• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

tim1138

He's got a firm grip and won't let go. One day Flash and GL will be great again.

One day

Flash at least got a reprieve, Joshua Williamson is taking that over with an interesting sounding opening arc. I'm not familiar with his work, but he can't be worse then Venditti or Bucalleto

Flash at least got a reprieve, Joshua Williamson is taking that over with an interesting sounding opening arc. I'm not familiar with his work, but he can't be worse then Venditti or Bucalleto
Ghosted and nail biter are pretty cool. So yea there's hope but I gotta wait and see. Indie writers don't always make the cut over to corporate cape books well

d1001.png

mreddie

Big two are terrified of the word "reboot" for some reason. This should be a reboot. Instead, it's nothing. Lineup changes. Okay.

DC did do a reboot and yeah, you can see why Marvel didn't push that button.

ANAD feels different in some places, Rebirth, kinda samey.

Messi

Lupacchino on two books. Good luck with that DC.

What does Amanda Conner being DC exclusive mean. She is essentially exclusive now. Why isn't jimmy Palmiotti exclusive?

I don't think most people want another DC reboot.

From the 52 stuff?

DC did do a reboot and yeah, you can see why Marvel didn't push that button.

ANAD feels different in some places, Rebirth, kinda samey.

See, ANAD is a reboot-lite in everything but name. Semantics. The universe was destroyed. Almost nobody seems to know WTF happened to them for a significant period of time. Maintaining large portions of their shared histories doesn't negate how different stuff is now.

From a purely marketing standpoint, I think the big two suck at strategic messaging. They try toeing the line instead of explaining what they're actually trying to do. The fact that DC can't get you a one sentence explanation of what Rebirth is shows a lack of clarity. Same damn thing with ANAD. Only thing we get is it's a return to roots, blah blah, not a reboot.

tim1138

There's a press event going on now and here's what they said about Gotham Academy

14:35
Earth 2 and Gotham Academy Next Semester will continue the previous series, and aren't "part of the Rebirth event."

Alert GrandHarrier

Johns said characters like the New Gods, Shazam, and the Legion of Super-Heroes would all appear once Rebirth gets underway, along with other properties, and that there is a "Story to tell" about how some of them make it into the universe.

Messi

Chip Zdarsky is screwing around on Twitter

Superman

fingers crossed I'm writing superman

please do not boycott DC just because I'm not writing Superman. It's unnecessary.

Batgirl

sad to hear @cameronMstewart @babsdraws and @brendenfletcher are retiring from comics. Seem like good people & hope they land on their feet.

I am shocked Cameron Stewart, Fletcher and Babs seem to have left for image.

Okay, just got back from seeing BvS. I didn't go in expecting anything, really. I ended up really enjoying it. I'll wait until more people have seen it before I get into discussing it anymore, but I was pleasantly surprised. Zack Snyder redeemed? Oh ho ho ho, no. He's got a few atrocities under his belt. But I enjoyed this one, and that's enough. I'm wondering if the over-saturation of Marvel films is making DC movies more appealing to me.

So what did I miss?

I will probably by every Rebirth issue just for variety, regret it and come here to bitch about it and poke my Venditti voodoo doll once more.

Omw to Waterloo to see BvS.

Top Bottom