• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Guys, I'm getting pretty psyched for SDCC.

Also, everyone who's going, we should probably start PMing each other phone numbers so we can meet up on Sunday.

Li Kao

The news about Grant Morrison and Heavy Metal picked my curiosity but... is there no digital download option except for the official site digital back-issues ? I mean, no comixology ? no itunes ? no insert digital platform here ?
I think it is ample time I get some anthology goodness. Seriously thinking about 2000AD too. Just the little issue with OCD and skipping approx 350 millions issues of Dredd but hey...

Ew. Joints.

The face sculpts look really good, though. Doubly so when you consider that this is Hasbro. God, I'm so dead when they start letting people pre-order the new statues. Goodbye monies.
Hasbro either get it spot on with faces (Han, Luke, Vader) or get it oh so wrong (Leia, Obi-Wan, Anakin).

tim1138

Seriously, anyone who is at SDCC this weekend and wants to pick me up one of the plush Krypto superpets toys drop me a PM.

Look at this guy, he's great!

plus my wife really wants one and it'd be a great surprise

DCSP_Krypto_plush_555e7b069c6c89.66017754_grande.jpg

The news about Grant Morrison and Heavy Metal picked my curiosity but... is there no digital download option except for the official site digital back-issues ? I mean, no comixology ? no itunes ? no insert digital platform here ?
I think it is ample time I get some anthology goodness. Seriously thinking about 2000AD too. Just the little issue with OCD and skipping approx 350 millions issues of Dredd but hey...

unrelated, but love your kyle baker avatar

Zombine

Banned
If anyone is going to SDCC and feel like picking me up a Michonne figure from the Skybound/Walking Dead both I would love you forever.

But yeah...I'm kind of bummed out. It looks like the page that Allred used to draw iZombie is slightly larger than 11x17, it maybe 12x17 so it doesn't fit in these frames. My Rachel Rising page didn't fit either but American Vampire did ._.

Edit: New Avengers didn't fit either ._.

If anyone is going to SDCC and feel like picking me up a Michonne figure from the Skybound/Walking Dead both I would love you forever.

But yeah...I'm kind of bummed out. It looks like the page that Allred used to draw iZombie is slightly larger than 11x17, it maybe 12x17 so it doesn't fit in these frames. My Rachel Rising page didn't fit either but American Vampire did ._.

Edit: New Avengers didn't fit either ._.

thats really odd

most original art pages are 11 x 17

not even sure why you would be using something larger

Zombine

Banned
thats really odd

most original art pages are 11 x 17

not even sure why you would be using something larger

And it's not like these are fakes or anything. Mike's page is directly from him, same with Moore's page and the New Avengers page is real as well (but purchased through a dealer)
And my Quinones page is 11x14.

tim1138

Max Landis is doing a Superman book called American Alien (read from bottom up)

Comments(0)

17:18
Nick Dragotta, Joelle Jones, Jae Lee, Frances Manapul, Jock, and more will contribute art to Superman: American Alien.

Comments(0)

17:17
"We've got a Superman for every taste," said Berganza.

Comments(0)

17:16
"He gets trashed on Bruce Wayne's boat when people think he's Bruce Wayne."

Comments(0)

17:15
"It's seven stories from Clark Kent's life. It's not a redux of his origin. Instead, it's stories Clark might tell you if you were having a beer together."

Comments(0)

17:14
"I've wanted to write a Superman comic for my entire life, and I'm surprised they're letting me write the one I wanted to write. I sort of wanted to do the opposite of All-Star Superman."

Comments(0)

17:13
Superman: American Alien features a young version of Clark Kent who gets into trouble as his powers are manifesting.

TheStig88

Brubacker.

Also apparently Waid was baller too. Boring writer for a boring character. Makes sense.

I love Captain Marvel. You know what I like.

I really wanted Captain Marvel to be good, but honestly it's pretty forgettable.

I definitely second the Brubaker run for Captain America. It starts with Winter Soldier and then goes into Death of Captain America.

no compelling plot nor charm

skip
Thanks fellas. Brubaker it is. Think I'll hold off on Captain Marvel for now. No tablet yet and phone reading is awful, plus I've got a truckload of other stuff still to read.

And man, ya'll weren't kidding. This IST packaging is ace. So much nicer than the bubble mailer treatment my Sunstone trades got from Amazon that left me with a couple of damaged copies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Strangely much Spider-Man stuff. I see the GG, the Super-Man/Spidey Cover and the bite.

Hickman on a Spider-Book confirmed?

:D

I know :( But one can dream.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ew, all those talented artists working with douchebag extraordinaire Max Landis.

Neal Adams heads up Coming of the Superman, describing it during the "New DC Universe: Superman: Are You Ready?" panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego as "all of [Jack Kirby's] characters fighting Superman."

In the six-issue series launching in November, Darkseid and his son Kalibak face off against Superman and what DC describes as "three national heroes from the city of Kandor (now known as New Krypton) who see Superman as a legend." Lex Luthor is also mentioned as being part of the series.

"The three new Supermen fall somewhere between the Three Musketeers and Three Stooges," said Adams. At the end, there's a big surprise. They take Superman's blood, and they discover something about Superman, and that's all I can tell you."

Yousefb

Also, the Robin timeline brought up something weird.

Isn't the Tim Drake who's currently Batman Beyond an alternate future version of Tim Drake? Is it actually Tim?
Wait Tim is Batman Beyond now? What happened to Terry
Also why is Dick a special agent now? And Damian is back? Lol I'm so behind I've only been reading Batman through trade paperback but that's only up to Zero Year Dark City now. Maybe I should just read it all on comixology for now and collect later.

Why isn't this on all the pages!

tumblr_nranxswN8K1qeosmfo1_1280.png

I thought this was fan art, but holy shit, Batman/TMNT IS A REAL THING!

Up to this point, Batman meeting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has only existed in fans' collective imagination, playing out via action figures in playrooms worldwide. Now it's comic book reality, thanks to the latest joint presentation from DC Comics and IDW Publishing, and CBR has the exclusive first details.

The six-issue "Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" is scheduled debut in November, from the creative team of Bat-books veteran writer James Tynion IV and artist Freddie E. Wiliams II, who's worked on "Robin," "JSA All-Stars" and more for DC. Williams will also illustrate covers for the series, along with "TMNT" co-writer Kevin Eastman.

James Tynion IV though? UGH. Still, I'm buying this. Childhood me would want it that way.

Wait Tim is Batman Beyond now? What happened to Terry
Also why is Dick a special agent now? And Damian is back? Lol I'm so behind I've only been reading Batman through trade paperback but that's only up to Zero Year Dark City now. Maybe I should just read it all on comixology for now and collect later.

Seriously, Grayson is amazing. Read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom