• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

ElNarez

Banned
Wait what.

Ronan the Accuser, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this because before I leave in 3 weeks with your Ultimate Nullifier, I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest.

I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the galaxy. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing J'son of Spatax’s ass.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why are you down on Extraordinary X-Men? I think it has potential. Lemire sounded like he wants to knock it out of the park in the interview.

I'm not down on any of the X books, I'm the resident X-fanboy, I'll read and love all of it unashamedly

Rhaknar and his X-Bubble will never burst.

Psych knows what's up

Yeah. Had the same feeling with Nu52. It will hit highs for six months then drop down to lower sales than before.

Then we will get a pseudo-ish retcon like Convergence was.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So Steve is still going to be an asshole after Secret Wars aparently

Hold up...where...where is my Allred Silver Surfer? Dont do it Marvel, don't you dare take my Dawn away from me

ElNarez

Banned
Yeah. Had the same feeling with Nu52. It will hit highs for six months then drop down to lower sales than before.

Then we will get a pseudo-ish retcon like Convergence was.

say what you will about the Nu52, at least it was a clean slate, and DC has kept trying shit.

This is a mess, and I'm not even sure Marvel are trying that hard.

Rhaknar

RIP Dawn and Kirsten, you were the waifus we needed and didn't deserve :(

Silver-Surfer-Interior.jpg

DD10_6.jpg

say what you will about the Nu52, at least it was a clean slate, and DC has kept trying shit.

Nah.

The new 52's biggest problem was that it wasn't a clean slate. At least, not completely. Some characters had this epic backstory (that you could even go out and read!) and others got jack. See: Batman/Green Lantern vs. everybody else. If they had really committed to it, and of course gave the creative teams the freedom to figure out the new status quo, they'd be in much better shape today, IMO.

Yeah Nu52 was a much cleaner slate. This just feels random and trying to use a couple of writers to carry the entire load(look at Bendis/Ewing/Lemire's workload).

I really need to see the whole list so I can break it down.

Rhaknar

Ronan the Accuser, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this because before I leave in 3 weeks with your Ultimate Nullifier, I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest.

I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the galaxy. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing J'son of Spatax’s ass.
Will Drax have the longest new #1 run of all time, only to be buried and canceled when he talks shit about Axel?

tumblr_lzp9xdw6kc1r3xq38o1_500.gif

Top Bottom