• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"WHY WOMAN? WHY MUST YOU PERVERT MOTHERHOOD LIKE THAT?"

this 80s Cap dialogue is amazing

Why do you not give Lucifer to Mike Carey?

Imma go with "because dude felt that he had already told what tales he had to tell with the character on a monthly basis".

I can see Carey writing some Lucifer mini or solo again some day, but i'd be surprised if dude professed interest in going at Luci for, say, 3-5 more years.

Imma go with "because dude felt that he had already told what tales he had to tell with the character on a monthly basis".

I can see Carey writing some Lucifer mini or solo again some day, but i'd be surprised if dude professed interest in going at Luci for, say, 3-5 more years.
Yea. Carey was awesome on it but I think he told everything he wanted to. But because it was so good I don't want anyone else writing the character besides him or Gaiman. Of course I said I wanted no one writing lucifer but Gaiman before the first series so maybe there's hope?

Messi

Please Marvel, just let Wesley Snipes be blade in a Netflix series. It can tie into your other Netflix shows. That man is blade now and forever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fear Itself: Sins Past #1 was utterly pointless, I thought the idea was neat at first (collecting 3 old Cap issues to show us who the character is) bit it's not her origin at all its some random Cap story that she just happens to be in, and not even with red skull face. Blah

Fear Itself #1 on the other hand I loved. Cool Asgardian stuff (I really need to read Siege), cool premise, I love the Neon costumes on the bad guys (and good guys eventually), and that Immonen art, my God.

Also, Odin is a dick :eek:

PsychBat!

Banned
Please Marvel, just let Wesley Snipes be blade in a Netflix series. It can tie into your other Netflix shows. That man is blade now and forever.

4AuVTr3.gif

I'm assuming this is Vertigo's last hurrah right? After loosing the horror line back to DC and all the talent fleeing to Image they literally have nothing left.

Owzers

I made the mistake of starting up hearthstone again, i can't deal with these " do you like cards? go buy a lot of cards"

I ran into a legendary...

Rhaknar

*********BREAKING NEWS***********

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 is on MU. It wasn't part of Monday's update, aparently it's such an event that it was added all by itself later in the week

Now I can see what all the fuss is about
and be disapointed

Messi

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 is on MU. It wasn't part of Monday's update, aparently it's such an event that it was added all by itself later in the week

and be disapointed

It is wonderful. I hope you enjoy it.

Don't miss the text at the bottom of the pages.

I'm assuming this is Vertigo's last hurrah right? After loosing the horror line back to DC and all the talent fleeing to Image they literally have nothing left.

If we're being honest, Vertigo was done for when Karen Berger left.

and be disapointed

If you don't like USG, you can rest easy knowing the problem is with you, and not the book. Trust ComicsGAF on this one. :D

Rhaknar

If you don't like USG, you can rest easy knowing the problem is with you, and not the book. Trust ComicsGAF on this one. :D

I hate the art even before starting it, but I love non-serious marvel (surfer, Foes, Hawkeye, Pulido she hulk, etc) so we'll see which tips the scale more

Rhaknar

The art is part of the charm. The faces Doreen makes have me rolling.

I hate what I've seen of it what can I say? :/

Some hate Pulido She Hulk, some hate Allred, some hate Land (ok everyone hates Land), what can you do.

Rhaknar

Dat ass
from tucking in the tail

Edit: Unbeatable Squirrel #1 was absolute trash, what the fuck are you smoking comicgaf?

Nah I'm just fucking with you, that was awesome. Even the art wasn't that bad, even if I still hate her face. Kraven was a nice surprise, and now I'm fully expecting her room mate to be some sort of cat based super person (but she probably isnt). Non-serious Marvel continues to deliver
except in sales sigh

About to buy Archie #1. It will be the first single issue of a new series I've ever bought in my entire life

Normally I wait for trades, but I don't know. This one is calling to me

anaron

About to buy Archie #1. It will be the first single issue of a new series I've ever bought in my entire life

Normally I wait for trades, but I don't know. This one is calling to me
good. support dat quality

I really hope those rumours of Waid and Samnee taking over Black Widow are true and are announced this week

I may have gone in too deep for that CMX Dark Horse sale. I put this list of purchases here so that my wife will never find it. Also, I will not have time to read most of these for months...I think I have a problem that can only be solved with more CMX sales:

Concrete Park vol 1 & 2
Fear Agent
Opus
Usagi Yojimbo Saga vol 1
Pop
Apocalyptigirl
White Suits
Veil
Goon vol 1-2
The Fifth Beatle
Scary Godmother vol 1 & 2
Light Brogade
Empowered vol 1-3
Catalyst Comix
Beast of Burden
Amala's Blade
BRPD vol 1-3
Hellboy vol 1-6
Umbrella Academy vol 2
MIND MGMT vol 1-4
Grendal Omnibus vol 1
Halloween Legion

