• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I posted wasn't really about me, it was trying to show Psych that while things may look rosey here on GAF and that we all talk about how we got or did x & y, there is a ton of lingering bullshit beneath the surface that we try to throw out to move forward positively. Dude is doing so much in school that is legit going to change his world around forever.

Yeah, I hear ya, but the sentiment's there. I'm just glad the community is the way it is in spite of everything.

It wouldn't be the same without Psych.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I don't have anything to say to Psych since I already said quite a bit last night, but I did just want to say that I love our community so much. You guys all rock.

I know ya'll don't want to kick the bucket without finding out if that new Star Wars movie is any good or not

it's kinda sad how this cornball geek shit is one of the reasons for me to live another day (obviously not number 1, but that it's a factor alone is kind of..lol)

like sometimes when i think of mortality the first thought that comes to mind is "oh shit what if I won't be able to find out how game of thrones ends"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I talked to Psych this morning and we both agreed on what's really important.

The X-Men.

xmen90s.jpg

Thats right! Psych is like one of the last mutant defenders besides me on this damn thread, and mutant lovers stick together. Who else is gonna stand up for Gambit if not us?

Gambit. Remy LeBeau.

Cyclops was right and Psych knows it.

We shared a moment. A mutant moment. Always here when you need to talk Psych <3 As someone who feels very isolated due to his work, trust me I know what it's like to need to talk, even if its inane shit like comics (ask Drayco, poor guy must be tired of hearing me jabber on). We might just be faceless Internet fake-people, but we are here :)

...he then told me he doesn't understand why I read shit comics like civil war >_>

Dr.-Who.gif

Zombine

Banned
^
I love X-Men. I have since forever. I pull all the X-books and I'll still be pulling them after Secret Wars.

How many issues til Black Science finishes?

"I can do 1,000 issues of Black
Science." - Rick Remender

Jk, Kirkman said that about Walking Dead.

The X-Men.

Thats right! Psych is like one of the last mutant defenders besides me on this damn thread, and mutant lovers stick together. Who else is gonna stand up for Gambit if not us?

Gambit. Remy LeBeau.

We shared a moment. A mutant moment. Always here when you need to talk Psych <3 As someone who feels very isolated due to his work, trust me I know what it's like to need to talk, even if its inane shit like comics (ask Drayco, poor guy must be tired of hearing me jabber on). We might just be faceless Internet fake-people, but we are here :)

...he then told me he doesn't understand why I read shit comics like civil war >_>

Dr.-Who.gif
Cyke was wrong and Gambit is trash.

Where is my Magik solo and Emma and ANAD New Mutants?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

The X-Men.

Gambit. Remy LeBeau.

Dr.-Who.gif

Gambit and Blink need their own X-Team!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Granite, some of us would rather Boulder.

My usual response to puns is total disgust, generally in the form of a "Horrible... Just horrible..." muttered under my breath. However, I'm actually kind of impressed right now.

wow Unity just does not give a fuck. Airplane with a bunch of brain-washed civilians going to crash into a landmark? Fuck it, fly through the plane and kill everyone on board.

Drayco21

So, I got around to reading Groot #2 finally, despite not even reading everything that I picked up this week. Still not for me, but now that they've tried to retcon stuff enough, I can at least decide it's in a separate continuity and ignore it, and not be angry about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm feeling my event juices flowing again. I think it's time for another one

FEAR_ITSELF_LOGO.jpg

Bring on the hate!

Not gonna lie, I follow the Matt Fraction philosophy for life too. Just having one thing to look forward to every week-- a video game, a comic book, a show, whatever-- really helps a lot no matter how dumb it is.

I read that post last year and it got me really good. I keep it bookmarked for when I'm feeling really down in the dumps. I had what felt like a really bad spell of depression this year and just rereading it every now and then helped a lot.
That's Viktor Fankl style of philosophy and psychotherapy they he studied on Holocaust survivors. I follow that shit to a T when I was bedridden for years.
I love this panel I don't know why people say it's bad. It makes me laugh.

So Rafa, was Liefeld's book worth reading to see the Earthworm Jim penis or is it a pass?
No, just pass it up.

ElNarez

Banned
Fraction and Terry Dodson have a new book coming out called Adventureman. It was announced at the Milkfed Criminal Masterminds panel this afternoon

yo why the fuck is this not a bigger deal

IT'S A NEW BOOK BY THE O.G. 2011 DEFENDERS TEAM

THAT BOOK WAS FUCKING UNDERRATED AS SHIT

I'M SO GAME FOR THAT

Rhaknar

Fear Itself has 81 books...

at least it's not a 100+er >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom