• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Unless I missed something in the stream, these characters are not in any of the books?

Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Zatanna
Renee Montoya
Plastic Man

Splatt

Christopher Priest

1380247701_herman-cain-smile.gif

Deathstroke

giphy.gif

I'm sure he'll make Deathstroke #great #again, but it's not a book I want him on :(

Zombine

Banned
Cyborg is going to be one of those books that is surprisingly good and charming, but it'll ultimately go ignored by everyone but a few of us.

Retreads galore. Slightly excited about Rucka Woman and Rafael's art on Batgirl. Everything else is whatever for me, but that's probably because I can't get into 15 Batbooks any more than I can 15 Avengers teams. And fourth pillar Harley is awful.

The pricing feels deceptive. Our books are a dollar cheaper than Marvel's
except you have to buy twice as many per month to stay current.
I wonder how fans will react to the twice per month books.

Happy for the DC fans eating this up. I'm not the target audience so my opinion doesn't really matter as much.

Unless I missed something in the stream, these characters are not in any of the books?

Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Zatanna
Renee Montoya
Plastic Man

They didn't reveal what JLA is or speak of Earth 2. I imagine JLA will have manhunter instead of Shazam. No idea where Zee will be, probably Constantine. Rucka is on WW, so maybe we'll see Renee there.

Johns could be writing a Shazam book, this is what he last said about Rebirth, I thought maybe he was talking about Ted Kord or Aquaman.

And there are a lot of other characters -- a lot of main characters, too, but a lot of background characters -- that haven't had their due, that haven't had their spotlight in a while, that will be bubbling up to the surface. One in particular, I'm extremely excited to be writing.

Top Bottom