• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone read the final issue of Zero yet?

Yes.

If you caught my critique of zero 17 in the last thread, lets just say that i called
every single fucking thing that happens in this fucking issue.

Fucking Ales Kot. Dude's legit jerking off in front of the reader.

Also Where Monsters Dwell 2 is so damn good you guyze

zeeaykay

Yes.

If you caught my critique of zero 17 in the last thread, lets just say that i called

I can't tell if you think this is a good thing.

frye

iunno, excerpting parts of something for review purposes seems fine to me and it's not like it substitutes for the whole in the way scanning an article does

but yeah, probably should link that d00ds

Messi

iunno, excerpting parts of something for review purposes seems fine to me and it's not like it substitutes for the whole in the way scanning an article does

but yeah, probably should link that d00ds

Some of us avoid previews ect. Then someone comes in here day of release and posts panels with no warning. Books are short enough without people spoiling bits of it. We all know what the artists work looks like, we are all posting on a comic forum and if we don't we know where to find officially released previews. Everyone else can just talk about the issues and spoiler tag sensitive discussions (something we are usually good at, we spoilered a joke in squirrel girl today and not the events of secret wars...come on). We don't need to see panels day of. Give it some time. I was in work today and couldnt read my books.

Honestly, yes. I like X-23 and don't dislike the time displaced X-Men. It's just the creative teams seem iffy on some. Scarlet Witch deserves better.

I look forward to seeing which of these creative teams end up being the next big names at Marvel. Kenneth Rocafort doesn't have to worry, that dude is IN.

tim1138

Yes.

Also Where Monsters Dwell 2 is so damn good you guyze

I missed your post, but since you didn't care for it, how would you have ended it? I'm not attacking your opinion by any means, I'm just curious.

I missed your post, but since you didn't care for it, how would you have ended it? I'm not attacking your opinion by any means, I'm just curious.

Remember back in ish 15 when it was still a spec ops comic, but Kot had every major player but Zero and his waifu killed?

There. I'd have ended it there.
Which, in a way, is how it ends. Just that he goes full wanker for 3 ishs before giving you that ending is all.

That'd have me looking for his new stuff day 1 if it were some actiony cloak and dagger deal. Instead, next time he puts something out, i`ll try to check how omgdeep he's trying to be.

I am sorry, it is nothing personal. I am just wound up.

No no, I get you. That wasn't a snarky reply or anything Messi. I'm always one for a course correct.

Switching to links or posting a week out isn't twisting my arm and it helps others. All good.

Zero ended at #14. There are 3-4 comics that came afterwards that continued on the numbering for some reason, but you don't have to read those.

styl3s

Why haven't you animals told me about Kaijumax? This is the greatest dumb comic i have read in a long time.

Sounds like you could use a MTN Dew Baja Blast, something I'm drinking right now.

Kickstart is better.
giphy.gif

tim1138

Remember back in ish 15 when it was still a spec ops comic, but Kot had every major player but Zero and his waifu killed?

There. I'd have ended it there.
Which, in a way, is how it ends. Just that he goes full wanker for 3 ishs before giving you that ending is all.

That'd have me looking for his new stuff day 1 if it were some actiony cloak and dagger deal. Instead, next time he puts something out, i`ll try to check how omgdeep he's trying to be.

Fair enough.
I enjoyed the series from start to end, but I do think Kot was a bit over ambitious here. I have to wonder how much was lost when he realized he was going to have to cut the series short. Off the top of my head, I feel like he envisioned it running between 36-50 issues with a fairly long third act that would have had one set artist.
His style definitely isn't for everyone though, that'd for sure.

that deer's my spirit animal
Sam Walton is my spirit animal.

Man Dynamite really dropped the ball with Gold Key Universe. What an absolutely disaster. Waid wrote one of the worst books of the year with Doc Spector that ended out of know here, Solar Woman of The Atom was BORING and they never built off the hype that was Turok and Magnus Robot Fighter. You don't let a talent like Greg Pak get away, you do let him do his thang. Though the properties probably wouldn't have been better with Valiant, they would've slapped Robert Venditti on all the books and added Bloodshot to them.

i like all zero issues equally.
it's not like the book was that amazing to begin with. the final issues have been incredibly poignant if you have even the most passing familiarity with american literary history.

Messi

SHUTTER VOL 2 CAME OUT TODAY OMGO OMG GOM LET GO TO THE STORE. FUUUUCK

edit: NOT IT DIDN'T WHY WOULD DE LUCA LIE TO ME

i like all zero issues equally.
it's not like the book was that amazing to begin with. the final issues have been incredibly poignant if you have even the most passing familiarity with american literary history.

There really was a writer in american literary history that shot his waifu in the head on a dare for the lulz?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Did we talk about how good Midnight 2 was? Cause Midnighter 2 was great.

The Spire was also really cool. Is it weird to say that my favorite part was the lettering? I loved the light gray on asides.

Did anyone get Fresh Romance? How does it compare to the first?

PsychBat!

Banned
My dog just gave birth to two new healthy puppies, will upload pics in a bit. This was a total shock because we didn't know she was pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom