• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Beauty 7 and 8. Not really feeling this new arc at all. It has nothing to do with the previous arc at all and the rotating artist thing is annoying as hell. I'll finish out the arc but it's going to take a miracle for this one to not get dropped after that.

Zombine

Banned
The Beauty 7 and 8. Not really feeling this new arc at all. It has nothing to do with the previous arc at all and the rotating artist thing is annoying as hell. I'll finish out the arc but it's going to take a miracle for this one to not get dropped after that.

Man...that art though. It's really top tier.

Done with Priest's second Black Panther collection. Loved the whole arc with the potential war between the four nations.
Though Killmonger's demise was a bit.. abrupt. I am assuming he will come back.
And Ross keeps getting screwed over...

I also love the Editor's Notes at the bottom of some panels.

Y636SE1.jpg

Alias 1-28 by Michael Bendis

This was pretty good but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. The starting arc was my favorite and pretty much had me hooked throughout but everything in between that and the end is just sorta good to decent. Ended on a pretty strong note but like the show, I felt you could've trimmed a couple of issues here and there to create a much better focused and less bloated run.

Alias 1-28 by Michael Bendis

This was pretty good but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. The starting arc was my favorite and pretty much had me hooked throughout but everything in between that and the end is just sorta good to decent. Ended on a pretty strong note but like the show, I felt you could've trimmed a couple of issues here and there to create a much better focused and less bloated run.

Maybe my expectations were too high based off of the praise it gets everywhere, but I was extremely disappointed by this run. The Purple Man arc gets so much love and I just didn't care for it.

I think his Daredevil run was MUCH better.

Mindwipe

Maybe my expectations were too high based off of the praise it gets everywhere, but I was extremely disappointed by this run. The Purple Man arc gets so much love and I just didn't care for it.

I actually think the Purple Man is the best thing about Alias but the fact is he's just not in it very much, and the final issue is a very meta exploration rather than any emotional conclusion (which is probably because at the time Bendis regarded it more as a title change and going off MAX than the book ending as such).

I agree, I liked his Daredevil run much more. Mostly because there were only two arcs I really enjoyed. The rest felt pretty standard and didn't do much for me.

I actually didn't have the highest expectations. I found the show to be a bore and thought to myself, how good could it really be?

But the first arc had me hooked like crazy which got me really excited but unfortunately it was all downhill afterwards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats with all the kids "quitting" on july 5th also?

kid team book incoming? Cyclops, Cho Hulk, Nova, Kamala, Miles?

Mindwipe

whats with all the kids "quitting" on july 5th also?

kid team book incoming? Cyclops, Cho Hulk, Nova, Kamala, Miles?

I doubt they'll put Cyclops in it even though it would make sense.

But yeah, that seems plausible enough otherwise.

They could have Kate lead it, given she was in some of the Now promos.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I doubt they'll put Cyclops in it even though it would make sense.

But yeah, that seems plausible enough otherwise.

They could have Kate lead it, given she was in some of the Now promos.

he has the same "I Quit" promo that the other kdis have tho

whats happening with Sandoval if New Avengers is gone then? I need my Joe Mad-lite fam ;_; Put him on a X-Men book, his style suits it much better anyway. Give him Uncanny

Rhaknar

no avatar quote reply... I set you up perfectly for it.

Im actually incredibly disapointed

Owzers

I barely watched the regular nba season last year, this is killing my nba watching agenda, i don't watch mediocre games.

Bii

Kevin Durant is a bitch.

C'mon bro.

Steph+KD+Klay+Green...

It's going to be crazy how they'll space the floor. Meanwhile, the Bulls traded away Rose for Robin Lopez, letting Pau and Noah walk off, and will sign Rondo. *sigh*

So how did Marvel lose all their top talent anyway?

They realized they were big enough names to strike out on their own, make more money on royalties, and be free to do whatever the heck they want with their creator-owned toys.

I barely watched the regular nba season last year, this is killing my nba watching agenda, i don't watch mediocre games.

But you watch Rockets basketball......

so vulgar

Top Bottom