I may have gone in too deep for that CMX Dark Horse sale. I put this list of purchases here so that my wife will never find it. Also, I will not have time to read most of these for months...I think I have a problem that can only be solved with more CMX sales:

Concrete Park vol 1 & 2
Fear Agent
Opus
Usagi Yojimbo Saga vol 1
Pop
Apocalyptigirl
White Suits
Veil
Goon vol 1-2
The Fifth Beatle
Light Brogade
Empowered vol 1-3
Catalyst Comix
Beast of Burden
Amala's Blade
BRPD vol 1-3
Hellboy vol 1-6
Umbrella Academy vol 2
MIND MGMT vol 1-4
Grendal Omnibus vol 1
Halloween Legion

That sale looks so fucking good. Basically everything they've put out for half off. I basically had to force myself to not buy up every good looking thing on there

Tizoc

Strange Fruit #1
Dunno what to make of this but the art was great.

Archie #1
Indeed amazing, Jughead is wise.

Im sure a Mitch Gerads book called 'Sheriff of Baghdad' wont be dumb at all

Lol,, Not gonna lie,, he had some great looking issues in Punisher,, but fuck sometimes I wondered if he switched hands or something half way through the series.

Ramona Flowers by Mondo. Do want.

I don't have anything to say to Psych since I already said quite a bit last night, but I did just want to say that I love our community so much. You guys all rock.
Yeah you guys are all pretty mediocrely cool peoples for suree...
;)
I'm going to smell my floppies tonight to see what all the fuss is about.
DC.. It must be the DC books with the stiffer/thinker cover.... *sniffs book* ahhhhhhhh lol

I'm still here. Contemplating stuff, whether I should end it or finally move out. The point is, I'm not doing too well, too many straws on the camel's back and all that. I talked to Kipp about a lot of what my life is like, and it's not pleasant (which is an understatement).

Thanks for worrying, but I urge everyone to not worry anymore, no matter what road I take.

Dude we're your friends here, we're going to worry and be concerned about your well being. Don't end it, find a way to move out, and things will get better. You can over come this, and anything else that's going on now.

phoenixyz

Hey ComicGAF. I need some opinions: Is the Convergence event worth reading? In the sense that it's a good story in its own right, even if I am not terribly concerned about the DCU as a whole? Or should I just skip it and read a synopsis somewhere?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Okay so I'm almost done with The Strain Volume 1 and I'm really enjoying it. This is a well done horror series so far! I'm liking the ways it diverges from the TV series. My girlfriend and I just started watching it so it'll be awesome to have it to compare and contrast with.

Thanks to this SDCC sale I've acquired the first 4 volumes of The Strand and just today I bought every Baltimore book except for The Cult of the Red King arc (I didn't want to go too nuts!). I know own everything but the original Graphic Novel it's based on and the latest arc. One day at a time, sweet Jebus.

I think my dance card is punched until August, when I'll finally pick up Providence #2, Archie #1, and HOPEFULLY we'll hear something about a new issue of Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Tales of Sabrina, or Nameless.

Concrete Park vol 1 & 2
Fear Agent
Opus
Usagi Yojimbo Saga vol 1
Pop
Apocalyptigirl
White Suits
Veil
Goon vol 1-2
The Fifth Beatle
Light Brogade
Empowered vol 1-3
Catalyst Comix
Beast of Burden
Amala's Blade
BRPD vol 1-3
Hellboy vol 1-6
Umbrella Academy vol 2
MIND MGMT vol 1-4
Grendal Omnibus vol 1
Halloween Legion

I hope you and everyone else got bprd in omnibus when available. Make sure you ain't double buyin!

Also YES to scary godmother

arkon

Vertigo announcements reminded me of the last time this happened (two years ago!) so let's catch up because wow, I don't think I've heard anyone talk about these things aside from Sandman since they were announced:

SANDMAN OVERTURE – hahaha
HINTERKIND – 18 issues (ended)
THE DISCIPLINE – MIA
DEAD BOY DETECTIVES - 12 issues (ended)
SUICIDERS – delayed for a year, 5 issues done with a sixth coming out next month
COFFIN HILL – 21 issues (ending next month)
THE WITCHING HOUR – one-shot

So setting aside the one-shot, it's basically 50/50 for huge delays and fairly healthy (for Vertigo) runs.

Let's see if this round turns out better for 'em
Don't forget Collider/FBP.

Hey ComicGAF. I need some opinions: Is the Convergence event worth reading? In the sense that it's a good story in its own right, even if I am not terribly concerned about the DCU as a whole? Or should I just skip it and read a synopsis somewhere?

skip it unless you're invested in earth 2.

The tie ins are great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom