looks like Shou Tucker. Well, I mean, besides that it takes place in 1900s Western Europe. lol

I have nothing against battle shonens, they're actually some of my favorite series, but I liked how this series moved away from that; it only really had one foot in that genre in the first place, but things are now structureless and unpredictable. Also, it somehow got even darker with the
Alma
storyline - that whole backstory was fucked up to the max.

Anyway, really happy with that last chapter. Not a lot of dialogue, but page-wise, it was about 3 monthly chapters long. I'd be ok with getting that length 4 times a year. I'm just glad it's back. I was happily reminded of why this has always been my favorite manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom