• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

ElNarez

Banned
technically the solicit says it's a rogue faction of the League of Assassins but

c'mon

it's been advertised as fucking ISIS it's fucking ISIS

1426177124016.jpg

tim1138

Cool, cool.

Has this book been good? I dropped it after #2. Didn't dislike it but it was just alright

Ahahaha

Hell if I know, it caught my eye because of Klarion.

Or how about you give him to a half-decent writer because he's actually awesome?

A million times this.

And speaking of half-decent writers, hasn't poor Flash suffered enough?!

THE FLASH #41
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and VAN JENSEN

Sigh...

I don't remember if anyone mentioned it before, but we're getting a new artist (well, at least for #7) on Gotham Academy. It's gonna be Mingjue Helen Chen. Not familiar with her at all, but a quick google search brought me to her instagram and I'm very pleased. She's a great fit for the book.

I don't remember if anyone mentioned it before, but we're getting a new artist (well, at least for #7) on Gotham Academy. It's gonna be Mingjue Helen Chen. Not familiar with her at all, but a quick google search brought me to her instagram and I'm very pleased. She's a great fit for the book.
Oh yea she's good, and a good fit too

ReAxion

Hell yah. Nice find.

Owzers

Something people might not have noticed, but it looks like Digital Combo Packs for DC books are done with. I don't see the option for Justice League, Batman, Superman, any of the books that had digital combos.

Sad day for redeemers. Also Robin, Son of batman is $3.99.

Avixph

HARLEY QUINN #17
Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI / Art by CHAD HARDIN
Cover by AMANDA CONNER / THE JOKER Variant cover by EDUARDO RISSO
On sale JUNE 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

They’re here – the Gang of Harleys has arrived! Because the world demanded more Harley Quinn, Harley has answered the call – will a dozen more Harleys do the trick? Meet Carli Quinn, Harley Queen, HanukQuinn, and many, many, MANY more in a story that will have your sides splitting!

TMSmr5D.jpg

Something people might not have noticed, but it looks like Digital Combo Packs for DC books are done with. I don't see the option for Justice League, Batman, Superman, any of the books that had digital combos.

According to the Comic Conspiracy Podcast, at the last retailer meetup, DC execs said something like 6% of Digital Combo pack codes were being redeemed.

Harley getting that 3.99 price point.

God damnit.

SoilBreak

Banned
cRqhieg.jpg

GREEN ARROW #41
Written by BEN PERCY
Art and cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
THE JOKER Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Green Arrow returns to Seattle to find the city in chaos! What's causing this destruction, and can Ollie stop it before it spreads beyond the city?

HARLEY QUINN #17
Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI / Art by CHAD HARDIN
Cover by AMANDA CONNER / THE JOKER Variant cover by EDUARDO RISSO
On sale JUNE 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

They’re here – the Gang of Harleys has arrived! Because the world demanded more Harley Quinn, Harley has answered the call – will a dozen more Harleys do the trick? Meet Carli Quinn, Harley Queen, HanukQuinn, and many, many, MANY more in a story that will have your sides splitting!
Today, we are all Messi
Gotham Academy stays winning. Definitely one of the best ongoings DC has, and I'm really excited to see her work on it now that I've seen some of her work.

Avixph

''James Robinson and Marcio Takara Armor Up for ‘Armor Wars''

jQyWtKM.jpg

ARMOR WARS #1
JAMES ROBINSON (W)
MARCIO TAKARA (A)
COVER BY PAUL RIVOCHE
A SHADOW FALLS OVER AN ARMORED UTOPIA!
• TECHNOPOLIS: Amazing Domain of science and wonder created by rival genius brothers TONY AND ARNO STARK. A utopia except…a unique disease forces EVERYONE to wear armor to live and breathe
• In this armored land a hero is murdered and the killer’s identity a mystery Baron Tony Stark must solve.
• But in doing so, will Technopolis be forced into a civil war?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

rrEPng7.jpg

sOgA7jq.jpg

GkctJf6.jpg

ComicsAlliance: To what extent does your Armor Wars tie in to the classic Iron Man Armor Wars storyline of the late ’80s?

James Robinson: Well the original series was a (relatively) short saga that featured Tony, fearing that his armor designs were being misused, going after/defeating all his armor designs that were out there in the Marvel Universe being worn by others. It was a simple tale with a beginning and end.

When it came to turning this title “Armor Wars” into enough of a concept it was worthy of a whole area of Battleworld, I felt there should be more to it. So there will be a lot of Armor Vs. Armor action in it, but this tale is so much more than the original series in terms of its scope.

CA: How do you describe the high-tech setting of Technopolis? How is it different to the world we know?

JR: For reasons that will be revealed in the story, Technopolis is a world where every single person living here has to wear armor all the time. It’s a super-high-tech world of armor and robotics and science, very much advanced to ours or even the normal Marvel Universe. And all of it overseen by Tony Stark and the resident Thor who acts as the chief of police here, maintaining order.

CA: I notice this domain’s version of Thor has a surprising alter ego in Jim Rhodes. Is this a world without magic, and should we prepare for any similar surprises?

JR: No magic. This is a world of science. And yes, you’ll see a few more surprises like the identity of Technopolis’ Thor. A few familiar characters in unfamiliar roles… most specifically our murder victim who starts the whole drama in the first place.

CA: Marcio, designing all these armored characters sounds like a great gig. How do you approach the design aspect?

Marcio Takara: It is an awesome project to be part of. The idea was to incorporate as many Iron Man visuals as possible to each character. Since everyone has armor, I did my best to make at least the most important characters visually distinct from each other. I usually spend hours just picking reference from all over the place. So for Armor Wars, I have folders like “steampunk”, “dieselpunk” and “noir”. Along with lots and lots of Iron Man armors from the past. I love it.

Top Bottom