• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Finished Flash season 2. Ending was poop. That's how they're going to do things after making you sit through 24 episodes? Now I'm making the mistake of starting Arrow season 1.

Movers arrive tomorrow and start packing everything. Let the fun begin.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Re-read East of West since it didn't hook me the first time

Actually enjoying it now, onto issue 3

TheFlow

Banned
black science hardcover was actually a bad batch, and has been corrected from my read up. unless you are talking about the glue binding.

made my peace with deluxe books having glue binding.

tim1138

lol just move on :p

Batman: Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 1
including BATMAN: VENGEANCE OF BANE #1, BATMAN #491-514, DETECTIVE #659-681, SHOWCASE 93 #7-8, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #17-34, ROBIN #7-13, CATWOMAN #6-7, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #62-63 and more.

going to be one bbw book. not sure why it is vol 1. if it collects the main knightfall trilogy

That cannot be right, that's like 75 issues in one book. That's a weapon, not something you could actually read.

TheFlow

Banned
My concern with that one is whether or not the binding is the same as the Black Science hardcover.

I own the Sex Criminals hardcover. I think that might be the only one with a dust jacket.

glad I passed on it. Saga is the only ongoing that can get me to double dip, and maybe deadly class since it is going to end in less than 40 issues

TheFlow

Banned
"Less than 40 issues" is still a lot of issues. We're probably looking at another year or two.

of course.

year one 1-16

year two 17-36.

Remender said he has the last arc planned out

That cannot be right, that's like 75 issues in one book. That's a weapon, not something you could actually read.
yea I am hoping it is split up better. to put in perspective big damn sin city is stil less than 60 issues

Big-Damn-Sin-City-3.jpg

The historian. X-Books are worse for his absence. Peep his No More Humans OGN, its the last time I read a new X-Men comic that felt like a X-Men comic.
I'll have to check that out then
There are many New 52 omnis that need to be released. Earth 2 is one of them. DC WHY DO YOU DO THIS
I'm surprised more New 52 omnibuses dropped. Only one I can think of is Green Lantern and that's only because it's part of Geoff Johns' Green Lantern Omnibuses.

What up, everybody? Cabins on lakes are awesome.

What'd I miss? I see Messi's back and Nick Spencer is still being a bit of a nonce on Twitter.

WB BLL! Sweet digs.

Well at least you are doing the awesome kind of move where the movers pack everything for you. Good luck with your move TC, hope it all goes as well as these things can ever go.

Re-read East of West since it didn't hook me the first time

Actually enjoying it now, onto issue 3

Niiiiice

Things just got really crazy in the latest story arc. Shit is going down.

The most recent issue was actually really good. It seems like its been a while since anything big happened in this book.

Yeah, I agree...seems like it's been content to spin its wheels for awhile now...which is fine, honestly. It's a huge story with a complex setting and I've enjoyed the chance to get to know some of the characters a bit better. But it was definitely time for Something to happen, and happen it did.

Well at least you are doing the awesome kind of move where the movers pack everything for you. Good luck with your move TC, hope it all goes as well as these things can ever go.

Thanks! Seven moves in twelve years. They better be moving me, haha.

Somehow, it never gets less stressful. It's all good, looking forward to getting settled down in sunny California for a few years.

Hellcat #1 - #3 had some lovely art and a few funny panels but were a bit of a chore to read through. The premise was rather interesting too (temp agency for people with superpowers who don't to be a superhero or super-villain). Maybe they should have lead with that and gone with a client of the week type of pacing to start with and then slowly revealed Hellcat's background instead of giving us an info-dump so quickly.

Gonna dig into Batman 66. I heard this book was sooooo good.

I would temper my expectations a little bit.

As someone who hasn't read any regular X-Men run, is Carey's a good place to try starting at (#188 - #260)?

Wow, really liked the Arrow pilot. Guessing it's all downhill from here. :(

It's good for the first half of the first season, then great till the end of the second season. Sadly it got cancelled after that.

TheFlow

Banned
As someone who hasn't read any regular X-Men run, is Carey's a good place to try starting at (#188 - #260)?

It's good for the first half of the first season, then great till the end of the second season. Sadly it got cancelled after that.
Lol this is the best arrow summary on the net

Messi

I still haven't watched a single episode of Arrow. Flash didn't really grab me that much so I'm hesitant to try another DC show.

I really enjoy it. I haven't watched the most recent season though. Waiting for the blu ray. The quality has slipped from season 2 but its still decent imo. Tonally it is way different than Flash but I don't think you would like it if you don't like Flash tbh. Flash is great even though I don't like Flash as a character.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
WB BLL! Sweet digs.

Thanks!

I really enjoy it. I haven't watched the most recent season though. Waiting for the blu ray. The quality has slipped from season 2 but its still decent imo. Tonally it is way different than Flash but I don't think you would like it if you don't like Flash tbh. Flash is great even though I don't like Flash as a character.

I don't think Stephen Amell gets enough credit. I think he's come a long way, acting wise.

I thought the Abnett and Lanning GotG omnibus was JUST Gotg, but it also includes Thanos Imperative and the Annihilators series. I'm unsure as to how to review this. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Finished Flash season 2. Ending was poop. That's how they're going to do things after making you sit through 24 episodes? Now I'm making the mistake of starting Arrow season 1.

You kept going after the terrible S1 finale?

Owzers

Just starting issue #5 of Bendis' Iron Man on MU, there's nothing good about several of these Marvel book plots, who cares about this back and forth with Madame Masque? It's so small, compounded by how little Bendis does with it, but Doom had to show up in a book, and Mary Jane is standing here, so i guess that's $3.99. I'm going to kill you Tony. Why are you doing this Masque. Stop following me Tony. I have to stop you Masque.

Messi

Thanks!

I don't think Stephen Amell gets enough credit. I think he's come a long way, acting wise.

I absolutely agree and it annoys me that he is the butt of so many jokes. The show has problems but he isn't one of them. He has grown into the role. Roy on the other hand...

Just starting issue #5 of Bendis' Iron Man on MU, there's nothing good about several of these Marvel book plots, who cares about this back and forth with Madame Masque? It's so small, compounded by how little Bendis does with it, but Doom had to show up in a book, and Mary Jane is standing here, so i guess that's $3.99. I'm going to kill you Tony. Why are you doing this Masque. Stop following me Tony. I have to stop you Masque.

Loved the Madame Masque stuff but lost interest in the rest. Nearly fell off completely when Deodato took over from the amazing Marquez

tim1138

I thought the Abnett and Lanning GotG omnibus was JUST Gotg, but it also includes Thanos Imperative and the Annihilators series. I'm unsure as to how to review this. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

You kept going after the terrible S1 finale?

It's just the Rocket and Groot back ups from Annihilators, not the main story.

TheFlow

Banned

No. Read uncanny x men by Claremont and new mutants. Actually I have a link on the Ukraine c men reading order

Messi

I asked Jeremy Haun on Twitter about the art on The Beauty. He says going forward he will be rotating artists and he will pop in and do an issue here and there where time permits. His next issue is #12. He will continue co-writing the book. He also told me he is working on a new creator owned book that he will be announcing soon.

Top Bottom