• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
See, there's one good reason why physical comics beat digital comics easily.
When you don't read comics, digital comics do you no good at all. It's like "Yay I've got this random stuff taking up hard drive space."
But when you don't read comics and you have a giant shelf full of nice hardcovers, you can start singing that Little Mermaid song and marvel at the nice things you own.

See, there's one good reason why physical comics beat digital comics easily.
When you don't read comics, digital comics do you no good at all. It's like "Yay I've got this random stuff taking up hard drive space."
But when you don't read comics and you have a giant shelf full of nice hardcovers, you can start singing that Little Mermaid song and marvel at the nice things you own.

And you can lend them to friends.
And you can sell them (sometimes at a profit even).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Okay guys, did the Spotify logo change colors to a more blue-ish green or am I going nuts? Is there already a thread about this or do I need to create it?

And you can lend them to friends.
And you can sell them (sometimes at a profit even).

Oh yeah. This too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just came back from my spine x-ray and kidney / blatter ultrasounds, fucking doctor goes "while youre here why not a prostate exam?"

im like motherfucker this isnt mcdonalds where I might aswell grab a mcflurry >_> you're a bit too eager there to stick your finger up my ass doc

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Okay guys, did the Spotify logo change colors to a more blue-ish green or am I going nuts? Is there already a thread about this or do I need to create it?

Definitly Apples fault. They are so greedy that Spotify cant afford the old color anymore.

just came back from my spine x-ray and kidney / blatter ultrasounds, fucking doctor goes "while youre here why not a prostate exam?"

im like motherfucker this isnt mcdonalds where I might aswell grab a mcflurry >_> you're a bit too eager there to stick your finger up my ass doc

Wait what
How old are you? There isn't even a point to doing prostate exams before 50

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
FUCKKK i loved Archie

reminds me of reading the tiny digests & Tintin books as a kid when i'd travel abroad with my parents

brb, gonna buy all of Archie Horror

also whyyy isn't Staples staying on this :/

New Chewbacca series from Marvel announced today. By Gerry Duggan and Phil Noto.

i love coomiiiicccssssss

Wait what
How old are you? There isn't even a point to doing prostate exams before 50

i don't think this is true if your dad had colon polyps, at which you are supposed to go 10 years before his age when he had them

Cheebo

Banned
New Chewbacca series from Marvel announced today. By Gerry Duggan and Phil Noto.

STWCHEWIE2015001-mtv-1436486489.jpg

Vyer

I'm going through some old boxes of floppies right now.

On one hand it's kind of nice to see some old books I haven't touched in a decade.

But I keep looking at the piles/boxes and thinking....man how great would it be to have that space clear.

I know ya'll don't want to kick the bucket without finding out if that new Star Wars movie is any good or not

This is pretty much what is keeping me going right now.

Also, I bought Robocop vs. Terminator because it was on sale and it was fucking rad. Best €3.50 I've spent in ages.

I'm feeling my event juices flowing again. I think it's time for another one

FEAR_ITSELF_LOGO.jpg

Bring on the hate!

Godspeed, Rhaknar.

I made the mistake of starting up hearthstone again, i can't deal with these " do you like cards? go buy a lot of cards"

I ran into a legendary...

I wish Hearthstone didn't have region-based servers. I want to play with more GAFers. One EU tournament wasn't enough.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
You'll be singing a different tune once you get into that Valiant tomorrow.

OK just wrapped up X-O #1-5.... you were right

i'm not even sure why i like it so much. by all accounts it SHOULD be very generic "alien armor hero" and "ninja guy!" but it's super compelling. the dialogue feels natural, the art is superb and the pace is perfect. i just can't stop reading it.

my question: do i have to read Bloodshot & Harbinger or can i just read all of X-O? are there events i need to cop? is X-O finished?

i want to hate the boring suit design but it's all so good i can't even do that

Next you're gonna tell me that tailors aren't supposed to size you up like how Joey's tailor did.

after meeting the thick blonde at my suit spot, i kind of wish that is how it worked

I heard some guys at the office talking about Marvel and my supervisor is watching subbed anime in the room with me right now

my people ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat fucking dr.strange marvel legends set o_O

http://marvel.com/sdcc2015

edit: thats a big ass Giant Man.

guys...trying to get into Marvel Legends (like going on ebay for past series) is absolute murder on the wallet I assume? >_>

Read Archie, thought it was great

Read Batman, didn't feel positively or negatively about it, just kinda there. Same with 41
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

how is starfire? I thought the sneak peak was cute

I think there are a multiple of stories to be told from the wonders of online dating. I wish there was a comics equivalent of Lifetime movies, that's my niche.

I think there are a multiple of stories to be told from the wonders of online dating. I wish there was a comics equivalent of Lifetime movies, that's my niche.

Most Lifetime movies deal with horrible subjects, though. Either someone gets HIV or becomes a victim of human trafficking. If not both.

Robin War
And "Batman & Robin: Eternal" announced

CJkVRjlUkAAI6-p.jpg

I suppose that means another year long weekly with all sorts of varied creative teams? Batman Eternal was pretty OK, but I didn't read it until it had finished and that certainly makes it read differently, for better or for worse. If it really is doing that again I really hope it cuts out the "Hey, remember when these characters were doing this thing? Yeah, we know it was 12 weeks ago, but we're finally back to right where we left off with them!" stuff, since that felt really off.

Edit: Oh yeah, I was also kind of annoyed how
everything involving Steph basically meant nothing to the greater story. She literally could have be cut completely and the entire thing would have gone exactly the same way outside of the reader basically being told who was behind everything from the start. I mean, yeah, I get it, she's there to spoil everything and for the reader to not really believe that fact until the end. Cute to a degree, but it was a bit too clever by half and could have been done much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom