• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

I really dont understand the O5 move. Like, who has that nostalgia for those mothafuckas?Its like a solution for a problem that didnt exist, the current mutants got too far from the original concept, now we're bringing in these new kids to do that. But I will never give a fuck about these phonies from a past timeline

It was a novelty. Marvel wanted to build some Jean Grey hype. I thought it was an okay idea and it worked pretty well while the first All-New X-Men series was a thing, but they should have been kicked back to where they came from after that series ended.

My body is so ready for this show.

Dat Vidal Sassoon Wonder Woman.

Sandfox

I really dont understand the O5 move. Like, who has that nostalgia for those mothafuckas?Its like a solution for a problem that didnt exist, the current mutants got too far from the original concept, now we're bringing in these new kids to do that. But I will never give a fuck about these phonies from a past timeline
It makes sense when you take sales into consideration.

mreddie

And then they split the O5 only replacing Jean with Laura and if Death of X is any indiction, if the O5 die, THEN THE WHOLE TIME SPACE CONTINUUM GETS SCREWED.

frye

the best part of the O5 storyline would have been young Scott/X-23 being a thing and they didn't even do that

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The only way to truly save the x-men is to bring back Gambit.

*runs and hides

mreddie

The only way to truly save the x-men is to bring back Gambit.

*runs and hides

GET OUT OF HERE YOU FUCKER.

Q6BlB5k.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gambit is a good name for a pup too hmm...

As usual, sounds weird in Portuguese

Rhaknar

As if Remy is a better name. Dude had a terrible real name and codename

McBryBry

So I just got through 1-12 of the first Danvers Captain Marvel book. Went in with low expectations and not to shabby. Got kinda bored sometimes but was never thinking about stopping. Really the only standout thing about it... Is how bad the art is in the latter half of those 12 issues. Jesus Christ.

Issue count: 162 read.

Replace Jean with Emma on Extraordinary, or have Emma lead Bendis' Uncanny team minus Mags, Magik, and Scott. Maybe throw in Havok, since he isn't doing anything except whining in a corner about Janet and their daughter. Assumedly.
I still don't think Death of X is going to be anything more than an explanation of what happened to Scott and Emma
If that

But Cindy's fantastic backstory denotes that's she's around Peter's age and she grew up rich and trained to great fight and she has pheromone and attraction that causes them to fuck all the time and isn't this character great doesn't everyone love her? Let's give her own ongoing it'll be grdKGFeyfgweabikhea

To actually make a contributing post though, the crux of most X-Men fan complaints seem to be: "THEY'RE WRITING BAD ON PURPOSE, THEY'RE NOT PUTTING THE """BIG""""" WRITERS ON THE BOOKS" and "EW INHUMANS EXIST". Even back in the mid 2000s people bitched about how there either needed to X-books or less Wolverine.

Nothing is enough for those people, they're parallel of the "Not muh Batman" folks who refuse to go seek their Batman in one of the other 30 batbooks.

SUPER EDIT 2: I've already seen "Not muh Batman" directed at King.

I see these posts more than I see the posts these posts claim to be posting about

TrumanShow.gif

I wonder if Marvel will try to launch a new New Mutants book when the movie version is about to come out. Like, Cable got way more focus from them once he was mentioned in the after credits scene in Deadpool but that could just be a coincidence.

Sandfox

I wonder if Marvel will try to launch a new New Mutants book when the movie version is about to come out. Like, Cable got way more focus from them once he was mentioned in the after credits scene in Deadpool but that could just be a coincidence.

Cable was already a part of the Uncanny Avengers team by then.

I think Spencer actually does have a point here: https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/749773105459933184

Even when he does quote supporting tweets, those people end up getting jumped on as well. If the answer is to get off twitter then people should probably stop going out of their way to shit on him for arguing people that have no intention of leaving him alone over a cosmic cube plot.
The volume of ignorance (not even just the harassment) that gets directed at Spencer would give me a panic attack. It's so frustrating to argue with people who not only can't avoid tossing out logical fallacies at every opportunity, but also lack the reading comprehension required to understand what you're saying to them if you reply.

Opinions are subjective, but an opinion is not valid if it's not based on an accurate understanding what the hell anyone is even talking about.

I just got a small taste of it while looking at his account, and that's enough to make me want a drink.

Not that I would even have the opportunity, but there's no way in hell I would write a Marvel or DC book in the age of social media.

Rhaknar

MU weekly update:

A-Force #1
Amazing Spider-Man #6
Contest of Champions #4
Deadpool #5
Dr.Strange #4
Guardians of Infinity #2
Howard The Duck #3
Invincible Iron-Man #5
Nova #3
Rpcket and Groot #1
Spider-Man 2099 #5
Deadpool and Spider-Man #1
Spidey #2
Totally Awesome Hulk #2
Uncanny X-Men #1
X-Men Worst X-Man Ever #1

Star Wars #14
Oni-Wan and Anakin #1

and on the oldies front, Cage (1992) #1-20

ComicGAF is pretty tame on that subject in comparison to the rest of the internet which can get pretty toxic when you bring up those subjects.

Then tell them not us. It's like going to a whole foods like "FUCK DO PEOPLE EAT SO MUCH MCDONALDS DONT YOU HATE MCDONALDS"

TheFlow

Banned
We will.

Slott got his dream job and Marvel won't pull him from it.
Well considering the talent pool that's left at Marvel (it's really shallow) I'd rather have Slott then anyone else they've got outside of maybe Aaron. Anyone else I can think of has already done it (Waid, PAD)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well considering the talent pool that's left at Marvel (it's really shallow) I'd rather have Slott then anyone else they've got outside of maybe Aaron. Anyone else I can think of has already done it (Waid, PAD)

But Waid was only for like 3,4 issues on the book

He's been on the book since 2007. He's written more Spider-Man issues than anybody in history. He loves the character, the universe, and is probably highly paid for working his dream job where he can do basically anything he wants. And with its sales, there's not a chance of it being cancelled any time soon.

You're gonna have to pry ASM out of his cold dead hands. We'll be making up rumors of him leaving ASM in 2020.

And frankly, there isn't anyone at Marvel fit to replace him.

Zombine

Banned

Marvel's talent pool is super freaking shallow right now and it's showing line wide. Can't wait to watch them try and spin it at NYCC.

Top Bottom