• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
Erica Henderson to Jughead with Chip Zdoomie, awesome

Michael Allred to this new book with the co-writer of the true lives of the fabulous killjoys,
sy9BHm8.png

hey maybe this time the plot will actually start in the book and not in music videos from years back

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fear Itself Book of the Skull is written by ComicGaf's resident fetish Brubaker, off to a good start at least hopefully

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i take it you've read Gillen's Journey into Mystery already right?

The kid Loki book? No. It's part of this tho I believe?

Also I liked that Book of the Skull, nice start to this. I guess it involves Mjolnir-style hammers, which I guess is what transforms Hulk and Juggy and whatnot.

Also didn't know Red Skull had a daughter...who also has a red skull (as in deformed head) >_>

Drayco21

Also didn't know Red Skull had a daughter...who also has a red skull (as in deformed head) >_>

She was a pretty normal redhead until she got blown up. Her "Red Skull" is supposed to be burn wounds and horrific scarring, but most artists didn't bother.

Rhaknar

She was a pretty normal redhead until she got blown up. Her "Red Skull" is supposed to be burn wounds and horrific scarring, but most artists didn't bother.

Stop knowing everything

frye

Vertigo announcements reminded me of the last time this happened (two years ago!) so let's catch up because wow, I don't think I've heard anyone talk about these things aside from Sandman since they were announced:

SANDMAN OVERTURE – hahaha
HINTERKIND – 18 issues (ended)
THE DISCIPLINE – MIA
DEAD BOY DETECTIVES - 12 issues (ended)
SUICIDERS – delayed for a year, 5 issues done with a sixth coming out next month
COFFIN HILL – 21 issues (ending next month)
THE WITCHING HOUR – one-shot

So setting aside the one-shot, it's basically 50/50 for huge delays and fairly healthy (for Vertigo) runs.

Let's see if this round turns out better for 'em

Zombine

Banned
Remember when Gene Simmons's son plagiarized Bleach in his comic?

I remember this. Fuck that dude.

Vertigo announcements reminded me of the last time this happened (two years ago!) so let's catch up because wow, I don't think I've heard anyone talk about these things aside from Sandman since they were announced:

SANDMAN OVERTURE – hahaha
HINTERKIND – 18 issues (ended)
THE DISCIPLINE – MIA
DEAD BOY DETECTIVES - 12 issues (ended)
SUICIDERS – delayed for a year, 5 issues done with a sixth coming out next month
COFFIN HILL – 21 issues (ending next month)
THE WITCHING HOUR – one-shot

So setting aside the one-shot, it's basically 50/50 for huge delays and fairly healthy (for Vertigo) runs.

Let's see if this round turns out better for 'em

Witching Hour was perfect. Coffin Hill's first issue was wonderful but it went out with a thud.

Should have given it to Orci and Kurtzman. I am sure they can do a better job than Johns.

Geoff Johns wrote a lot of that terrible Green Lantern movie, and you can see his imprint all over that cinematic corpse. For example, Killwog's introduction is set up for the audience to lose their shit over, except nobody knows who Kilwog is since why would they?

Zombine

Banned
I still dont know how it ever made it to print

I bet on it being 100% intentional btw

Artist don't 'accidentally' draw huge lips on characters.

I feel like there is a tragic backstory here. What if he idolized LL Cool J and his lips, so he decided he would join the army so he would be able to afford his lip injections to achieve his perfect look. One day, he gets a call from his buddy Pauly who said he knows a guy who does it for cheap, he says it's totally legit and he got his license to practice in Phoenix. Our soldier decides he would save some cash and he goes to see the quack doctor, and the guy injects him with a bonding agent instead of filler, which caused a reaction and an infection in his face that disfigured him for life.

Damn that book is deep.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So since Filthy never posted the pics of him and Kipp, am I going to get to see Serp and Kipp in a photo? Plus everyone else?

Yooo, I have the pics on a now-dead phone (they're amazingly terrible and purple) and I'm really hoping this weekend I can show you guys. Also, If I had known Kipp was packing that much of an ass, I would have made him turn around and do a headstand during the shots.

Owzers

I want all illegal immigrants out of my country. I also think we need to severely cut back on who we let travel to this great land.

This has nothing to do with Messi.

Edit: Also, I bought the rabbit samurai saga vol 1 omnithing on CMX's sale. It's a 998MB download....this is why i spent the extra $100 to get the 64GB ipad air 2 since they doubled the memory for the first tier upgrade.

Xis

I'm feeling my event juices flowing again. I think it's time for another one

FEAR_ITSELF_LOGO.jpg

Bring on the hate!

I just read this a few months ago; it starts strong but the ending feels all kinds of rushed. The Journey Into Mystery tie-ins are quite good; the Iron Man tie-ins were surprisingly unnecessary considering they share the same author as the main series (Fraction).

Life and Times of Martha Washington:
Fuck you Moretti, that's what you get. Those two pages with the panther attacking the hunter were so gorgeous (and satisfying). Don't really know what to feel about that last page though.

It is also interesting that at this point in the story, I can't really tell what kind of a person Martha Washington is. Everything that happens is her reacting to external stimulus or following orders. Maybe it was intentionally written that way and it would be very interesting if that theme continued through the book.

Life and Times of Martha Washington:
Fuck you Moretti, that's what you get. Those two pages with the panther attacking the hunter were so gorgeous (and satisfying). Don't really know what to feel about that last page though.

It is also interesting that at this point in the story, I can't really tell what kind of a person Martha Washington is. Everything that happens is her reacting to external stimulus or following orders. Maybe it was intentionally written that way and it would be very interesting if that theme continued through the book.

that will be a continuing thing but you won't notice as much because 600 pages of Dave Gibbons

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Edit: Also, I bought the rabbit samurai saga vol 1 omnithing on CMX's sale. It's a 998MB download....this is why i spent the extra $100 to get the 64GB ipad air 2 since they doubled the memory for the first tier upgrade.

Yeah if you're spending that much already you might as well go for the extra memory. Mine's just a shitty $200 Lenovo from Wal-Mart.

Busaiku

If All New, All Different is supposed to start October 7, when is Secret Wars supposed to end.
It's 8 issues right? Not to mention all the tie-ins that were also delayed.

Uncanny X-Men ending then is also dumb.
Why didn't they just release it last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom