• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I was going to buy it all and then chickened out once i added the other 6 issues since it brought the price up past impulse. I then had thoughts and bought the first volume and i will read it and decide then. I hate buying stuff and feeling like i got to read it.

Saga #30- were to the next hiatus! Lots to wrap up as we made it to the next status quo. Still my favorite ongoing series. Every issue delivers.

Descender 2-4 man I want another lil Gotham series. Love Nguyens art and the story is still real good. Although this is a series I anticipate heartache and sadness

Copperhead #8 one of the stronger issues in the series. Actually I think 7 & 8 were a jump up in quality. Looking forward to the next issue. Which is a change for me and this one

CMX newish issue backlog counter: 23

Messi

Saga #30- were to the next hiatus! Lots to wrap up as we made it to the next status quo. Still my favorite ongoing series. Every issue delivers.

Descender 2-4 man I want another lil Gotham series. Love Nguyens art and the story is still real good. Although this is a series I anticipate heartache and sadness

Copperhead #8 one of the stronger issues in the series. Actually I think 7 & 8 were a jump up in quality. Looking forward to the next issue. Which is a change for me and this one

CMX newish issue backlog counter: 23

This second arc of Copperhead has built on the first really well and now it has become super compelling. I really need that next issue. I don't think many of us here read it sadly. I have been there since #1 and think it deserves more love.

Speaking of underappreciated Image titles, what's ComicGAF's general opinion of Revival? I read the first trade and thought the story was very good; art wasn't doing it for me though, so I haven't touched it since.

This second arc of Copperhead has built on the first really well and now it has become super compelling. I really need that next issue. I don't think many of us here read it sadly. I have been there since #1 and think it deserves more love.
Yup. It's doing the anti image book curve. Started slow but finding its footing as it goes on. I've always liked Faebers work. He can be hit or miss but usually more hit. Check out secret identities.

Injection #2 ahhh what is Ellis doing with his image books these days. Can anyone tell me what this book is about. Like it's well paced, has the Ellis great action Global Frequency thing going on spliced with crazy science stuff. But he's hell bet on writing a book with no exposition. Which I admire, I don't like a lot of exposition and want to dive in. But then could you just throw the terms, characters, etc in a splash page at the start?

Speaking of underappreciated Image titles, what's ComicGAF's general opinion of Revival? I read the first trade and thought the story was very good; art wasn't doing it for me though, so I haven't touched it since.
I enjoyed it but it started to feel directionless. So it was moved to CMX image sale status.

Zombine

Banned

I made it to issue #4 and then I kind of just forgot about it. I think at the time there was too much on my plate so I cut the fat.

Manifest Destiny is real good as well.

I read the first trade and thought it was pretty good. I like the cover of one of the girls jumping with Jesus.

That's about where I stand with the series.

It's not bad. I used to read it monthly but it's really easy to trade-wait. I swapped it for Lazarus, which I like a lot more.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Edit: not worth the fight

tumblr_nraq5qoZCW1runde6o1_500.gif

Finally got around to reading Justice League #42.

Pretty good! Tons of bombast and fury. The scale of the Darkseid war is in Crisis territory, I wonder if that's what it was originally planned as? The commentary in #40 (which I also just got around to reading) about how repeated universe-sundering events have stretched things to their limit was fun in a meta sort of way. I'm curious to see how much they pursue that (if at all).

Also curious about the
Bat-God
thing, though of course that'll last all of an arc. Still, has some potential for an interesting story while it sticks around.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I've never even heard her speak. I just follow her on Instagram and a few other cosplayers. So no I have never even seen her YouTube page.

Don't.

She's smoking hot and I follow her on Instagram too, but her youtube videos are so annoying. I hope it's an act.

Owzers

i read about 15 issues of Revival because my pre-orders accumulated before the great purge of 2014, i liked it but the plot in the second arc didn't seem to be doing enough to keep me interested.

Fairest vol 1, first two issues okay, if it doesn't close strong i might call it just from an overabundance of things i should read.

I made it to issue #4 and then I kind of just forgot about it. I think at the time there was too much on my plate so I cut the fat.

Manifest Destiny is real good as well.
I read the first issue, liked it and got a chunk during the holiday image sale. Still need to read it

Back to the backlog
Nameless #4 - man what a series. A what if Morrrison made event horizon? Great and disgusting stuff

I've read like 40 comics this weekend!

Also caught up on injustice and sensational comics. I'm starting to feel the injustice fatigue with year 4. I feel like they need to wrap it up soon. The wondy tale was ok but kind of Samey to a previous story a while back with Ares. Pretty good art though.

CMX newish backlog counter: 18

tim1138

I read the first issue, liked it and got a chunk during the holiday image sale. Still need to read it

Back to the backlog
Nameless #4 - man what a series. A what if Morrrison made event horizon? Great and disgusting stuff

I've read like 40 comics this weekend!

Also caught up on injustice and sensational comics. I'm starting to feel the injustice fatigue with year 4. I feel like they need to wrap it up soon. The wondy tale was ok but kind of Samey to a previous story a while back with Ares. Pretty good art though.

CMX newish backlog counter: 18

I can't believe Injustice is still a thing, let alone on year four

Did I see that it is ending in October ?

Just Year Four, there is a Year Five coming to finish up the story, since a fifth year would end just as the game's plot starts.

Speaking of Netherrealm game/comic things, has anyone kept up with the Mortal Kombat X comic? I'm considering catching up, because I need more of that story, and I miss Cassie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom