• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

FUCK YES OBAMA

as if anyone needed any more reason to love him, watch him name drop the best comic yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/videos/10154544513339238/

Sana sharing the comic with Obama!

qlgvnwB.jpg

Owzers

The Fix #1 gets too weird in some places, you know what place i'm talking about. O______O. Not sure if i'm continuing yet.

Sure does. Also didn't realize how many people actually hate the comic after coming from the off-topic threads.
I'm fine if people hate it (there are certainly Alan Moore comics I don't like), but it's annoying when folks play the "even Alan Moore said it's bad!" card, like that even means anything.

Owzers

Messi is on his way to America and you people haven't prepared at all. While he's here, we should take over his home country, flood it with mountain dew and hot pockets.

MattyG

Banned
Where can I maybe find relatively hard to find singles? I'm missing Star Wars: Kanan #5 and I can't find it anywhere :/

Edit: Found one in a super obvious place: EBAY!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It's the comic where fake Batman can only be sexually aroused while being Batman.

The superheroes are just perverts with a latex fetish is probably my second least favorite thing to come out of Watchmen.

First being grim gritty deconstruction, but only because most people do it badly. Hello, Zack Snyder.

I don't think I would like Watchmen at all if I didn't love Dave Gibbons so much.

I liked Watchmen quite a lot up into my mid-20s, but as I get older, I don't see the value of viewing superheroes through a lense of cynicism.

Owzers

How's I Hate Fairyland? I'm really skeptical of Skottie Young books after Rocket Racoon, i thought the initial few issues were good but then he stopped illustrating the book and I didn't think the plotting helped things.

I find it hard to separate my personal feelings on Watchmen from when I first read it as opposed to reading it now. Reading that around my early teens made me feel like I was reading The Real Shit. I went through that phase where I was just reading grim comics, it was around that time I read The Killing Joke, A Death in the Family and similar stuff. I suppose it was that "IT'S ART YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND" phase where I was weird, awkward (more than now) and still figuring stuff out. I also hadn't been diagnosed as being on the spectrum yet, but that's a whole other story. Now I don't give a shit, I've come to accept that with most entertainment, I have the taste of a six-year-old.

I don't think I'd enjoy Watchmen as much now if I just picked it off the shelf and I'd never read it before. My taste has changed a lot, heck I've changed a lot as a person, it's been almost 20 years.

How's I Hate Fairyland? I'm really skeptical of Skottie Young books after Rocket Racoon, i thought the initial few issues were good but then he stopped illustrating the book and I didn't think the plotting helped things.

Skottie Young as a writer has never clicked for me. Though I liked the first few issues of his Rocket Raccoon, it just kept hammering on the same jokes over and over again (though with those fantastic Skottie Young visuals). I wish his writing was as inventive and idiosyncratic as his art. I had the same problem with I Hate Fairyland after the first two issues. You should just jump off now and read God Hates Astronauts instead.

Just finished Shade, The Changing Man #5. This comic is so cool. I love how Milligan portrays American media here and in X-Statix. The more psychedelic colors work really well with Shade's outfit and powers and madness stuff.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I liked it. Not nearly the worst game I've ever played.

I hated everything about it.

Story was shit.

Deadpool was not funny (That is common though)

Gameplay itself was terrible, why have me fight enemies constantly but make the fighting boring?

Only cost me £3 thankfully

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
reading these old Timm/Dini Harley comics before Panorama

i wonder if SS is going to maintain her abusive relationship with the Joker or have her break out onto her own - a much more palatable anti-heroine for audiences.

I can't believe how quick some people are to write Timm off. Guy has been involved in some of the best superhero things ever made for like 25 years, but he fucks up once and there are people who never want to see another thing with his name on it. Shameful.

VanWinkle

Reposting:

According to Amazon reviews, the omnibi collect the following in this order:

-GL: Rebirth
-GL Corps: Recharge
-GL Vol 1: No Fear
-GL Vol. 2: Revenge of the Green Lanterns
-GL: Wanted - Hal Jordan
-GL: The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 1 *
-GL: The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 2 *
-GL: Tales of the Sinestro Corps
-GL: Rage of the Red Lanterns
-GL: Secret Origin
-GL: Agent Orange
-Blackest Night
-GL: Blackest Night (BN and GL:BN are interspersed between each other in the omnibus)
-Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps
-GL: Brightest Day
-GL: War of the Green Lanterns
-GL Vol. 1: Sinestro
-GL Vol. 2: Revenge of the Black Hand
-GL Vol. 3: The End
-GL: Larfleeze Christmas Special (Not in any collected editions)

* - Might be one single volume on CMX; used to be in two volumes but I believe they put them together at one point

It's empty calories. You read it for the art, not the story. The art is dynamite and the writing is fine. Not great, but fine. I like the book a lot though.

Top Bottom