• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Hmm... The only thing that I will be for sure adding to my pull is Wonder Woman -- I'll buy anything by Rucka. I love Huntress so I'll probably check out Birds of Prey as well.

Ross61

Seems like DC is pacing themselves and only putting out essentials first. Then once the everything is settled is when they announce new titles and probably gonna cancel some. I like this approach.

Only ones I'm really dissapointed in are Hal Jordan and the GL, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Justice League, Titans and Teen Titans.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sounds like a huge amount of team-ups and older characters training their successors.

JRJR, Jock and Sean Murphy!!

d181.png
A whole lot of talented artists... and JRJR. That promo art is fucking hideous.

Although Snyder was explicitly responding to someone asking if he'd be writing Justice League, this quote makes me surprised by All-Star Batman's shipping schedule: "thats wishful thinking. I'm teaching/consulting + writing - just can't do double ship now. Love that title tho, love to one day"

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for American Vampire's return.

Got a chance to read the announcements on CBR. So far these are the ones I'm interested in:
-Batman: Tom King's work has been wonderful and he's the best person at DC to write this IMO
-All Star Batman: good artists
-Wonder Woman: I'm not very experienced but I like Rucka so this is perfect for me
-Supergirl: haven't read Midnighter but everyone seems to dig Orlando so I'll try it
-Birds of Prey: why not

P good so far. I'm really happy about King on Batman being true. I'm interested in Tec but I want to wait on it, same for Nightwing. I'll look out for Superman too.

Feel like bi-monthly titles at 2.99 is a genius move. 2 books a month at $6 or one book a month at $4 really puts it into perspective. As a reader, im going to get my story faster, and for less money. Be interesting to see how they handle trades.

Weiss

Banned
Finally read the new Secret Six series. Damn shame it's ending for Rebirth, because it was really good. Ralph Dibny finally came back!

Until they said it was Cass, I thought it was a Talon.

They've said it's Cass.

Finally read the new Secret Six series. Damn shame it's ending for Rebirth, because it was really good. Ralph Dibny finally came back!

SUCH a great moment.

Fucking LAME!

Hopefully Wonder Woman tanks like a motherfucker.

Naw son.

Naw.

He's writing the second(ary?) storyline. They're altering between a present day thing and a WW Year One every other issue. Once the latter wraps, I'd imagine he'll go back to whatever silly little image thing you're kvetching about.

:D

Zombine

Banned
I think the whole point is that it's not supposed to be some dramatic change, it's a readjustment, bringing back stuff people liked from before without rocking the boat too much.

It's basically a corrective septoplasty. We're fixing the sleep apnea not the shape of the nose.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
wait is all stars batman just detective comics rebranded?
No, All-Star Batman is more like the regular Batman book. It's Scott Snyder telling stories involving villains he hasn't yet extensively used (Two-Face, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Penguin) with a new artist for each arc.

You'll basically have three high profile Batman books:
Batman
Detective Comics
All-Star Batman

Busaiku

Why would they axe Robin though.
My book count actually dropped, since we still don't know Gotham Academy artist. If it's not Helen Chen, then I don't care.

Why would they axe Robin though.
My book count actually dropped, since we still don't know Gotham Academy artist. If it's not Helen Chen, then I don't care.

Robin, Son of Batman is heading to a pretty natural conclusion, honestly. Wraps up the arc of the book pretty well.

Top Bottom