• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

i1MFYOS.jpg

My body is so ready for this show.

SByrne's just starting to get more mainstream awareness and he's getting a prime creator owned series. Very tight market for quality pencilers. Slott's such a slow writer, its hard to see how this doesn't impact Spider Man or Silver Surfer.

This is probably the best indicator we've gotten that Dead No More is Slott's swan song on ASM

I bought a new phone today. What a mistake. Moreso than comics.

Granted, my old one was starting to go so it was necessary, but I hate every new device I buy for the first two weeks.
I buy Apple phones, so they're the same damn thing every time.

Except I hate my 6 Plus because it's way too big. I'm under contract until January and then I'm "downgrading".

Slott's such a slow writer, its hard to see how this doesn't impact Spider Man or Silver Surfer.
He seems to spend a lot of time arguing on Twitter.

TheFlow

Banned
From the OMnibus fb group:

Someone just got Uncanny x-men by Remender and Punisher by Ennis omnibus for Usagi saga vol 1. like damnnnnnnnnnnnn. to put in perspective punisher by ennis is going for more than 1000 dollars used.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let me do my best BK impression:

Weirdworld #1 - Fuck wizards.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Dug my Image backlog.

Started with Drifter 11 and 12. I still have no idea what is going on in this book. I'd best describe it as a space western version of Lost with creepy alien doppelgängers. But it has gotten significantly more entertaining as it has gone on. The art is also pretty amazing.

TheFlow

Banned
Just read the first arc of doom patrol. Such an complex arc. I had to to take time my time and think about what was being said. The story quickly made sense in the last issues but man was I so confused

I think thats even worse, how creatively stagnant and completely irrelevant the franchise is, and its not even intentional sabotage. Its all in good faith lol.

I do think the endangered species status quo is really fuckin' stupid, both post House of M and this current Terrigen Mists thing. As it is, they haven't been this boring since 2000 since before Morrison/Milligan/Casey came on board.

As for Spider-Man, I think the whole Steve Jobs Peter Parker thing only happen because they have Miles, Gwen, Silk, "Spidey". You have all these other younger characters better suited to these classic Spider-Man street level and learning responsibility stories, so Peter has to be doing something else. He's effectively grown out of his own role and been kicked out his own city.

Sou Da

I think thats even worse, how creatively stagnant and completely irrelevant the franchise is, and its not even intentional sabotage. Its all in good faith lol.

I do think the endangered species status quo is really fuckin' stupid, both post House of M and this current Terrigen Mists thing. As it is, they haven't been this boring since 2000 since before Morrison/Milligan/Casey came on board.

As for Spider-Man, I think the whole Steve Jobs Peter Parker thing only happen because they have Miles, Gwen, Silk, "Spidey". You have all these other younger characters better suited to these classic Spider-Man street level and learning responsibility stories, so Peter has to be doing something else. He's effectively grown out of his own role and been kicked out his own city.

But Cindy's fantastic backstory denotes that's she's around Peter's age and she grew up rich and trained to great fight and she has pheromone and attraction that causes them to fuck all the time and isn't this character great doesn't everyone love her? Let's give her own ongoing it'll be grdKGFeyfgweabikhea

To actually make a contributing post though, the crux of most X-Men fan complaints seem to be: "THEY'RE WRITING BAD ON PURPOSE, THEY'RE NOT PUTTING THE """BIG""""" WRITERS ON THE BOOKS" and "EW INHUMANS EXIST". Even back in the mid 2000s people bitched about how there either needed to X-books or less Wolverine.

Nothing is enough for those people, they're parallel of the "Not muh Batman" folks who refuse to go seek their Batman in one of the other 30 batbooks.

SUPER EDIT 2: I've already seen "Not muh Batman" directed at King.

Sandfox

But Cindy's fantastic backstory denotes that's she's around Peter's age and she grew up rich and trained to great fight and she has pheromone and attraction that causes them to fuck all the time and isn't this character great doesn't everyone love her? Let's give her own ongoing it'll be grdKGFeyfgweabikhea

That was only really an issue when Slott wrote her.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Totally Awesome Hulk #1 sure was a fun book. Art is gorgeous also, isnt Frank Cho that guy with all the sexism controversy? I guess it wasnt the art itself that was in question afterall but the content?

Also I maintain that Extraordinary X-Men is a fantastic x-men book in a old school wacky mutant adventures way like they used to be before they got all moody with the movies and Morrison

TheFlow

Banned
Bringing the original 5 x men back to the current timeline and then actually keeping them in thus said timeline is the dumbest move ever. Instead of having an x book with a bunch of interesting mutants who we rarely see outside of large ensembles, we get shittier versions of the main team along with Jean.

Tl:dr there are enough x men to make several books yet instead we get younger versions of the same shit.
We have plenty of young mutants who can be put in the spotlight

diaspora

Totally Awesome Hulk #1 sure was a fun book. Art is gorgeous also, isnt Frank Cho that guy with all the sexism controversy? I guess it wasnt the art itself that was in question afterall but the content?

Also I maintain that Extraordinary X-Men is a fantastic x-men book in a old school wacky mutant adventures way like they used to be before they got all moody with the movies and Morrison

Cho's art generally has been consistently great. He's got a general problem with same-face for most of the women he draw's but it's otherwise fine.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Bringing the original 5 x men back to the current timeline and then actually keeping them in thus said timeline is the dumbest move ever. Instead of having an x book with a bunch of interesting mutants who we rarely see outside of large ensembles, we get shittier versions of the main team along with Jean.

Tl:dr there are enough x men to make several books yet instead we get younger versions of the same shit.
We have plenty of young mutants who can be put in the spotlight

I could not possibly agree with you more. Hate the O5 so much.

I really dont understand the O5 move. Like, who has that nostalgia for those mothafuckas?Its like a solution for a problem that didnt exist, the current mutants got too far from the original concept, now we're bringing in these new kids to do that. But I will never give a fuck about these phonies from a past timeline

Top Bottom